Author Topic: Senate confirms Trump’s 13th Circuit Court judge, disregards ‘blue slip’ protest  (Read 487 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Senate confirms Trump’s 13th Circuit Court judge, disregards ‘blue slip’ protest
Washington Times, Jan 30, 2018, Alex Swoyer

The Senate confirmed another one of President Trump’s Circuit Court nominees on Tuesday over “blue slip” protests from Democrats, who said the nominee never should have been given a hearing, let alone a vote.

Minnesota Supreme Court Justice David Stras was confirmed to the 8th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals by a 56 to 42 vote, becoming Mr. Trump’s 13th Circuit Court pick to clear the Senate.

But Democrats said Justice Stras was only placed on the federal bench after Republicans disregarded the “blue slip” tradition, which allows home state senators to sign off on judges from their home states.

“This is a major step back, and another way that the majority is slowly, inexorably, gnawing away at the way this body works and making it more and more like the House of Representatives,” Senate Minority Leader Charles E. Schumer, New York Democrat, said Monday.

More: https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/jan/30/senate-confirms-donald-trumps-13th-circuit-court-j/

Online Right_in_Virginia

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Great news!  Especially that Grassly has apparently grown a pair.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
If it makes Chuckie unhappy then it has to be good.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Eat it Democrats Amy Klobuchar and Tina Smith of MN!   
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline endicom

DAVID STRAS CONFIRMED TO EIGHTH CIRCUIT
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2018, 12:23:53 am »
Power Line
Scott Johnson
Jan. 30, 2018

Minnesota Supreme Court Justice David Stras had essentially the entire Minnesota professional community supporting his nomination by President Trump to the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals. Thanks to Al Franken, however, the nomination sat in limbo for six months. Mistah Franken–he dead. He revealed his true jerkhood in the matter of Justice Stras. The single blue slip veto applicable to federal appellate court nominees was interred with his bones.

More... http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2018/01/david-stras-confirmed-to-eighth-circuit.php

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: DAVID STRAS CONFIRMED TO EIGHTH CIRCUIT
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2018, 12:26:11 am »
This is awesome! I have been following this very closely.

Now who is this guy again?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Folks on the right are are celebrating now...

Bet that won't be the case when the Dems have Co troll again and do the same thing.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Right_in_Virginia

Bet that won't be the case when the Dems have Co troll again and do the same thing.

Carpe diem ... !

Offline endicom

They do as they please in any case.