Author Topic: Freedom Caucus co-founder: ‘There had better be’ a push for a stronger immigration bill  (Read 836 times)

Online libertybele

???  IMHO - NO legal status and NO pathway to citizenship.  I am really hoping that the SCOTUS takes on this case and rules against DACA.

Freedom Caucus co-founder: ‘There had better be’ a push for a stronger immigration bill
“What the American people sent us there to do.”

While the White House pushes an amnesty deal unpopular with conservatives, one group of lawmakers is pushing for a harder-line measure with more support from the conservative base.

The conservative House Freedom Caucus plans to push GOP leadership for a vote on a stronger bill, according to caucus co-founder Jim Jordan, R-Ohio.

In a Friday afternoon phone interview with CRTV, Jordan said that one of the promises made to House conservatives during the last shutdown fight was that leadership would whip votes for a harder-line immigration measure in exchange for support to keep the federal government running. And he intends for them to make good on it.

“There had better be” a push for the bill in the House, Jordan said. “It was a deal.”..........

..........During the interview Jordan expressed “concerns” about President Trump’s proposal. Efforts need to be aimed at stopping immigration and enhancing border security, he said.

In contrast, the bill introduced by House Judiciary Chairman Bob Goodlatte, R-Va., and others would provide renewal legal status for DACA beneficiaries, rather than the pathway to citizenship which has been unpopular among conservative immigration reform advocates for years.

“Our position has been clear. We’re for that bill,” Jordan told CRTV, calling it “consistent with what the American people sent us there to do.”.........

https://www.conservativereview.com/articles/freedom-caucus-co-founder-better-push-stronger-immigration-bill/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline WarmPotato

• TheWarmPotato
  • Follow WarmPotato on YTB
    • My Youtube Channel
I have got to agree but also say COME ON!!!! In my opinion it was a calculated maneuver. Trump offers them amnesty for the wall, they refuse, now he can go out and say "You see? They just want open borders, its not about amnesty" - BOOM!
Check out my youtube Channel!

https://youtu.be/b6E3JS3Dmaw

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
???  IMHO - NO legal status and NO pathway to citizenship.  I am really hoping that the SCOTUS takes on this case and rules against DACA.

:amen: :amen: and  :amen: again
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
What's funny about all of this is no one wants to focus on the easiest and most immediate way to tighten up the borders as well as send a lot of illegals home sooner than later.

More than half of the people illegally in this country overstayed their Visas.  And the majority of those were student Visas.  The same kind the 9/11 attackers were here on IIRC.

I want the wall built yesterday.  But while they are haggling about whether it's really gonna get built...INS/ICE should be rounding up the folks that have overstayed their Visas. 

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online libertybele

What's funny about all of this is no one wants to focus on the easiest and most immediate way to tighten up the borders as well as send a lot of illegals home sooner than later.

More than half of the people illegally in this country overstayed their Visas.  And the majority of those were student Visas.  The same kind the 9/11 attackers were here on IIRC.

I want the wall built yesterday.  But while they are haggling about whether it's really gonna get built...INS/ICE should be rounding up the folks that have overstayed their Visas.

I agree to an extent.  I also think illegals taking up space in our prison system should be deported back to the country from where they came. There are other sectors of illegals that could be deported; such as those coming in for free medical, illegals in our classroom, etc.  However I believe without a wall and stricter enforcement at the border along with enforcing existing laws, they'll be hopping right back over.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I agree to an extent.  I also think illegals taking up space in our prison system should be deported back to the country from where they came.

To me, it would depend greatly on the crime.  I’m not thrilled about housing and feeding them, but at least I’d know violent offenders are behind bars.  In their corrupt native systems, they may be out in no time and back here again, committing more offenses.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I have got to agree but also say COME ON!!!! In my opinion it was a calculated maneuver. Trump offers them amnesty for the wall, they refuse, now he can go out and say "You see? They just want open borders, its not about amnesty" - BOOM!

Agreed. BTW for a young member, you sure display solid political savvy.  Are you listening to Scott Adams? This is his take on the topic, too.

BTW these people are in the country, and would be staying either way. Legal status costs nothing. A 12 year pathway to citizenship is effectively putting them at the end of the line.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
A 12 year pathway to citizenship is effectively putting them at the end of the line.

Except legislative timelines are usually meaningless.  Ever notice how budget projections show deficit reduction over 10 years?  What budget has ever been in place that long?  Remember when the Obamacare exemptions were going to expire in 2017?  The CHIP funding bill just passed included a 2 year extension.  If you think it'll really take them a decade or more to become citizens, you're fooling yourself.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

I would bet a lot more than HALF are here ILLEGALLY - as in, they had no visa or permission to be here in the first place.

But if we were serious about dealing with the problem and wanted short-term results, end all taxpayer-subsidized welfare of any kind for anyone except bona-fide American citizens and go after businesses that hire illegals - and BAM!  Problem will reduce itself in no time.

But no one has the balls in D.C. or the desire to end any of what has gone on for decades in terms of jumping our fence and breaking our laws.

In short because the Oligarchy sees the need to replace the existing citizenship in America with their newfound citizens of the world.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I would bet a lot more than HALF are here ILLEGALLY - as in, they had no visa or permission to be here in the first place.

But if we were serious about dealing with the problem and wanted short-term results, end all taxpayer-subsidized welfare of any kind for anyone except bona-fide American citizens and go after businesses that hire illegals - and BAM!  Problem will reduce itself in no time.

But no one has the balls in D.C. or the desire to end any of what has gone on for decades in terms of jumping our fence and breaking our laws.

In short because the Oligarchy sees the need to replace the existing citizenship in America with their newfound citizens of the world.

Well said!
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Enforce the law as it exists! Problem solved!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

So, what would Trump have done had they agreed?  Something about motorboat mouth overloading one's rowboat a...how does that saying go?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 06:28:12 pm by Sanguine »

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author

[snip]

Yes Sir!

Pelosi's 'Make America White Again' dig at Trump Draws Rebuke from Fellow Democrat

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jan/28/democrats-immigration-pelosi-manchin-trump
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 06:39:30 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Yes Sir!

Pelosi's 'Make America White Again' dig at Trump Draws Rebuke from Fellow Democrat

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jan/28/democrats-immigration-pelosi-manchin-trump

I wondered if any dems would condemn Pelosi for those absolutely racist and vicious comments.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Enforce the law as it exists! Problem solved!
Plus tighten up the documents required for employers to review.

The 1986 Reagan Amnesty, and later  put in place a very weak employer verification process. IRCA and the I-9 form.  It has been abused ever since with fake, fraudulent, forged documents which the employer just looks at and notes in the files.

The employer is not able or willing, to scrutinize these forms. He doesn't want to be an immigration agent. And a system shouldn't put him in that situation.

Additionally courts need to enforce immigration related laws, measures, etc. (Enforce Prop. 187 passed in 1994 to block illegals from government benefits.)

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I wondered if any dems would condemn Pelosi for those absolutely racist and vicious comments.

Manchin only did it because he's running for re-election.