Author Topic: Cruz offers bill to cement individual tax cuts  (Read 288 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Cruz offers bill to cement individual tax cuts
« on: January 09, 2018, 04:22:30 pm »
...and he knows full well that the DEMS will never go along with this.  I love how he challenges the leftists!

Cruz offers bill to cement individual tax cuts

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) on Monday rolled out legislation to make permanent the new tax law's cuts to the individual tax rates, and is furthering his campaign for Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) to back the measure.

"I invite Senator Sanders and all of my Democratic colleagues to join me today and make tax rate cuts for hardworking middle class families permanent,” Cruz said in a news release.

The new tax law cuts tax rates across-the-board for individuals, but those cuts expire after 2025, while the cut to the corporate tax rate is permanent. The individual cuts were temporary in order to comply with budget rules that allowed Republicans to pass the measure in the Senate on a party-line vote.

Republicans want to cement the individual tax cuts, but legislation to do so would need the support of some Senate Democrats. Sanders said in a CNN interview last month that the new law's middle-class tax cuts are positive but should have been made permanent, leading Cruz to seize on the comments on social media before offering his bill.

However, Sanders said in a statement last month that Republicans have taken his CNN comments "completely out of context" because they "are so desperate to spin their disastrous tax plan."..........

http://thehill.com/policy/finance/368000-cruz-offers-bill-to-cement-individual-tax-cuts
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 04:22:57 pm by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Oceander

Re: Cruz offers bill to cement individual tax cuts
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 04:24:11 pm »
Considering that the brackets will now be indexed at a slower rate, it’s irrelevant because everyone will be in a higher bracket anyways in a few years, so the “cuts” are illusory.