Author Topic: Ted Cruz On Trump’s Amnesty Compromise: FORGET IT!  (Read 18614 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Ted Cruz On Trump’s Amnesty Compromise: FORGET IT!
« Reply #275 on: January 30, 2018, 02:32:19 pm »
Cyber is pro-Cruz.  I don't think it was a slam.

It wasn't, but my shitlist may have grown a bit for the day.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #276 on: January 30, 2018, 03:11:16 pm »
It wasn't "smug," and I'll thank you to not attribute thoughts to me that I do not have.  It was a simple, straightforward question you chose to belittle.  Thanks for answering.

I absolutely apologize. I obviously interpreted your question the wrong way. No, Cruz was not successful in passing the legislation.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #277 on: January 30, 2018, 03:42:03 pm »
I absolutely apologize. I obviously interpreted your question the wrong way. No, Cruz was not successful in passing the legislation.

Thanks.  No harm, no faul.  There was a lot of conflict on this thread with "that bunch," whom I am not one of... :beer:
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 03:42:20 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #278 on: January 30, 2018, 04:10:39 pm »
Too bad the last mention of Ted was on page 5 or 6... :rolling:

We tend to digress.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #279 on: January 30, 2018, 04:33:38 pm »
We tend to digress.

It's what makes the place fun!  Today it's just twiddle our fingers a bit while watching the Dem parade of hate, and enjoy their highly fragmented response.  I think there are something like five responses to Trump's one speech tonight.  Plus a special appearance on one of the late-nights by that Stormy person.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #280 on: January 30, 2018, 04:36:00 pm »
It's what makes the place fun!  Today it's just twiddle our fingers a bit while watching the Dem parade of hate, and enjoy their highly fragmented response.  I think there are something like five responses to Trump's one speech tonight.  Plus a special appearance on one of the late-nights by that Stormy person.

I'd almost forgotten about her.  Her 15 minutes went really fast.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #281 on: January 30, 2018, 04:53:42 pm »
Ted Cruz's stance on illegal immigration and amnesty:

Bar refugees from terrorist-ridden regions
Border security is national security. Cruz introduced two bills to protect Americans from an influx of refugees who could be a national security risk, including legislation barring refugees from terrorist-ridden regions and legislation to recognize governors' authority to protect the citizens in their states by rejecting to resettle refugees in their state.
Source: 2016 presidential campaign website TedCruz.org , Mar 15, 2016

Children deported with parents can come back, if citizens
Q: Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals--DACA--is a program that has protected young people, brought to the U.S. by undocumented immigrants.

CRUZ: Existing law provides that those who are deported cannot come back here legally. U.S. citizens can come back. That's existing law.
Source: 2016 CNN-Telemundo Republican debate on eve of Texas primary , Feb 25, 2016

I led the fight to defeat the Reid-Schumer amnesty bill

CRUZ: When Harry Reid and Chuck Schumer were leading the fight to pass a massive amnesty plan, I led the fight to defeat that plan. The question for anyone on illegal immigration is where were you in that fight?

CRUZ: I have promised to rescind every single illegal executive action, including that one.
Source: 2016 CBS Republican primary debate in South Carolina , Feb 13, 2016

FactCheck: Yes, Bill Clinton deported 12M illegal aliens
Ted Cruz, debating the possibility of deporting an estimated 11 million illegal immigrants, asked, "Do you know how many aliens Bill Clinton deported? 12 million. Do you know how many illegal aliens, George W. Bush deported? 10 million."

Is that true? We checked, and found that both of Cruz's figures are accurate. Looking at the Department of Homeland Security's "Yearbook of Immigration Statistics: 2013 Enforcement Actions", the figures in Table 39 are:
Administration
Deportations
8,300,000   Reagan (1981-1988)
4,100,000   Bush Sr. (1989-1992)
4,100,000   Clinton (1993-2000)
10,300,000   Bush Jr. (2001-2008)
3,200,000   Obama first term (2009-2012; on track for 6 million total)
Those figures include both "removals and returns." Cruz's point is that 11 million deportations have been accomplished before.
Source: OnTheIssues FactCheck on 2015 CNN/Salem Republican debate , Dec 15, 2015

Build a wall instead of massive amnesty plan

CRUZ: There was a time for choosing, as Reagan put it. There was a battle over amnesty and some chose, like Senator Rubio, to stand with Barack Obama and Chuck Schumer and support a massive amnesty plan. Others chose to stand with the American people and secure the border. And I tell you, if I'm elected president, we will secure the border. We will triple the border patrol. We will build a wall that works and I'll get Donald Trump to pay for it.
Source: 2015 CNN/Salem Republican two-tier debate , Dec 15, 2015

CRUZ : I have never supported legalization, and I do not intend to support legalization. Let me tell you how you do this, what you do is you enforce the law. I've laid out a very, very detailed immigration plan on my website. It's 11 pages of existing federal law and in particular the question of what to do with people who are here now? You enforce the law. We can enforce the laws and if we secure the border, that solves the problem.
Source: 2015 CNN/Salem Republican two-tier debate , Dec 15, 2015

Illegals are an economic calamity for low-wage Americans
For those who believe people 'ought to come to this country legally, we're tired of being told it's anti-immigrant. I am the son of an immigrant who came legally from Cuba. We can embrace legal immigration while believing in the rule of law. Try going illegally to another country. Try going to China, or Japan. Try going to Mexico. See what they do. Every sovereign nation secures its borders, and it is not compassionate to say we're not going to enforce the laws.
Source: Fox Business/WSJ Second Tier debate , Nov 10, 2015

Support Kate's Law: oppose our leaders who won't enforce
Q: About the murder of Kate Steinle, allegedly shot down by an illegal immigrant--will you support Kate Steinle's Law, which would impose a mandatory five-year prison term for an illegal who is deported and then returns to this country?

CRUZ: Absolutely yes. And not only will I support it I have authored Kate's law in the United States Senate and filed that legislation. I tried to get the Senate to vote to pass Kate's law on the floor of the Senate just one week ago, and the leader of our own party blocked a vote on Kate's law. You know, there was reference made [by Donald Trump] about our leaders being stupid. It's not a question of stupidity. It's that they don't want to enforce the immigration laws. That there are far too many in the Washington cartel that support amnesty. There's 7 billion people across the face of the globe, many of whom want to come to this country. If they come legally, great. But if they come illegally & get amnesty, that would fundamentally change this country.
Source: Fox News/Facebook Top Ten First Tier debate transcript , Aug 6, 2015

Path to citizenship is profoundly unfair to legal immigrants
The Texas senator is pretty unequivocal: "I think a path to citizenship for those who are here illegally is profoundly unfair to the millions of legal immigrants who followed the rules," Cruz told ABC in 2013.

Cruz has repeatedly referred to President Obama's executive order as "lawless amnesty," and in 2013, he filed an amendment that would deny a pathway to citizenship to undocumented immigrants. However, Cruz has shown some vague support for a "path to legal status," according to The New York Times. He has also proposed doubling the number of green cards given out each year.

Cruz has opposed the DREAM Act, which would "provide illegal immigrants who were brought to the United States as children a path to permanent residency if they attend college or serve in the military." In 2014, he unsuccessfully tried to reverse Obama's executive order to halt the deportation of young, undocumented immigrants.
Source: National Journal 2016 series: Republicans on immigration , Feb 23, 2015

End Obama's illegal amnesty via Congress' checks & balances
Q: How to respond to the split within your party on immigration? What you're saying is that the Republicans should vote to fund the governments for all departments except one: no funding for the Department of Homeland Security, which handles immigration, rescinding President Obama's executive action, and if he vetoes that, he's responsible for shutting down the department. The problem is that's almost exactly what you did with the government shutdown across the entire government in 2013 with ObamaCare, and it backfired badly on your party.

CRUZ: All across this country, Republicans campaigned, saying: if you elect a Republican Senate, we will stop President Obama's illegal amnesty. We need to honor what we said. We should use the constitutional checks and balances that we have to rein in the abuse of power of the executive. Step #1 is if the president implements this lawless amnesty, that the Senate will not confirm any executive or judicial nominees.
Source: Fox News Sunday 2014 interview of 2016 presidential hopefuls , Nov 23, 2014

Defund amnesty; and refuse any nominees until rescinded
Q: How would you rescind President Obama's executive action on immigration?

CRUZ: We should use the constitutional checks and balances that we have to rein in the abuse of power of the executive. Step #1 that I have called for is the incoming majority leader should announce if the president implements this lawless amnesty, that the Senate will not confirm any executive or judicial nominees, other than vital national security positions, for the next two years, unless and until the president ends this lawless amnesty. That is an explicit authority given to the Senate.

Q: Are you saying the Senate should refuse to confirm the president's new nominee for attorney general?

CRUZ: We have to rein in the executive. In the Federalist Papers, our Framers talked about a president who would behave like a monarch. And step #2, we've got is the power of the purse, and we should fund one at a time the critical priorities of the federal government, but also use the power of the purse to attach riders.
Source: Fox News Sunday 2014 interview of 2016 presidential hopefuls , Nov 23, 2014

No path to citizenship for 1.65 million illegals in Texas
When discussing what to do about the 1.65 million illegal immigrants living in Texas, Cruz weaved into the Second Amendment, alleging his opponent didn't support gun rights. "What does this have to do with the question?" Sadler asked before fiercely denying his opponent's allegation. Cruz again said he didn't support a path to citizenship for illegal immigrants living in America, while Sadler said the opposite, as expected.
Source: WFAA-TV Dallas-Fort Worth on 2012 Texas Senate debate , Oct 2, 2012

Give police more power to ask about immigration status
Cruz accused Dewhurst of using his position as head of the Texas Senate to kill a bill last year that would have given police more power to ask anyone they detain about their citizenship status--a charge Dewhurst denied.

Both agreed that the US has failed to secure its border with Mexico, and said they oppose amnesty for illegal immigrants and the Obama administration's new directive allowing many young illegal immigrants brought to the US as children to be exempted from deportation.
Source: San Francisco Chronicle on 2012 Texas Senate debates , Jun 22, 2012

Boots on the ground, plus a wall
Border wall: James and Leppert oppose a wall, Dewhurst and Cruz tout "boots on the ground" and a wall in some places.
Source: BurntOrangeReport.com on 2012 Texas Senate Debate , Apr 18, 2012

Triple the size of the Border Patrol
Cruz on immigration: Wants to triple size of Border Patrol. Says Dewhurst supported in-state tuition for kids of illegal immigrants.

Dewhurst: I have always been against an amnesty program. "If they want to be a citizen, they ought to go home and reapply."

Dewhurst says he was against tuition for children of illegal immigrants.
Source: KVUE coverage of 2012 Texas Senate debate , Mar 29, 2012

Strengthen border security and increase enforcement
Ted Cruz has worked to strengthen border security and help ensure that America remains a nation of laws. Among other efforts, he has worked on efforts to increase penalties for felons who enter the country illegally.

Ted authored a U.S. Supreme Court amicus brief on behalf of 10 states in Lopez v. Gonzales, urging the strictest enforcement of laws punishing those with prior felony convictions who entered the country illegally.
Source: Campaign website, www.tedcruz.org, "Issues" , Jul 17, 2011

http://www.ontheissues.org/International/Ted_Cruz_Immigration.htm

Thank you a million times for the time and research you did for this post.  It certainly states Ted's position clearly and well.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #282 on: January 30, 2018, 04:57:54 pm »
Regarding @libertybele's extensive research on Ted Cruz, I want to say that it is not as easy to find info on the Net as it should be.

I read yesterday that there was a big influx of border crossings.  Maybe they're trying to get in under the wire (or under the wall)

Anyway, I wanted to know where the majority of border crossings from Mexico occurred.  So, I searched for about an hour and gave up.

Anybody know?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #283 on: January 30, 2018, 04:59:53 pm »
Regarding @libertybele's extensive research on Ted Cruz, I want to say that it is not as easy to find info on the Net as it should be.

I read yesterday that there was a big influx of border crossings.  Maybe they're trying to get in under the wire (or under the wall)

Anyway, I wanted to know where the majority of border crossings from Mexico occurred.  So, I searched for about an hour and gave up.

Anybody know?

I read an article a little while back that said it used to be CA, but is now through Texas. 

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #284 on: January 30, 2018, 05:09:29 pm »
I read an article a little while back that said it used to be CA, but is now through Texas.

That's probably true.  Why should they want to live in that s-hole, California.

Just kidding, but Texas has a long border with Mexico and I was wondering if anyone knew what the main entry point is.

Offline corbe

« Reply #285 on: January 30, 2018, 05:17:26 pm »
    @Emjay
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #286 on: January 30, 2018, 05:23:57 pm »
    @Emjay

Looks like the Hidalgo/McAllen area across from Tamilupas is the main route now.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #287 on: January 30, 2018, 05:24:27 pm »
    @Emjay

@corbe   Good map, corbe.  Thanks.  A little awe inspiring.  We're gonna need a bigger wall.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #288 on: January 30, 2018, 05:43:52 pm »
So it's really disheartening when the Trumpsters in here chastise him and yet give a free pass to Trump who has made a statement he wants to grant DACA recipients a pathway to citizenship!  Yeppers criticize the true conservative who's actually been fighting against amnesty, illegal immigration and open borders for years and praise the 'grand bargainer' for proposing amnesty!  Got it!

You have to understand, Trump is The Anointed, the savior of the country and all he does and says is holy writ, even if seemingly contradictory because we mere mortals cannot fathom his genius.  Only Trump will save us and only Trump can do what is right of the country.  He just requires your faith and 100% support or he cannot accomplish his promises.

Cruz on the other hand, well he's not even an American, so you might as well be quoting a leader of ISIS.    Any information you bring up about Cruz' position on Amnesty and Illegals is to be discarded outright and dismissed.

/sarc.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #289 on: January 30, 2018, 05:48:39 pm »
You have to understand, Trump is The Anointed, the savior of the country and all he does and says is holy writ, even if seemingly contradictory because we mere mortals cannot fathom his genius.  Only Trump will save us and only Trump can do what is right of the country.  He just requires your faith and 100% support or he cannot accomplish his promises.

I laughed out loud reading that, INVAR, coming from a religious zealot like yourself.   Are you being sarcastic in questioning such blind, irrational faith?   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #290 on: January 30, 2018, 05:52:39 pm »
 *****rollingeyes*****
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #291 on: January 30, 2018, 05:55:31 pm »
    @Emjay

I'd be interested in seeing the AZ map.  Gotta be slow in the Summer with 110F degrees every day.
I will NOT comply.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #292 on: January 30, 2018, 05:58:00 pm »
I laughed out loud reading that, INVAR, coming from a religious zealot like yourself.   Are you being sarcastic in questioning such blind, irrational faith?

That's the difference between us Jazzy - you have faith in men, politicians, their institutions and your own imagination - I put no faith in those things.  Rather I have faith in Him who exists outside of this creation and His Principles and Laws.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline libertybele

« Reply #293 on: January 30, 2018, 06:04:26 pm »
I find this information interesting ... according to this chart FL and TX seem to have a far greater problem then AZ.    I think these figures are very conservative and I think we need to keep in mind, that migrants to this country are considered refugees and I don't believe are included in these figures.  During Bammy's administration alone, he issued over 1,000,000 green cards to Muslim migrants -- so we know we're dealing with DACA right now, but how long are the Muslims with green cards allowed to stay?

« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 06:29:22 pm by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #294 on: January 30, 2018, 06:19:48 pm »
That's the difference between us Jazzy - you have faith in men, politicians, their institutions and your own imagination - I put no faith in those things.  Rather I have faith in Him who exists outside of this creation and His Principles and Laws.

Yes, but your faith is just as blind and irrational.   I, too, believe in Christ - but for very different reasons than you do.   I refuse to cling to stray passages in the Bible to justify hate and prejudice.   Christ is WORTHY of being followed because of the moral philosophy He espouses,  and the RELEVANCE of that philosophy to living a more peaceful, charitable, community-centered life.   For example, Christ PERSUADES me to defend and respect the very same folks that you believe God commands you to condemn as perverts and abominations. 

I don't love Christ because of faith, or the selfish hope of salvation.    I love Him on the merits, and whether or not I am destined to be worm food is irrelevant.       
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #295 on: January 30, 2018, 06:25:33 pm »
I find this information interesting ... according to this chart FL and TX seem to have a far greater problem then AZ. 

I wonder how may of those are OTM?  I'm sure the NYC/NJ and Miami numbers would be a lot lower if those were subtracted.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #296 on: January 30, 2018, 06:28:58 pm »

So ... do you think God sent Trump for this time in history?

Or do you think that God, after having created us, took a hands off policy?

Do you think there's any point in praying for a desired outcome in one's own life or in the life of the country?

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #297 on: January 30, 2018, 06:29:17 pm »
Yes, but your faith is just as blind and irrational.

Yeah, you go think that.  Says more about how you view those who regard the Bible as God's Word than it does about us.

I don't love Christ because of faith, or the selfish hope of salvation.         

I think that quote right there says everything an actual Christian Believer needs to know about you.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #298 on: January 30, 2018, 06:32:21 pm »
I wonder how may of those are OTM?  I'm sure the NYC/NJ and Miami numbers would be a lot lower if those were subtracted.

OTM?  I'm not familiar with that abbreviation.

Offline corbe

« Reply #299 on: January 30, 2018, 06:34:43 pm »
OTM is either Other Than Mexican or Orange Tainted Members
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.