Author Topic: Trump to release Memo right after SOTU speech  (Read 4854 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: Trump to release Memo right after SOTU speech
« Reply #100 on: January 31, 2018, 04:14:32 am »
So where is the memo?

Is this another BS conservative media item, like arresting sanctuary city leaders, that will amount to jack squat?

Top aides have also told the President it is important the White House be seen as giving the Justice Department's concerns due weight by conducting the inter-agency national security review of the memo, along with a legal review. That review is already under way among advisers, an official said, and their findings will likely be presented to the President as early as Wednesday.

https://www.abc2news.com/news/national-politics/president-trump-wants-the-nunes-memo-released-as-soon-as-possible

It was never going to be released today, because that's all they would be talking about tomorrow instead of the speech.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 04:15:35 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online corbe

« Reply #101 on: January 31, 2018, 04:21:28 am »

Ive never been here, I'm not going to waste time in a chain, and I don't trust recommendations of the concierge.

@edpc

'Mothers' restaurant downtown Nawlins on Poydras St near Holiday Inn Crown Plaza, Locals pack it everyday, best damn food.

Disclaimer: it's been 20 years since I left.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #102 on: January 31, 2018, 04:24:58 am »
   @edpc

'Mothers' restaurant downtown Nawlins on Poydras St near Holiday Inn Crown Plaza, Locals pack it everyday, best damn food.

It's a Tranny Bar now. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline anubias

« Reply #103 on: January 31, 2018, 04:26:45 am »
   @edpc

I haven’t been since Katrina so know idea what is there anymore.  Wherever you go, be sure to order “Barbecued Shrimp” as an appetizer. 

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #104 on: January 31, 2018, 04:26:57 am »
It's a Tranny Bar now.

It was one 20 years ago!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline edpc

« Reply #105 on: January 31, 2018, 04:28:23 am »
It's a Tranny Bar now.

But are they passable?

Offline WingNot

« Reply #106 on: January 31, 2018, 04:30:31 am »
It was one 20 years ago!

That explains corbe's last visit.

Online corbe

« Reply #107 on: January 31, 2018, 04:31:34 am »
                                          Where's The MEMO?

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline anubias

« Reply #108 on: January 31, 2018, 04:34:30 am »
                                          Where's The MEMO?

The WhiteHouse announced earlier today that it would not be released until Friday or Monday according to FOX.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #109 on: January 31, 2018, 04:35:25 am »
That explains corbe's last visit.

I think he was trying to get our friend @edpc .
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline edpc

« Reply #110 on: January 31, 2018, 04:36:03 am »
They're not going to step on their afterglow.  They'd rather spend the next few days reviewing mopey Dems' reactions.

Online corbe

« Reply #111 on: January 31, 2018, 04:36:40 am »
   I readily admit I followed a Tranny one night into a Bourbon St Bar and when I noticed her scrotum dangling beneath her short skirt after it took my drink order I immediately left and NO I didn't go to Mother's for anything other than the great food.

Offline WingNot

« Reply #112 on: January 31, 2018, 04:37:27 am »
I think he was trying to get our friend @edpc .

Damn.  and I went and spoiled it.    My bad.

If he ever gets to Dallas I could recommended a few places in Oak Cliff to make up for it!  :laugh:

Online corbe

« Reply #113 on: January 31, 2018, 04:37:43 am »
    Thanks for the heads up @anubias

Offline edpc

« Reply #114 on: January 31, 2018, 04:43:09 am »
Damn.  and I went and spoiled it.    My bad.

If he ever gets to Dallas I could recommended a few places in Oak Cliff to make up for it!  :laugh:

You can't fool people going to Baltimore and DC.  Many of those places are in Mount Vernon or Manassas, so it's quite evident.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #115 on: January 31, 2018, 04:51:55 am »

Top aides have also told the President it is important the White House be seen as giving the Justice Department's concerns due weight by conducting the inter-agency national security review of the memo, along with a legal review. That review is already under way among advisers, an official said, and their findings will likely be presented to the President as early as Wednesday.

https://www.abc2news.com/news/national-politics/president-trump-wants-the-nunes-memo-released-as-soon-as-possible

It was never going to be released today, because that's all they would be talking about tomorrow instead of the speech.

Sounds to me like they're planning on reneging on the release.  I called it yesterday when I found out Nunes let the DoJ and FBI get a look at it.  There will now be some national security pretense given so we'll never find out what's in it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #116 on: January 31, 2018, 05:02:15 am »
Sounds to me like they're planning on reneging on the release.  I called it yesterday when I found out Nunes let the DoJ and FBI get a look at it.  There will now be some national security pretense given so we'll never find out what's in it.

And Trump can claim he wanted it released but was stymied by what Nunes did and his Faithful will then justify the reneging and agree with the Democrats that releasing the memo now is treason.

It's the same thing we got to witness tonight - the crowing of the 'most Conservative SOTU EVER!' while Amnesty and 1.5 TRILLION dollars in infrastructure spending is going to happen.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline anubias

« Reply #117 on: January 31, 2018, 05:04:49 am »
And Trump can claim he wanted it released but was stymied by what Nunes did and his Faithful will then justify the reneging and agree with the Democrats that releasing the memo now is treason.

It's the same thing we got to witness tonight - the crowing of the 'most Conservative SOTU EVER!' while Amnesty and 1.5 TRILLION dollars in infrastructure spending is going to happen.

Hmmm... I must have missed that comment, @INVAR  I never say anyone crow the ‘most Conservative SOTU EVER!” 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #118 on: January 31, 2018, 05:08:15 am »
Hmmm... I must have missed that comment, @INVAR  I never say anyone crow the ‘most Conservative SOTU EVER!”

Chris Wallace said it was the SOTU speech with the third largest number of words in it...
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline anubias

« Reply #119 on: January 31, 2018, 05:09:53 am »
Chris Wallace said it was the SOTU speech with the third largest number of words in it...

And don’t forget bellicose!

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #120 on: January 31, 2018, 05:10:57 am »

Chris Wallace: The Poor Mans Mike Wallace.

Offline edpc

« Reply #121 on: January 31, 2018, 05:28:23 am »

I missed the speech, due to travel, but there were two glaring whoppers I saw in the recap.

1)  The tax cuts were not the largest in history. There is no way they approach the level of cuts under Kennedy or Reagan.

2)  The way he characterized the immigration lottery was demonstrably false.  The spots do not go to random people, regardless of their job skill. There are specific job requirements for entry under the plan listed on the state.gov website. I'm not sure what he was thinking there.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 05:29:21 am by edpc »