Author Topic: FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe, frequent target of Trump's ire, steps down: NBC News  (Read 5251 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
McCabe's name has surfaced in connection with several other controversies.

The Daily Beast reported that a GOP memo alleging government surveillance abuse named McCabe, along with Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and ex-FBI boss James Comey.

Incidentally, the McCabe removal comes after Wray viewed the memo Sunday on Capitol Hill, as reported by Fox News’ Catherine Herridge. The removal also comes ahead of a DOJ inspector general report regarding the handling of the Hillary Clinton email probe. 

Several Republicans also want to know what McCabe knew about anti-Trump text messages between two bureau officials, including one that seemed to reference an “insurance policy” against Trump winning the 2016 election. 

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/01/29/fbi-deputy-director-andrew-mccabe-is-stepping-down-from-bureau-fox-news-has-learned.html

It appears there was something in those "lost texts" that prompted Director Wray to move faster on getting McCabe out of the Hoover building than originally planned.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Oceander

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/01/29/fbi-deputy-director-andrew-mccabe-is-stepping-down-from-bureau-fox-news-has-learned.html

It appears there was something in those "lost texts" that prompted Director Wray to move faster on getting McCabe out of the Hoover building than originally planned.

Now I’m really curious. 

Offline aligncare

Well if it’s ever gonna get back on track now’s the time, before Frank shows up in his classic automobile.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
You are close to Vegas.  Put a bet down for us. :smokin:

Can't do that to good friends because I have a conscience.  Unless you can find some fools who think Linda's going to be OK with sacking McCabe.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
...and yet you will be the first to hit report if anyone replies to your snarky post.

Isn't that a surprise?

The person that flicks the most noses and sticks fingers in the eyes around here while playing Mod wannabe, is the person who hits the report button the moment someone replies negatively to her snark.

How utterly predictable.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

What pinhead let Wray look at that memo?  DoJ were precisely the ones we wanted to keep that thing away from.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Mod1

Let's stay on topic.  This is fast moving and important.  Take the personal stuff elsewhere.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Many people deserve jail,  DOJ, ATF, FBI, CIA, NSA, IRS, People in Obama admin, and several congress people.

I'll check youtube, maybe that guy who caused Benghazi made another one.   He needs more jail time.

I'm not holding my breath on ANYONE who is tied to the Oligarchy in D.C. being charged, tried and convicted of crimes.

No one has the balls to pursue it outside of long-drawn out and useless congressional kabuki theater "investigations.

Maybe an unknown underling as a sacrificial lamb to placate any public outrage - but the big fishes.... forget it.  The Mob owns and runs the Swamp.

The math on that is not too hard.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline anubias

I don’t suppose it could have had anything to do with all those “Andy”s in those texts.   :pondering:

Offline mrclose

Any chance of getting this thread back on track?  I’d like to know what’s going on.
Here ya go!

"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline anubias

Here ya go!

Bwahahaha!  First time I’ve seen that one.   888high58888

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I don’t suppose it could have had anything to do with all those “Andy”s in those texts.   :pondering:

I wouldn't bet against it.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe 'removed' from the bureau
Fox News, Jan 29, 2018,  Judson Berger, Jake Gibson

<snip>

Incidentally, the McCabe removal comes after Wray viewed the memo Sunday on Capitol Hill, as reported by Fox News’ Catherine Herridge. The removal also comes ahead of a DOJ inspector general report regarding the handling of the Hillary Clinton email probe.

More: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/01/29/fbi-deputy-director-andrew-mccabe-is-stepping-down-from-bureau-fox-news-has-learned.html

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Can't do that to good friends because I have a conscience.  Unless you can find some fools who think Linda's going to be OK with sacking McCabe.

@Cyber Liberty
Shhhh, I need that $10
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I will NOT comply.

Offline driftdiver

I read that rosenstein signed the warrant too.   How come he didn't recuse HIMSELF from the special prosecutor process if he was involved in the FISA warrant

and someone please help me understand how Comey went before Congress and read a letter that was written by someone else if he didn't agree to it...

I mean seriously, he was like the boss wasn't he?

Offline Mod2

Merged two threads on same topic.

Offline driftdiver

Merged two threads on same topic.

merged like the borg and Capt Picard

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Andrew McCabe steps down as deputy FBI director amid pressure
CBS News, Jan 29, 2018, Last Updated Jan 29, 2018 3:40 PM EST

FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe is stepping down from the FBI, according to a source familiar with the matter. However, within the Justice Department and FBI, there are competing narratives about the tenor of his departure.  A source tells CBS News that the Justice Department is pushing a narrative that McCabe was "told to go," while within the FBI, sources say that it was McCabe's decision.

More: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/andrew-mccabe-fbi-deputy-director-steps-down-confirmed-today-latest-news-updates/

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
McCabe Resigns After FBI Director Wray Reviews House FISA Abuse Memo

Sara Carter  ï‚™   ïƒ    â€¢ January 29, 2018

FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe was forced to resign Monday, just as the House Intelligence Committee is expected to vote on the public release of a classified memo this afternoon revealing extensive Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act abuse under the Obama administration, sources told this reporter.

McCabe apparently lashed out to his colleagues when he was told he would be asked to resign, according to sources. FBI Director Christopher Wray viewed the four-page memo on Sunday, sources familiar with the discussions said.

McCabe, who is facing three federal inquiries for conflicts-of-interest during his time at the FBI, is one of the numerous names mentioned in the classified memo detailing FISA abuse, according to sources who reviewed the memo.

The federal inquiries into allegations against McCabe, who was expected to resign in March, are based on documents and interviews conducted by this reporter over the past year and range from sexual discrimination to improper political activity.

McCabe, a central figure in the ongoing Russia investigation against Trump, is also part of the Department of Justice Inspector General Michael Horowitz’s ongoing review into the FBI’s handling of former Presidential candidate Hillary Clinton’s use of a private email server to send classified information.

Current and former FBI officials said McCabe’s resignation is the beginning of more resignations to come.

“There are people lining up in the bureau to go after McCabe,” said a former FBI official, with knowledge. “There will be a clean up at the Bureau of his cronies.”

According to several U.S. officials, McCabe’s government communications were collected as part of the ongoing DOJ Inspector General investigation, which is expected to be completed by March.

snippy-do

https://saraacarter.com/mccabe-resigns-fbi-director-wray-reviews-house-fisa-abuse-memo/

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I get that FOX is noting the Wray memo review and IG report timing, but I'd hold fire after the Johnson 'secret society' flop and Hannity's source gaffe.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Frank Cannon

Any chance of getting this thread back on track?  I’d like to know what’s going on.

Absolutely. I hate when this important shit gets sent off course.

What you wanted to know was what is happening. Bruno Mars did indeed sweep the Grammy's.

Offline RoosGirl

Absolutely. I hate when this important shit gets sent off course.

What you wanted to know was what is happening. Bruno Mars did indeed sweep the Grammy's.

Bruno Mars?  I'm surprised they're still letting him in, even if it is to clean up after everyone.