Author Topic: Romney uses MLK Day tweet to take a swing at Trump  (Read 897 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Romney uses MLK Day tweet to take a swing at Trump
« on: January 15, 2018, 04:02:39 pm »
Romney uses MLK Day tweet to take a swing at Trump
Conservative Review, Jan 15, 2018, Chris Pandolfo

Mitt Romney, who is privately telling his friends he’ll run for the U.S. Senate seat held by outgoing Sen. Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, took a shot at President Trump’s controversial alleged “shithole” comment in a tweet commemorating Martin Luther King Jr. Day.

Mitt Romney‏Verified account
@MittRomney 

The poverty of an aspiring immigrant’s nation of origin is as irrelevant as their race. The sentiment attributed to POTUS is inconsistent w/ America’s history and antithetical to American values. May our memory of Dr. King buoy our hope for unity, greatness, & “charity for all.”

6:47 AM - 15 Jan 2018

https://twitter.com/MittRomney/status/952915061697384449

More:  https://www.conservativereview.com/articles/romney-uses-mlk-day-tweet-take-swing-trump/

« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 04:07:13 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Re: Romney uses MLK Day tweet to take a swing at Trump
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 04:05:13 pm »
Sure, Romney's taking an oh-so-subtle swing at the President.

But that doesn't bother me.  What bothers me are the swings he's taking at me.  He's telling me I don't have a right to live in a nation with merit based immigration because we are the nation of "charity for all".

Just when the hell did we lose this nation?

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 04:07:09 pm »
Sure, it's possible to get some great citizens from some...uh......not great countries.  However, the chances are far more likely you'll good citizens from good countries.
Would I turn down a great prospect from say, Haiti? No.  But close to 50% of legal Haitian immigrants are on almost full welfare. Other countries it's not quite so bad.
So let's be realistic...and quit the virtue-signaling, Mitt.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2018, 04:14:06 pm »
Go away Mitt, and take your magic underwear with you.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2018, 04:15:02 pm »
Sure, it's possible to get some great citizens from some...uh......not great countries.  However, the chances are far more likely you'll good citizens from good countries.
Would I turn down a great prospect from say, Haiti? No.  But close to 50% of legal Haitian immigrants are on almost full welfare. Other countries it's not quite so bad.

Funny, coming from "Mr. 47%", himself.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2018, 04:17:45 pm »

But that doesn't bother me.  What bothers me are the swings he's taking at me.  He's telling me I don't have a right to live in a nation with merit based immigration because we are the nation of "charity for all".

This loser's sense of entitlement and sanctimony does bother me - a lot. Just as does the Pope's, the Bush family's, etc. Will they ever tire of lecturing we the unwashed.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 04:20:06 pm by skeeter »

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2018, 04:25:18 pm »
Funny, coming from "Mr. 47%", himself.

And yet, we were 'told' recently upon his Senate run, that Mitt was no longer a rabid Never Trumper. 

...just a regular Never Trumper.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline endicom

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2018, 04:41:24 pm »
"Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in."

'They,' in this case, being Republicans pulling us back into the swamp.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2018, 04:43:05 pm »
"Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in."

'They,' in this case, being Republicans pulling us back into the swamp.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2018, 04:47:20 pm »
I'm honoring MLK Day by meeting a mistress at a hotel and being illegally wiretapped by the FBI.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2018, 05:23:42 pm »
And yet, we were 'told' recently upon his Senate run, that Mitt was no longer a rabid Never Trumper. 

...just a regular Never Trumper.

In the earlier stages of Rabid the animal looks pretty normal.

It's when you get close enough to pet them that they bite.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline edpc

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2018, 05:34:14 pm »

About the time we decided a duplicitous phony would be conservative on immigration.  From 2012......

"Republicans didn’t have anything going for them with respect to Latinos and with respect to Asians,” the billionaire developer says.

“The Democrats didn’t have a policy for dealing with illegal immigrants, but what they did have going for them is they weren’t mean-spirited about it,” Trump says. “They didn’t know what the policy was, but what they were is they were kind.”

Romney’s solution of “self deportation” for illegal aliens made no sense and suggested that Republicans do not care about Hispanics in general, Trump says.

“He had a crazy policy of self deportation which was maniacal,” Trump says. “It sounded as bad as it was, and he lost all of the Latino vote,” Trump notes. “He lost the Asian vote. He lost everybody who is inspired to come into this country.”

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2018, 05:42:25 pm »
Suckers  :silly:

Must really bother you knowing that Trump supported Romney's niece for the RNC chair after picking Preibus for chief of staff. I'm going to laugh hysterically when Trump endorses Romney for the seat to avoid backing yet one more losing Trumper horse.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2018, 05:54:23 pm »

No problem. The more you can get from the government, at other's expense, the better, according to at least one member here.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2018, 05:56:40 pm »
I'm honoring MLK Day by meeting a mistress at a hotel and being illegally wiretapped by the FBI.

LOL. Top notch.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2018, 05:58:04 pm »

Must really bother you knowing that Trump supported Romney's niece for the RNC chair after picking Preibus for chief of staff. I'm going to laugh hysterically when Trump endorses Romney for the seat to avoid backing yet one more losing Trumper horse.

Enjoy your laugh.  I was okay with Romney being in the Senate as a seat filler because I knew he wouldn't do anything.

But this falling into the mindset of poor, poor immigrants and mean, mean us is just too much to swallow.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2018, 06:00:27 pm »

About the time we decided a duplicitous phony would be conservative on immigration.  From 2012......

"Republicans didn’t have anything going for them with respect to Latinos and with respect to Asians,” the billionaire developer says.

“The Democrats didn’t have a policy for dealing with illegal immigrants, but what they did have going for them is they weren’t mean-spirited about it,” Trump says. “They didn’t know what the policy was, but what they were is they were kind.”

Romney’s solution of “self deportation” for illegal aliens made no sense and suggested that Republicans do not care about Hispanics in general, Trump says.

“He had a crazy policy of self deportation which was maniacal,” Trump says. “It sounded as bad as it was, and he lost all of the Latino vote,” Trump notes. “He lost the Asian vote. He lost everybody who is inspired to come into this country.”

Do you have any Trump quotes from, say, this century?  Or even from 2017?

Trump has said a lot, most of it published and much of it stupid.

But, guess what?  He is now the only thing standing between us and illegal immigration.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2018, 06:04:03 pm »

Seems you laugh hysterically a lot. Like recently when you mentioned here, that your health care costs were paid by other Americans, not by your employer.

Many here felt you were taking pride, in making others "suckers," another word you throw around.

You also like the word "trash." Yet your own stated behavior typifies a certain type of trash.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline edpc

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2018, 06:04:55 pm »
Do you have any Trump quotes from, say, this century?  Or even from 2017?

The 21st Century, huh? 

When do you think 2012 was?  I guess that phony missile message caused some permanent trauma.  There are plenty of other more recent quotes easily found where he said he'd repeal DACA on day one and didn't.  Remember last week when he said the fix should be a bill of love?

What the hell is wrong with you?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 06:05:23 pm by edpc »

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2018, 06:25:24 pm »

@Cripplecreek
Its good to see  you're being such a productive member of society.   
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2018, 06:51:29 pm »

Wow.   :facepalm2:

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2018, 06:52:34 pm »
@Cripplecreek
Its good to see  you're being such a productive member of society.

888high58888

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2018, 07:33:03 pm »
Wow.   :facepalm2:

1: It amazes me that he'd even want the job.

2: But it amazes me more that he's actually trying to Do it when one every hand, everywhere he turns, it's a wall of Swamp Creatures defending every brick in their wall, protecting their Status Quo at all costs.

I'm floored that Trump didn't go full native on us already.

If he's the dastard his detractors paint him to be, . . . What's in it for him?
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2018, 07:51:32 pm »
The 21st Century, huh? 

When do you think 2012 was?  I guess that phony missile message caused some permanent trauma.  There are plenty of other more recent quotes easily found where he said he'd repeal DACA on day one and didn't.  Remember last week when he said the fix should be a bill of love?

What the hell is wrong with you?

I must remember to tell you when I am joking.  The 20th century thing was a joke.  I used it to highlight that most of your quotes were old.

The fix should be a bill of love.  I would love to stop illegal immigrants but I'm not totally sure about DACA.  It would be cumbersome but I think DACA people should be able to go before a court or panel or somebody and make a case for being allowed to stay.

If they've been productive citizens, workers and tax payers, then maybe a permit.

If not, bye, bye.

Offline edpc

« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2018, 07:56:44 pm »
I must remember to tell you when I am joking.  The 20th century thing was a joke.  I used it to highlight that most of your quotes were old.

He was well into his 60s at the time and knew/meant everything he was saying.  That quote was made after the 2012 election, is just over 5 years old, and isn't afflicted with Progeria.  Nice try.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 08:01:01 pm by edpc »