Author Topic: McCain still 'calls the shots' on Armed Services Committee from Arizona, Inhofe says  (Read 456 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
McCain still 'calls the shots' on Armed Services Committee from Arizona, Inhofe says
By Rebecca Kheel - 01/26/18 12:35 PM EST

Senate Armed Services Committee Chairman John McCain (R-Ariz.) continues to “call the shots” for the panel while battling brain cancer in Arizona, the committee’s No. 2 Republican says.

“I’m chairing the meetings, but we’re chairing the meetings consistent with what John feels we should be doing,” Sen. James Inhofe (R-Okla.) said in a clip released Friday of an interview for C-SPAN’s "Newsmakers." “In fact, actually deciding on what hearings we’re having, that’s a decision that’s coming out of the chairman, who is John McCain.

more
http://thehill.com/policy/defense/370898-inhofe-mccain-still-calls-the-shots-on-armed-services-committee-from-arizona
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

McCain still 'calls the shots' on Armed Services Committee from Arizona, Inhofe says
The Hill, Jan 28, 2018, Rebecca Kheel

Senate Armed Services Committee Chairman John McCain (R-Ariz.) continues to “call the shots” for the panel while battling brain cancer in Arizona, the committee’s No. 2 Republican says.

“I’m chairing the meetings, but we’re chairing the meetings consistent with what John feels we should be doing,” Sen. James Inhofe (R-Okla.) said in a clip released Friday of an interview for C-SPAN’s "Newsmakers." “In fact, actually deciding on what hearings we’re having, that’s a decision that’s coming out of the chairman, who is John McCain.

“So obviously during his recovery period, he can’t be here for these, and you can’t stop everything now. So I give you two answers to that: He’s calling the shots, and I’m showing up.”

More: http://thehill.com/policy/defense/370898-inhofe-mccain-still-calls-the-shots-on-armed-services-committee-from-arizona

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
“So obviously during his recovery period, he can’t be here for these, and you can’t stop everything now.

There is no such thing as a "recovery period" for what ails McCain. There is only a steady decline into death. That is a very strange way to describe what is actually happening with McCain at this point. It is a kind of doublespeak.

Furthermore, the whole premise of the statement is dubious. If McCain is too weak to travel to Washington, then there is no way to know if what Inhofe is doing reflects McCain's directives or not. Inhofe can do any damn thing he wants to do. McCain is in no position, and likely never will be, to challenge or correct anything Inhofe does.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

There is no such thing as a "recovery period" for what ails McCain. There is only a steady decline into death. That is a very strange way to describe what is actually happening with McCain at this point. It is a kind of doublespeak.

Furthermore, the whole premise of the statement is dubious. If McCain is too weak to travel to Washington, then there is no way to know if what Inhofe is doing reflects McCain's directives or not. Inhofe can do any damn thing he wants to do. McCain is in no position, and likely never will be, to challenge or correct anything Inhofe does.

Well, this is what Inhofe claims in the video.

At some point the Governor of Arizona has to decide if the people of the state are being well-served by John McCain's continued tenure in the Senate.  Inhofe may be trying to push this decision further down the road.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Well, this is what Inhofe claims in the video.

At some point the Governor of Arizona has to decide if the people of the state are being well-served by John McCain's continued tenure in the Senate.  Inhofe may be trying to push this decision further down the road.

Just yesterday there were rumors that McCain was dying, dead, in a coma or something not good.

This may have come out to attempt to disabuse us of that notion.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline anubias

My carpal tunnel has gone crazy this morning.  I can’t control the crossing of my fingers no matter how hard I try.

Offline libertybele

Just yesterday there were rumors that McCain was dying, dead, in a coma or something not good.

This may have come out to attempt to disabuse us of that notion.

McCain IS dying that's a given.  He has no chance at recovery.  My question is how long can a sitting Senator take a leave of absence?  It was reported mid-December (before Christmas) that he was suffering from a viral infection and recovering from chemo; which is normal (?).  It was then reported that he would be returning to the Senate in  January.  Well, in 3 days we reach the end of January.  I therefore declare b.s. on the premise that's he's calling the shots from home.  I'm also annoyed that he makes comments to the press; this doesn't take the place of actually doing the job that he was elected to do and quite frankly his comments at this point in time are really irrelevant.  I realize he's trying to live his final days to the fullest, but for crying out loud, he should retire and enjoy his final days to the fullest and focus on family his time as a Senator has come and gone ... I wish him comfort in his final days, but it's time for him to let go.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant

There is a cure if you are younger and can handle the side effects of the cure.  My 42-year-old nephew, a Marine, received the same diagnosis a month after McCain's diagnosis.  My nephew is now 100% cancer free.
"It's fun; baseball's fun."  Yogi Berra

Oceander

There is a cure if you are younger and can handle the side effects of the cure.  My 42-year-old nephew, a Marine, received the same diagnosis a month after McCain's diagnosis.  My nephew is now 100% cancer free.

Good for your nephew!!!!   

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
Good for your nephew!!!!

Thank you so much.  It was terrible news for us. 

I just do not want people to think there is no cure.  McCain had so many complications.  My nephew did not.
"It's fun; baseball's fun."  Yogi Berra

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Thank you so much.  It was terrible news for us. 

I just do not want people to think there is no cure.  McCain had so many complications.  My nephew did not.

McCain was clear that his cancer is terminal. I don't know the specifics, age, type of cancer, location of the tumor, I don't know. But McCain himself said back when he was still doing interviews that his prognosis was very grim.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
One day soon he is going to wake up dead.  The sooner the better for all of us.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline corbe

It's only fitting that he go out of the US Senate in the same tradition as Robert Byrd and Ted Kennedy. 
    I still think it offers a great opportunity to Arizonians, with Flake retiring and the head of the State GOP dying an excellent chance to recoup and I still think they will.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

McCain was clear that his cancer is terminal. I don't know the specifics, age, type of cancer, location of the tumor, I don't know. But McCain himself said back when he was still doing interviews that his prognosis was very grim.

McCain was diagnosed with malignant glioblastoma.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/cancer/what-glioblastoma-mccain-s-brain-tumor-aggressive-type-cancer-n784681

https://www.webmd.com/cancer/brain-cancer/what-is-glioblastoma#1

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

God Bless your nephew!  That is excellent news. 

Offline WarmPotato

• TheWarmPotato
  • Follow WarmPotato on YTB
    • My Youtube Channel
Why is McCain still in congress? Doesn't he have a brain injury???
Check out my youtube Channel!

https://youtu.be/b6E3JS3Dmaw