Author Topic: Ted Cruz On Trump’s Amnesty Compromise: FORGET IT!  (Read 18665 times)

Offline bilo

Re: Ted Cruz On Trump’s Amnesty Compromise: FORGET IT!
« Reply #100 on: January 27, 2018, 02:21:59 am »
This.

I wish Cruz had waited to voice his opinion on this.

I agree. In his defense he's running for re-election and sure doesn't want to be seen as someone who says one thing during the campaign and does another after he's elected.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline corbe

« Reply #101 on: January 27, 2018, 02:22:58 am »
    Thanks for sharing that @libertybele
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #102 on: January 27, 2018, 02:46:02 am »
All we have to do is look at CA. The state has gone from being prosperous to having the highest poverty rate in the nation. It has been transformed into a hard left largely one party state. We often confuse the generally socially conservative views of latinos with being conservative. They may be socially conservative, but they vote big govt solutions to any perceived problem. Unfortunately for conservatives demographics are not in our favor.

California has literally become a s-hole.  I mean there's a map showing it.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #103 on: January 27, 2018, 02:49:37 am »
NO AMNESTY - NO COMPROMISE!  Something to consider (it's lengthy but worth the read):

That is scary.  Can I get my chip at the vet where Smitty got his?

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #104 on: January 27, 2018, 02:50:51 am »
    Thanks for sharing that @libertybele

@corbe  sometimes it takes a day or two for me to agree with you on something.  Found that out today.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #105 on: January 27, 2018, 04:24:36 am »
I find this thread a GOLD MINE of revelation, hilarity and proof the Trump Faithful are as principally core-less as their wind-driven leader.

First, Our Resident Leftist who thinks his bullshit masquerade as a Conservative has you all fooled, once again proves his charade with his statement that Amnesty for illegals is "morally appropriate".  I do not think I have ever read ONE thing that guy has ever posted here that was not a championed agenda item complete with talking points from the unhinged Left.

Then we had the Passive/Aggressive Trumpian Queen of Snark & Bitch demonstrate projection on a massive level after levying "suggestions" to other posters about what they should be doing instead of voicing concerns about amnesty and Trump.  I laughed quite literally out loud when she states that she 'cannot be controlled' by another whom had defended her in times past but was quite beside themselves over the Queen's retort of what they should do with their time.  PRICELESS! 

And of course - reading the most vocal and stalwart of Trump's cheerleaders here confess that pragmatism once again trumps any kind of principles with their admission that they are perfectly good and fine with amnesty, or: How They Learned To Stop Worrying And Love Amnesty For Illegals.  I do love the quip about hoping to live long enough after the unstoppable Amnesty of 1.8 million (or is it really 18 million?) will result in an invigorated Uniparty.   Probably the most inadvertent salient point made on this thread.

I will enjoy more than anything in the next 3 years, reading, watching and witnessing these folks demonstrate for us, the new Olympic sport of Contortionist Backpedaling on Orange Unicycles.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline corbe

« Reply #106 on: January 27, 2018, 04:51:31 am »
WE both know @INVAR that whatever Trump does on Immigration they will LOVE IT!

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #107 on: January 27, 2018, 05:05:55 am »
Hard liner? Cruz is a liar

! No longer available
For the love of God, how can there be any of that poor horse left? If I just go by what happened in the primaries, Cruz was honest as can be in comparison to the biggest liar in the primaries.
Now the election has come and gone Trump won, Cruz has been steadfast in his support of Trump but chuckleheads like you just can't get past your hate, reading your posts is like a trip back to TOS. And it's the Trump supporters who claim others can't get over it, sheesh!

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #108 on: January 27, 2018, 05:19:05 am »
For the love of God, how can there be any of that poor horse left? If I just go by what happened in the primaries, Cruz was honest as can be in comparison to the biggest liar in the primaries.
Now the election has come and gone Trump won, Cruz has been steadfast in his support of Trump but chuckleheads like you just can't get past your hate, reading your posts is like a trip back to TOS. And it's the Trump supporters who claim others can't get over it, sheesh!

Amen, Brother.  The hard-core Trump supporters do Trump far more harm than good on this forum.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #109 on: January 27, 2018, 11:41:39 am »
I guess Trump supporters still haven't been told how they should feel about Ted Cruz now.  During the primaries, Cruz was the enemy.  Then he endorsed Trump and pledged to work with him, so Ted became ok.  By opposing any compromise that includes amnesty, I guess Ted will become the enemy again in the eyes of Trump supporters. 

Trump supporters -- I guess you should refrain from comment till your hero tells you what to think

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #110 on: January 27, 2018, 12:22:26 pm »
I guess Trump supporters still haven't been told how they should feel about Ted Cruz now.  During the primaries, Cruz was the enemy.  Then he endorsed Trump and pledged to work with him, so Ted became ok.  By opposing any compromise that includes amnesty, I guess Ted will become the enemy again in the eyes of Trump supporters. 

Trump supporters -- I guess you should refrain from comment till your hero tells you what to think

Considering the mercurial nature of Mr. Trump, i.e. mercurial referring to the rapidity of his changing stances on a variety of issues, traffic on TBR would likely come to a screeching halt if Orange Brigadiers had to wait for Trump to tell them what to think.

Trump admittedly thrives on chaos, particularly when he's the one causing it. Trump supporters love it, calling it "six dimensional chess."
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #111 on: January 27, 2018, 12:29:42 pm »
Considering the mercurial nature of Mr. Trump, i.e. mercurial referring to the rapidity of his changing stances on a variety of issues, traffic on TBR would likely come to a screeching halt if Orange Brigadiers had to wait for Trump to tell them what to think.

Trump admittedly thrives on chaos, particularly when he's the one causing it. Trump supporters love it, calling it "six dimensional chess."

@Night Hides Not

And you love insulting a group of people that you dont know and have no idea what their motivations are because you can offer nothing positive.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #112 on: January 27, 2018, 12:31:02 pm »
@Night Hides Not

And you love insulting a group of people that you dont know and have no idea what their motivations are because you can offer nothing positive.

Hey bro, leave me alone so I can fondle my rosary, as alluded to by one of your fellow Brigadiers.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 12:31:38 pm by Night Hides Not »
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #113 on: January 27, 2018, 12:35:15 pm »
I came back to this thread hoping their had been some real discussion.  I came to page 5 first to SEE if there has been real discussion.  I read @INVAR first which settled the question about whether there had been real discussion and provided a summary.

If Trump fails on immigration there are many who voted for him who will not forgive him.  If he succeeds on immigration I might vote for him next time.  We've tried amnesty more than once and it doesn't work.  I can support green cards for DACA (not Dreamers) so long as they are good citizens, but their path to citizenship should be no different than that of any other.  To quote Trump "the Wall!!!!".  Without effective enforcement, nothing else matters.  Money for enforcement, in all forms, before any movement on DACA. 

Trump can walk back to his original position.  After a year in office, no one will be surprised, but many will be supportive.

"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #114 on: January 27, 2018, 12:40:31 pm »
Hey bro, leave me alone so I can fondle my rosary, as alluded to by one of your fellow Brigadiers.

It's not your rosary you're fondling

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #115 on: January 27, 2018, 12:42:37 pm »
I came back to this thread hoping their had been some real discussion.  I came to page 5 first to SEE if there has been real discussion.  I read @INVAR first which settled the question about whether there had been real discussion and provided a summary.

If Trump fails on immigration there are many who voted for him who will not forgive him.  If he succeeds on immigration I might vote for him next time.  We've tried amnesty more than once and it doesn't work.  I can support green cards for DACA (not Dreamers) so long as they are good citizens, but their path to citizenship should be no different than that of any other.  To quote Trump "the Wall!!!!".  Without effective enforcement, nothing else matters.  Money for enforcement, in all forms, before any movement on DACA. 

Trump can walk back to his original position.  After a year in office, no one will be surprised, but many will be supportive.

@ConstitutionRose

I'm hoping it's simply his way of throwing the left off balance.   You know they expected something else.  Probably had the hit pieces already lined up.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #116 on: January 27, 2018, 01:09:48 pm »
This may have been scripted, the two cooperated before.

Even if Cruz was president, to pass effective legislation, apparently, votes are needed in the Senate. So, when do we get immigration reform?  It's gridlock.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #117 on: January 27, 2018, 01:16:34 pm »
It's not your rosary you're fondling

Just what I would have expected from an Orange Brigadier...straight out of the gutter.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #118 on: January 27, 2018, 01:21:36 pm »
This may have been scripted, the two cooperated before.

Even if Cruz was president, to pass effective legislation, apparently, votes are needed in the Senate. So, when do we get immigration reform?  It's gridlock.

Whatever these clowns come up with, it will represent yet another lie and broken promise made to the voters.  If you can't or won't keep your promises, don't make them.  But these guys will promise anything as long as it gets them elected.  And come 2018 and 2020, foolish voters will fall for the lies and empty promises again.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #119 on: January 27, 2018, 01:38:45 pm »
Just what I would have expected from an Orange Brigadier...straight out of the gutter.

@Night Hides Not

I wanted to give you the environment you're accustomed too

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #120 on: January 27, 2018, 01:50:14 pm »
Whatever these clowns come up with, it will represent yet another lie and broken promise made to the voters.  If you can't or won't keep your promises, don't make them.  But these guys will promise anything as long as it gets them elected.  And come 2018 and 2020, foolish voters will fall for the lies and empty promises again.

Promises? Hardly, they are merely "discussion points" to open negotiations.

Online libertybele

« Reply #121 on: January 27, 2018, 02:38:37 pm »
@ConstitutionRose

I'm hoping it's simply his way of throwing the left off balance.   You know they expected something else.  Probably had the hit pieces already lined up.

The reality of the matter is that Trump has already announced the he is willing to grant amnesty to an estimated 1.8 million DACA recipients and has been quoted on that by just about every news source.  It doesn't matter what he's hoping to get along with that; he's agreed to amnesty.  It doesn't get much clearer than that.  Two things; in doing so, he's put a noose around every GOP's neck who won't go along with amnesty and he's set a precedent for every illegal here.  Most significantly, he's backpedaled and he's LIED!  There's no other way to look at this.  He lied.  He specifically stated "no amnesty". 

He could bring about the largest tax reform in history and jump start the economy but at the end of the day he's handed the left millions of voters.  Voters for the most part that don't want to assimilate and with no way to end the succession of people flowing into this country.  He will have succeeded in giving away our sovereignty and IMHO, this may have been all by design long ago before he even announced his run for the presidency. After all Clinton proclaimed that her dream was to see “open trade and open borders” throughout the Western Hemisphere.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #122 on: January 27, 2018, 02:58:24 pm »
@ConstitutionRose

By offering a horrible and loosing proposition?  Okay then...

Offline Applewood

« Reply #123 on: January 27, 2018, 03:16:01 pm »
Promises? Hardly, they are merely "discussion points" to open negotiations.

Sorta like the border wall was just meant to be symbolic.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #124 on: January 27, 2018, 03:18:24 pm »
By offering a horrible and loosing proposition?  Okay then...

Fear not:

The White House has canceled their planned meeting with lawmakers to roll out their immigration “framework” that gives U.S. citizenship to at least 1.8 million illegal aliens, as Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer demands more concessions from the administration. A statement from pro-open borders Sen. Dick Durbin’s (D-IL) office revealed that White House advisers — including Gen. John Kelly, former Koch brothers executive Marc Short, Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Kirstjen Nielsen, and senior adviser Stephen Miller — have canceled their Monday rollout of the amnesty package.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/01/26/wh-cancels-scheduled-rollout-of-citizenship-for-illegal-aliens-plan/