Author Topic: Shooting at Marshall County High School  (Read 474 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Shooting at Marshall County High School
« on: January 23, 2018, 03:15:02 pm »
MARSHALL COUNTY, KY — People at the scene have confirmed a shooting at Marshall County High School.

There is a heavy police presence and ambulances on the scene.

Kentucky Governor Matt Bevin says on Twitter that one person has been confirmed dead and multiple others have been wounded. Kentucky State Police have also confirmed that information.

Governor Matt Bevin
✔
@GovMattBevin

Tragic shooting at Marshall County HS...Shooter is in custody, one confirmed fatality, multiple others wounded...Much yet unknown...Please do not speculate or spread hearsay...Let’s let the first responders do their job and be grateful that they are there to do it for us...
9:43 AM - Jan 23, 2018

Students are being bused to North Marshall Middle School where parents can pick their kids up. Parents are asked to not call the school.

http://www.wpsdlocal6.com/2018/01/23/shooting-marshall-county-high-school/
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Re: Shooting at Marshall County High School
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 03:16:09 pm »
Just like yesterday in Italy TX.  They run in threes.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 03:18:14 pm »
Just like yesterday in Italy TX.  They run in threes.

I missed that one.  I actually called a HS playoff game against Italy (pronounced It-lee).  Talented team but they played dirty.

Keeping my fingers crossed there are no mare fatalities from either shooting.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 03:23:12 pm »
Shooting reported at Marshall Co. High School (Kentucky)
« on: Today at 10:14:03 AM »

I posted mine first, why did mine get deleted?

Shooting reported at Marshall Co. High School

By WKYT Newsroom |
    Posted: Tue 8:53 AM, Jan 23, 2018  |
    Updated: Tue 9:07 AM, Jan 23, 2018

BENTON, Ky. (WKYT/AP) - Police are on the scene of a shooting at a high school in Marshall County.

It happened Tuesday morning at Marshall County High School in Benton, near the Land Between the Lakes.

Kentucky State Police say that one person has been killed, and multiple others are injured.

In a tweet from a verified account, Governor Bevin says the shooter is in custody.

Read more at: http://www.wkyt.com/content/news/Shooting-reported-at-Marshall-Co-High-School-470702263.html

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 07:42:31 pm »
From http://www.wpsdlocal6.com/2018/01/23/shooting-marshall-county-high-school/

UPDATE: We now know two teenagers have died from the shooting at Marshall County High School in Benton, Kentucky.

Kentucky Governor Matt Bevin spoke at a news conference and said 19 people total are or have been treated for wounds from the shooting. Of that, 14 had gun shot wounds and 5 others were hurt, but not shot.

Bevin said of the 14 shot, a 15-year-old girl and 15-year-old boy have died from their wounds. He added the suspected shooter was a 15-year-old student.

Bevin said while troopers are investigating, they believe everyone shot was a student.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2018, 08:22:22 pm »
What I know from the press conference, and from locals:

15 YO student was the shooter, used a handgun NOT a rifle.  We do not know caliber used.  Students who witnessed the event said on social media that it may have been large caliber given their descriptions of the shooting. 

Kentucky State Police Lieutenant Michael Webb confirmed that a 15-year-old male student has been arrested, and police say he will be charged with murder and attempted murder. He is the only suspect in the attack.

Agents with the FBI and ATF are assisting KSP with the investigation.

Names of the victims and suspect are not being released at this time.

Bevin said he is grateful to first responders, and asked that everyone respect the families of the victims during this difficult time.

Rumor is that the student was a possible band member.  Report given at the Presser are that the shooter walked into the commons area of the High School right before the morning bell and opened fire.  19 students injured - 14 with gunshot wounds, two fatalities: a 15 YO girl who was dead at the scene and a 15 YO boy who died at the hospital.  The shooter was taken into custody without incident by a local county Sheriff's deputy arrived on scene.  Speculation is that the shooter may have run out of ammo and went willingly into custody.  No motive was reported but speculation is rampant from locals texting about the event that it might be a case of bullying including bullying on social media, but it is speculation only from kids texting about it that go to school there. 

Suspect in custody will be charged with murder and attempted murder.  Given the recent 20 year anniversary of the Heath High School shooting in nearby Paducah - this is opening an old wound for the community.  The governor was very clear and precise to the media about giving the community it's space to cope and grieve.  He told them point-blank there would be no questions taken, and that the info they were releasing was the ONLY info that was going to be released at this time due to a number of factors including the fact it was an open crime scene where information was still being gathered for the case.

Whatever the reasons 'why' this kid decided to go shoot up his school - I do think this is just another indictment of our culture's decline.  It's another testament that societally, children are being raised without a foundation of morality, often by grandparents whose own children have issues; kids are immersed and plugged into in a violent entertainment culture; and possibly most pressing is that kids today cannot cope with any adversity, difficulties or lack of adulation and praise and/or cannot handle being told 'NO' or deal with any negativity (thus the term snowflake). 

As our culture devolves, demons roam free in a nation that is morally adrift in a sea of relativism and backwardness.  Consequences of a society no longer rooted in what we once were foundationally obedient to.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 08:25:15 pm by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775