Author Topic: She claims the EU has turned “Finland into its province” and has railed against the country’s politi  (Read 549 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Finland election brings NEW threat to EU: The Brexit-backing Farage fan vying for Finexit

A FINLAND election candidate is using Nigel Farage’s Brexit example as a blueprint for her own plans to pull her country out of the EU.

By Will Kirby |  PUBLISHED:  13:02, Fri, Jan 26, 2018    | UPDATED: 16:56, Fri, Jan 26, 2018

Laura Huhtasaari, a 38-year-old former teacher, is trying to bring anti-immigration populist ideas back to mainstream Finnish politics and her campaign for the presidency has seen her reputation soar ahead of the first round of voting on Sunday.

Her Finns Party has employed tactics from a variety of populist politicians, echoing Donald Trump with her “Finland first” slogan and French presidential candidate Marine Le Pen, who used nationalism as a key theme in her campaign.

Her eurosceptic rhetoric sounds a lot like that of former Ukip leader Nigel Farage, even telling of her admiration for the 53-year-old’s Brexit campaign as she told supporters to “take their country back”.

She said: “I look at Nigel Farage’s example. It took 17 years, but Brexit came.

“I don’t plan to wait that long.”

She claims the EU has turned “Finland into its province” and has railed against the country’s political elite, who she argues do not represent the working class.

Huhtasaari has also demanded more immigration controls and has campaigned in favour of a burka ban – a far cry from Finland’s traditionally subdued politics.

snip

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/910377/Finland-president-election-Laura-Huhtasaari-brexit-finns-party-eu-immigration
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
She's right!
Saw "Darkest Hour," the film about a few weeks when Churchill came to power in 1940, as Hitler rolled across Europe.

The political elites, wanted to surrender, but Churchill and the common man, wanted to fight.

Great film, about a real world story. I rarely want to watch movies over, but this one is the exception.

Do not miss it.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline endicom

"She claims the EU has turned “Finland into its province”..."

It's always about control.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
The candidate:

I hope she wins!

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."