Author Topic: Grand Jury Convened in Somali Cop Killing of Justine Damond  (Read 489 times)

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Grand Jury Convened in Somali Cop Killing of Justine Damond
« on: January 25, 2018, 10:01:02 pm »

January 25, 2018 05:31 AM

Hennepin County Attorney Mike Freeman has convened a grand jury to compel testimony and gather evidence in the July 2017 officer involved shooting death of Justine Damond.

The incident happened in an alley behind the home she shared with her fiance, Don Damond, in South Minneapolis.

Justine Ruszczyk Damond, a 40-year-old life coach, was killed by Minneapolis Officer Mohamed Noor just minutes after she called police to report a possible sexual assault.

The attorney for Matthew Harrity, Noor's partner on the night of the shooting, confirmed he was served a subpoena Wednesday.

Lt. Bob Kroll, a spokesman for the Minneapolis Police Federation, said nearly 40 subpoenas were issued. He said all of the officers in the union will cooperate.

Notices advising some residents in Hennepin County of their grand jury service told them to set aside five days over two months in January and February. The panel would meet at the Hennepin County Government Center. All proceedings would take place behind closed doors.

http://kstp.com/news/grand-jury-convened-fatal-shooting-justine-damond-by-minneapolis-police-officer-mohamed-noor-hennepin-county-attorney-mike-freeman/4757158/
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Re: Grand Jury Convened in Somali Cop Killing of Justine Damond
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2018, 10:05:35 pm »
Poor lady, just amazing how they let this guy carry a badge.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2018, 09:55:59 pm »
Looks like they (Mayor, Police Chief and the DA) are using the Grand Jury for cover.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2018, 10:03:34 pm »
Poor lady, just amazing how they let this guy carry a badge.

Just another example of how progressive good intentions can end up getting people killed.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2018, 10:12:54 pm »
Grand Jury Convened in Somali Cop Killing of Justine Damond

I had a Grand Jury years ago. It was a piece of shit. It never started in the rain and then the Lean Burn malfunctioned and caught fire.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 10:13:15 pm by Frank Cannon »