Author Topic: Bannon group in 2015 shopped document tying Trump to mobsters: report  (Read 926 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Bannon group in 2015 shopped document tying Trump to mobsters: report
By Jacqueline Thomsen - 01/08/18 03:33 PM EST

A conservative group led by Stephen Bannon reportedly shopped around a document in 2015 linking President Trump to mobsters in an attempt to undermine his campaign, CNN reported Monday.

The opposition research was developed by the Government Accountability Institute (GAI), which Bannon co-founded with Peter Schweitzer in 2012.

The document reportedly details years of alleged deals between Trump companies and figures in organized crime.

"We research political figures from all political parties and our basic premise is follow the money. That's what guides our research approach," Schweizer told CNN.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/367963-bannon-group-shopped-document-tying-trump-to-mobsters-in-2015-report
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

Re: Bannon group in 2015 shopped document tying Trump to mobsters: report
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 08:58:37 pm »
Sorry the Hill and CNN, but Bannon is no conservative and I doubt his group is or was either.

I do remember the story about Trump's alleged ties to organized crime, but nothing came of it.  Doubt it will now.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2018, 09:05:23 pm »
I do hope Mr. Bannon has settled into a nice, cozy undisclosed location.   :smokin:

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2018, 09:39:34 pm »
I do remember the story about Trump's alleged ties to organized crime, but nothing came of it.  Doubt it will now.

As many Trumper will tell you, "you have to be involved with organized crime" to be successful in the NYC real-estate businrss.

And there's some truth to that, I'll give them.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2018, 09:43:33 pm »
As many Trumper will tell you, "you have to be involved with organized crime" to be successful in the NYC real-estate business.

Which is probably why he migrated away from actually building and managing property to leasing his name as a brand.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2018, 11:17:03 pm »
As many Trumper will tell you, "you have to be involved with organized crime" to be successful in the NYC real-estate businrss.

And there's some truth to that, I'll give them.

Don't forget, if this occurred, it was when Bannon was a lead Cruz groupie.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2018, 11:46:54 pm »
Bannon is a real piece of work.

I listened to Breitbart this morning out of curiosity and it was interesting.  They had a couple of BB people on and some callers who really slammed Trump, but Bannon made half-hearted excuses for Trump and then kept drawing them out to slam Trump some more.  Sociopathic.

Offline edpc

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2018, 02:00:21 am »
Bannon is a real piece of work.

I listened to Breitbart this morning out of curiosity and it was interesting.  They had a couple of BB people on and some callers who really slammed Trump, but Bannon made half-hearted excuses for Trump and then kept drawing them out to slam Trump some more.  Sociopathic.

Like I’ve said previously, Bannon just wants to bring down the system with no plans for what happens afterwards.  He’s a pyromaniac - just wants to see something burn and cause destruction.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2018, 04:59:46 am »

Like I’ve said previously, Bannon just wants to bring down the system with no plans for what happens afterwards.  He’s a pyromaniac - just wants to see something burn and cause destruction.

He may want to do that, but he is doing a lousy job. He is now officially persona non grata. He is also about to lose his only outlet to spew his stupidity.

BTW, if you connect the dots in the Wolff book, Bannon doesn't want to bring it down. He wants to run it. He is a nutjob.

Offline edpc

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2018, 05:07:04 am »
BTW, if you connect the dots in the Wolff book, Bannon doesn't want to bring it down. He wants to run it. He is a nutjob.

He seems more Dennis Hopper in Apocalypse Now than Marlon Brando.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2018, 02:18:12 pm »
He may want to do that, but he is doing a lousy job. He is now officially persona non grata. He is also about to lose his only outlet to spew his stupidity.

Bannon will have an audience as long as he is saying things that appear to hurt Trump.