Author Topic: Congressman Introduced "Stable Genius Act" To Force President Into "Standardized Tests"  (Read 1998 times)

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
You mean like Harry Reid, Democrats triggering the 'nuclear' option; eliminate most filibusters  and then when they were out of power; Schumer regrets the Dems triggering 'nuclear option'?

Perzackly.  Like that.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Perzackly.  Like that.

I knew that you knew that! Cus you never ask a question that you don't know the answer to. :beer:
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I knew that you knew that! Cus you never ask a question that you don't know the answer to. :beer:

:beer:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline The_Reader_David

That is my thinking too.  Making it difficult to Amend the Constitution is a feature, not a bug, to keep the process from being used as a short-term fix.  The one time we did that (Prohibition) turned out to be such a grievous mistake it was undone in less than a decade and a half.

Now Prohibition is an interesting case.  Can anyone explain why a constitutional amendment was necessary to make alcohol illegal, while a simple act of Congress sufficed for opium, cocaine and marijuana?
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Now Prohibition is an interesting case.  Can anyone explain why a constitutional amendment was necessary to make alcohol illegal, while a simple act of Congress sufficed for opium, cocaine and marijuana?

I always thought it was because it's a lot more difficult to pry a drink out of the hand of a wealthy landowner than it was to take an opium pipe away from a Chinese immigrant?
I will NOT comply.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Technically, don’t we really have this?  The stable genius thing is just an act.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 11:28:57 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
We have already seen demonstrated, Trump's stability and restraint when he did not fire at Korea, even though Hawaii reported they had incoming.

Proves the fears of some were unfounded. Check for this story line in the news at 7 tonight.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Oceander

Different views on what was necessary. 

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
I always thought it was because it's a lot more difficult to pry a drink out of the hand of a wealthy landowner than it was to take an opium pipe away from a Chinese immigrant?

You have to stand up.... for your right to ParTay.

Damn, I hope no bad people show up…

Kick it!
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Right_in_Virginia

The President is certainly unmasking the true insanity of our Congress.  And, it's not pretty.

Offline edpc

The President is certainly unmasking the true insanity of our Congress.  And, it's not pretty.

Yeah - thank God for him.  Otherwise, we'd never know about stuff like the Clarence Thomas hearing, House Banking Scandal, 'pass the bill to see what's in it,' and Weinergate.    *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Yeah - thank God for him.  Otherwise, we'd never know about stuff like the Clarence Thomas hearing, House Banking Scandal, 'pass the bill to see what's in it,' and Weinergate.    *****rollingeyes*****

Good start sparky.  Now maybe if you choose a side we could end this. 

Offline edpc

I'm on the same side I have always been - my side.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

"Choose a side?"  Seriously?  What are the selections, anyway?
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

I'm on the same side I have always been - my side.

Careful now....

I will NOT comply.