Author Topic: Congressman Introduced "Stable Genius Act" To Force President Into "Standardized Tests"  (Read 2001 times)

rangerrebew

Congressman Introduced "Stable Genius Act" To Force President Into "Standardized Tests"
Tim Brown — January 13, 2018

There can be no doubt that Michael Wolff's book Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House has driven the media to talking, especially about the mental state of President Donald Trump.  While I'm not going to say whether I think he is stable or not, one thing is clear, Trump has been clever enough to pull the rug out from under the media and his political opponents again and again.

However, one such opponent of Trump, Representative Brendan Boyle (D-PA) introduced a bill a week after Trump responded to the claims about his mental state in Wolff's book.

https://freedomoutpost.com/congressman-introduced-stable-genius-act-force-president-standardized-tests/

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
No need, a simple civics test would have prevented a Trump presidency.

Offline ConstitutionRose

I am not a Trump fan, but I am weary, weary, weary of these people. 
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
FTA:
The bill would "amend the Federal Election Campaign Act of 1971 to require the principal campaign committee of a candidate in a general election for the office of President to file a certification that the candidate has undergone a medical examination conducted by a medical office under the jurisdiction of the Secretary of the Navy."

This is blatantly unconstitutional.  It creates a new "test" on the eligibility for the Office.

Article II, Section 5:
5: No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.

It's worth noting such a certification, had it been done honestly, would have disqualified Hillary Clinton.  But there hasn't been a single act attached to a Clinton that could be called "Honest."
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 04:15:42 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Rats are always dreaming up ways to try and find permanent solutions to temporary problems. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Rats are always dreaming up ways to try and find permanent solutions to temporary problems.

All they need is a 2/3 majority in both Houses of Congress and 3/4 majority of affirming votes by State Legislatures and they're good to go with this.  Easy peasy.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 04:17:33 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline WingNot

All they need is a 2/3 majority in both Houses of Congress and 3/4 majority of affirming votes by State Legislatures and they're good to go with this.  Easy peasy.

It could happen.  As we drift further in to shitholedom.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

It could happen.  As we drift further in to shitholedom.

Hmmm.  Flows trippingly from the tongue.  "On the road to shitholiness."
I will NOT comply.

Offline WingNot

Hmmm.  Flows trippingly from the tongue.  "On the road to shitholiness."

Yes it does.  Rolls right off the tongue. 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Yes it does.  Rolls right off the tongue.

Picture Todd  Rundgren singing that and you have a hit record.
I will NOT comply.

Offline WingNot

Picture Todd  Rundgren singing that and you have a hit record.

I think I saw the light.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I think I saw the light.

I frequently hear that and Utopia on the Deep Tracks channel of my Sirius XM.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I am not a Trump fan, but I am weary, weary, weary of these people.

Wasn't Mr. Ed a stable genius?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Oceander

Offline dfwgator

How Soviet.

Oceander

The stated purpose of the bill:
The bill would "amend the Federal Election Campaign Act of 1971 to require the principal campaign committee of a candidate in a general election for the office of President to file a certification that the candidate has undergone a medical examination conducted by a medical office under the jurisdiction of the Secretary of the Navy."

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The stated purpose of the bill:

That same tactic was used for the Congressional Term Limits Amendment in the early 90's, and it was struck down by the Courts as imposing an additional test on the eligibility of a candidate for a Constitutionally mandated office.
I will NOT comply.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

Not out of the question.  We got the 22nd because of FDR.  I just wish Congress would apply the same standards to themselves. They never do.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Not out of the question.  We got the 22nd because of FDR.  I just wish Congress would apply the same standards to themselves. They never do.

I agree, it's certainly not out of the question.  The 25th was because of another president who became incapacitated by a stroke.  But in both cases, it was not retroactive, so it would do nothing to help the liberals with their "Trump problem."  Even the 17th Amendment was not retroactive.  Senators appointed to office in pre-17th days served out their terms before being elected.
I will NOT comply.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I agree, it's certainly not out of the question.  The 25th was because of another president who became incapacitated by a stroke.  But in both cases, it was not retroactive, so it would do nothing to help the liberals with their "Trump problem."  Even the 17th Amendment was not retroactive.  Senators appointed to office in pre-17th days served out their terms before being elected.

Yeah, even if it sailed through Congress, you’d never get it ratified by enough states before 2020, when it could be applied to the “problem.”
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Yeah, even if it sailed through Congress, you’d never get it ratified by enough states before 2020, when it could be applied to the “problem.”

That is my thinking too.  Making it difficult to Amend the Constitution is a feature, not a bug, to keep the process from being used as a short-term fix.  The one time we did that (Prohibition) turned out to be such a grievous mistake it was undone in less than a decade and a half.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 06:42:15 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

Well, if this were to actually pass (which is highly doubtful), that would mean that we wouldn't have to worry about the majority of our Congressmen/women seeking the oval office.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Well, if this were to actually pass (which is highly doubtful), that would mean that we wouldn't have to worry about the majority of our Congressmen/women seeking the oval office.

Yeah, Democrats never consider the possibility that things they do could somehow be turned against them.
I will NOT comply.

Offline dfwgator

Yeah, Democrats never consider the possibility that things they do could somehow be turned against them.

With our Press?   

:mauslaff:

Offline WingNot

You mean like Harry Reid, Democrats triggering the 'nuclear' option; eliminate most filibusters  and then when they were out of power; Schumer regrets the Dems triggering 'nuclear option'?