Author Topic: Thirteen dead as horror mudslides hit California celebrity enclave with entire homes swept away ...  (Read 787 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Thirteen dead as horror mudslides hit California celebrity enclave with entire homes swept away and helicopters evacuating residents trapped by mountains of wildfire debris dislodged by heavy rain
Daily Mail/UK, Jan 10, 2018

At least 13 people are dead and 25 injured in Southern California after pouring rain triggered mudslides that swept homes from their foundations and blocked roads, forcing rescue crews to use helicopters to pluck people from rooftops.

Multiple bodies were found in mud and debris during the rescue operations on Tuesday in Montecito, 100 miles northwest of Los Angeles.

Most deaths were believed to have occurred in Montecito, a wealthy enclave of about 9,000 people northwest of Los Angeles that is home to such celebrities as Oprah Winfrey, Rob Lowe and Ellen DeGeneres. One person was also killed in a weather-related fatality in Los Angeles County.

Twenty people were hospitalized and four were described as 'severely critical', while an unknown number were unaccounted for. The search for survivors continued into the evening, but authorities warned that their conditions would deteriorate if they got wet.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5249273/California-storm-follows-fires-bringing-new-round-danger.html#ixzz53o0I4Uiy

Online Right_in_Virginia

Online Right_in_Virginia

Oprah caught in devastating California mudslide: Sixteen dead as talkshow legend's $50m estate is overwhelmed by knee-deep mud and Jimmy Connors is evacuated from his mansion by helicopter

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5253561/Oprah-caught-California-mudslides-killed-13.html#ixzz53o1c4k9S

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Thirteen dead as horror mudslides hit California celebrity enclave with entire homes swept away and helicopters evacuating residents trapped by mountains of wildfire debris dislodged by heavy rain
Daily Mail/UK, Jan 10, 2018

At least 13 people are dead and 25 injured in Southern California after pouring rain triggered mudslides that swept homes from their foundations and blocked roads, forcing rescue crews to use helicopters to pluck people from rooftops.

Multiple bodies were found in mud and debris during the rescue operations on Tuesday in Montecito, 100 miles northwest of Los Angeles.

Most deaths were believed to have occurred in Montecito, a wealthy enclave of about 9,000 people northwest of Los Angeles that is home to such celebrities as Oprah Winfrey, Rob Lowe and Ellen DeGeneres. One person was also killed in a weather-related fatality in Los Angeles County.

Twenty people were hospitalized and four were described as 'severely critical', while an unknown number were unaccounted for. The search for survivors continued into the evening, but authorities warned that their conditions would deteriorate if they got wet.

Come out to the coast, Build a house on a hill, we'll get together, have a few laughs...
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Come out to the coast, Build a house on a hill, we'll get together, have a few laughs...
Ha Ha Ha. This is close to where President Reagan had his ranch. Santa Inez.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline dfwgator

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline thackney

Ha Ha Ha. This is close to where President Reagan had his ranch. Santa Inez.

Rancho del Cielo, but there is a reason to not be on or under a significant hillside.

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Frank Cannon

Live in stupid places, win stupid prizes.