Author Topic: Ted Cruz: 'We need to finish the job' on Obamacare in 2018  (Read 1912 times)

Online corbe

Ted Cruz: 'We need to finish the job' on Obamacare in 2018
« on: January 24, 2018, 07:00:12 pm »

Ted Cruz: 'We need to finish the job' on Obamacare in 2018

by Philip Klein | Jan 24, 2018, 12:35 PM 

Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, on Wednesday said Republicans needed to “finish the job” on repealing and replacing Obamacare in 2018, and he is pushing his colleagues to use one last reconciliation bill before the midterms to deliver on their long-running promise.

In a meeting with the Washington Examiner in his Senate offices, Cruz said he has had long conversations with the Republican senators who blocked legislation last time around, and still thinks they can get something across the finish line. He also said there has been talk of asking the Congressional Budget Office to rescore repeal legislation now that the individual mandate is off the books, which is expected to drive down the CBO’s estimate of the number of individuals who would be uninsured under Republican legislation.

“The biggest unfinished task is Obamacare,” Cruz said, reflecting on what Congress did in 2017 and his priorities for 2018. “We need to finish the job. I still believe it is possible to bring Republicans together. I think we got very close last time and that’s something I’m continuing to devote a lot of time trying to unite our fractious conference and build consensus to get at least 50 Republicans on the same page.”

<..snip..>

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/ted-cruz-we-need-to-finish-the-job-on-obamacare-in-2018/article/2646932

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: Ted Cruz: 'We need to finish the job' on Obamacare in 2018
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 07:13:47 pm »
I hope Cruz is successful in convincing the Senators who voted against repeal last time to change their stance.

But, well, he's dealing with some idiots.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2018, 07:23:59 pm »
Any member of Congress that aspires to be President, ought to take the "lead," and spearhead the repeal and replacement of Obamacare.  (I only stated repeal AND replace since the article did)

That would give folks something tangible to go by about political results capability, versus mere speechifying capability.

I mean that constructively. I would like to have potential candidates, "show us their stuff." That is more visible for governors. So Senators are more difficult to judge.

(Sessions may be a good illustration. A guy that could make good political speeches, but seems thus far to be not up to the AG job)
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2018, 01:58:39 am »
"Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, on Wednesday said Republicans needed to “finish the job” on repealing and replacing Obamacare in 2018, and he is pushing his colleagues to use one last reconciliation bill before the midterms to deliver on their long-running promise."

Strong point being made by Senator Cruz.

IF -- and it's a mighty big "if" -- the Pubbies can get things together, and this time push through an obamacare bill (it doesn't have to be "full" repeal, but must be substantial in dismantling many of the principles set forth by obamacare) -- they have a chance to swing the 2018 elections their way, by retaining the "white electoral edge" that lifted Mr. Trump (and the rest of the Republicans) to victory in 2016.

The triumphant tax reform bill of 2017 proved that such victories are possible.

I hope Trump "keeps the pressure up" on Congress to get something done...

Online corbe

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2018, 02:18:53 am »
   It's sad really that this is Ted trying to stay relevant in Trump's bombastic shadow in spite of him appearing to be 'All Aboard', legislatively, All  power to him.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2018, 03:05:57 am »
Any statement from Cruz on DACA and immigration reform?

Online corbe

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2018, 03:09:38 am »
    Yes, @Right_in_Virginia just last week Cruz tweeted 'Trump stole all my immigration ideas and fucd them up', did you miss that?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2018, 03:10:44 am »
    Yes, @Right_in_Virginia just last week Cruz tweeted 'Trump stole all my immigration ideas and fucd them up', did you miss that?

I did @corbe   Thanks for sharing....it sure sounds like Ted.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2018, 03:13:36 am »

Woot!

Online corbe

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2018, 03:19:40 am »
   Cruz was only beholden to Goldman Sachs, Trump is beholden to them PLUS the Chamber of Commerce.

Offline bilo

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2018, 03:46:19 am »
"Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, on Wednesday said Republicans needed to “finish the job” on repealing and replacing Obamacare in 2018, and he is pushing his colleagues to use one last reconciliation bill before the midterms to deliver on their long-running promise."

Strong point being made by Senator Cruz.

IF -- and it's a mighty big "if" -- the Pubbies can get things together, and this time push through an obamacare bill (it doesn't have to be "full" repeal, but must be substantial in dismantling many of the principles set forth by obamacare) -- they have a chance to swing the 2018 elections their way, by retaining the "white electoral edge" that lifted Mr. Trump (and the rest of the Republicans) to victory in 2016.

The triumphant tax reform bill of 2017 proved that such victories are possible.

I hope Trump "keeps the pressure up" on Congress to get something done...

It sure is the biggest issue to me. Passing tax reform and winning a govt shut down isn't enough for me to support Pubs. Obamacare is still on the books and can be raised from the dead by the next radical leftist POTUS.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2018, 04:28:43 am »
   Cruz was only beholden to Goldman Sachs, Trump is beholden to them PLUS the Chamber of Commerce.

I think it is time to push the little button on your bed to alert the nurse that you need you meds. You seem to be down a quart or two.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2018, 05:06:40 am »

Are you trying to start trouble, @corbe?

That may be a good idea, actually, because most of your friends love trouble.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2018, 02:18:32 pm »

You left out his being PHARMA's be-yotch.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2018, 02:31:01 pm »
I think what we needed was a Doctor in the White House to straighten this mess out, conservatism was robbed of a Doctor to do that.

Following his graduation from medical school he became a neurosurgery resident at the renowned Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore in 1977. From early on he display great eye-hand coordination and proved himself to be a very good surgeon.
He was invited to join the Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital in Perth, Australia, in 1983, as Australia at that time did not have enough neurosurgeons with expertise in the field. Though initially reluctant to move so far away from home, Carson accepted the opportunity.
He returned to Johns Hopkins in 1984 and was appointed the director of pediatric neurosurgery at the Johns Hopkins Hospital in 1985 when he was just 33; he also served as a co-director of the Johns Hopkins Craniofacial Center.
He created history in 1987 when he led a team of doctors in a complicated surgery to separate two 7-month-old craniopagus twins. He was consulted for this case from Germany—such was his reputation! He lived up to his image as his team successfully separated the boys.
He was invited to South Africa in 1994 to separate another pair of conjoined twins, the Makwaeba twins. However the surgery was not successful in spite of the surgeons’ best efforts and both the babies died.
A few years later he went to Zambia with his team in 1997 to operate on the Banda twins, Luka and Joseph who were joined at the tops of their heads. The surgery took a grueling 28 hours, but both the boys survived without suffering any brain damage.
He was faced with a huge challenge in 2003—to separate adult conjoined twins, Ladan and Laleh Bijani who were 29 year old Iranian women. Carson along with a team of 100 others performed the complicated surgery which proved to be more difficult than they had imagined. Unfortunately, both the ladies died shortly after operation.
In addition to his career as a neurosurgeon, he has also authored several books including ‘Gifted Hands’ (1996), ‘Think Big’ (2000), ‘The Big Picture’ (2006), ‘Take the Risk’ (2009).

https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/ben-carson-5393.php

Offline MajorClay

« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2018, 02:45:21 pm »
Nothing will get done in the Senate.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2018, 02:48:56 pm »
You left out his being PHARMA's be-yotch.

Cruz or Trump?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2018, 02:54:36 pm »
I think what we needed was a Doctor in the White House to straighten this mess out, conservatism was robbed of a Doctor to do that.

Conservatism wasn't robbed of Shit with "Maybe it's time we Did cave to the Democrats on the 2nd Amendment" Carson.

Screw him. Another backstabbing 3 dollar bill.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2018, 02:55:08 pm »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2018, 03:13:09 pm »
Both of them.

You think Cruz is beholden to big pharma?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2018, 03:24:05 pm »
You think Cruz is beholden to big pharma?

Cruz and Mike Lee. Both pulled an end run before Trump got the nomination.

Offered legislation (didn't go anywhere, I Hope), putting Congress in charge of New Drug Approvals over the FDA, if Euro regulators have already approved it and FDA still wouldn't, Congress got the call. 1 month deadline.

Can you imagine the CBC, and others, deciding whether or not some drug is Safe to feed your family?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2018, 03:26:10 pm »
Cruz and Mike Lee. Both pulled an end run before Trump got the nomination.

Offered legislation (didn't go anywhere, I Hope), putting Congress in charge of New Drug Approvals over the FDA, if Euro regulators have already approved it and FDA still wouldn't, Congress got the call. 1 month deadline.

Can you imagine the CBC, and others, deciding whether or not some drug is Safe to feed your family?

Wasn't that part of the effort to speed the approval of new drugs, since the FDA can take an unreasonably long time to do so?

• Wulf Anson Author

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2018, 03:31:07 pm »
Wasn't that part of the effort to speed the approval of new drugs, since the FDA can take an unreasonably long time to do so?

It always Is. That's how PhARMA gets way with it.

FDA itself is little more than PhARMA's marketing dept.

PhARMA pays over $2 Billion a year in Direct, user fees to FDA.

That's a Third of FDA's budget.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2018, 03:32:38 pm »
It always Is. That's how PhARMA gets way with it.

FDA itself is little more than PhARMA's marketing dept.

PhARMA pays over $2 Billion a year in Direct, user fees to FDA.

That's a Third of FDA's budget.

I'm sort of a fan of modern medicine, so I don't see it quite the same way.  And, doesn't this rule allow FDA to be circumvented?  Sounds like a win-win.