Author Topic: GOP strategist Karl Rove: Republicans in ‘big trouble,’ could lose House in 2018  (Read 1098 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 By Bradford Richardson - The Washington Times - Sunday, January 7, 2018

GOP strategist Karl Rove says Republicans are in danger of losing their majority in the House of Representatives in the 2018 midterm elections.

Asked how much trouble Republicans are in, Mr. Rove responded, “Big trouble.”

“The president’s approval rating is in the high 30s, and the Republicans are 24 seats in the House away from losing their majorities,” he said on “Fox News Sunday.”

A former advisor to President George W. Bush, Mr. Rove said Republicans will adopt two campaigns heading into the November election—one aimed at party unity, and the other aimed at keeping their majority in the House.

more
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/jan/7/karl-rove-gop-strategist-republicans-in-big-troubl/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Thanks Karl. Nice to know one of the 'Strategists' who led us to the straights we're in, Still cares enough about us to Continue offering us his advice.

Put a sock in it Rove.

You were and are, a disaster.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Online libertybele

Thanks Karl. Nice to know one of the 'Strategists' who led us to the straights we're in, Still cares enough about us to Continue offering us his advice.

Put a sock in it Rove.

You were and are, a disaster.

That sums up my feelings about Rove quite nicely.  Why, oh why, would anyone put any stock in anything that he says?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I feel better now.  If Rove says it's so, then it mustn't be.

Offline Frank Cannon

Karl Rove is throwing in the towel.

In an appearance on “Fox News Sunday,” the Republican strategist said that Donald Trump’s poll numbers are simply too dismal to end in victory on election night.

“I don’t see it happening,” Rove told Fox. “If he plays an inside straight, he could get it, but I doubt he’s going to be able to play it.”

Rove explained Trump’s electoral vote deficit, swing state by swing state. Mitt Romney only won 206 electoral votes in 2012, and according to Rove’s judgment, Trump can only feel comfortable about 168, with just over two weeks to go before the Nov. 8 election.

Trump, Rove said, is barely eking out a polling lead in Ohio and Iowa, which Obama won in 2012. But he is also behind in North Carolina and Arizona, states that Romney won. And his deficit in other electoral vote-rich states like Florida is so severe that he is unlikely to pull ahead.

Offline jpsb

Wishful thinking from the Bush side of the uniparty.

2018 is not going to be easy, but we can still keep the House and Senate if we all vote.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Karl Rove was a damned good direct mail consultant.  He should have stuck to that!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Frank Cannon

Karl Rove was a damned good direct mail consultant.  He should have stuck to that!

Who doesn't love Direct Mail? It fills people mailboxes with glossy pieces of colored paper that people take into their homes. Once a week those people take all the pieced of direct mail they collected and carry it out to the curb in a Hefty trash bag. It keeps people healthy with all the walking it makes them do and gets the blood flowing from the anger of getting it.

Karl Rove saved lives with direct mail. We should all take a moment to thank him for his important contribution to our health.

• Wulf Anson Author
Wishful thinking from the Bush side of the uniparty.

2018 is not going to be easy, but we can still keep the House and Senate if we all vote.

:amen:

I want to see the 'My refusing to vote for the lesser of 2 evils/They're both the same so why bother' types, show me How what we as Conservatives have actually gotten already from Trump in terms of downsizing and declawing the Federal Grendel would have been 'The Same' we'd have gotten from HRC.

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

Offline corbe

I'm withholding judgment till he weighs in on 2020 and tells me Trump's a shoe-in.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
I feel better now.  If Rove says it's so, then it mustn't be.

Exactly, Sanguine. He is an everyday opposite's day.  I think he believes his own nonsense, too.  That man is very odd.
"It's fun; baseball's fun."  Yogi Berra

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Exactly, Sanguine. He is an everyday opposite's day.  I think he believes his own nonsense, too.  That man is very odd.

Yep.  He is out of touch or living in some weird reality of his own.  I do not believe Trump's poll numbers are anywhere near as low as he claims.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline corbe

Yep.  He is out of touch or living in some weird reality of his own.  I do not believe Trump's poll numbers are anywhere near as low as he claims.

Austin, TX has a tendency to do that to people, even that worm. 

Polls, at this point, are to be taken serious only if scantily clad woman are about.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
I honestly did not know that was who did those awful mailers!

@Frank Cannon  I do not even bring those into our home.  They are immediately thrown into the blue bin to be recycled.  Then the blue bin gets filled because of that crap.

How do the envelopes that have cheap postage that you do not even open but have to shred get here?  Who started that deal? Make those dirty rotten scoundrels pay full freight or more because of the shredding that has to be done.

I hate shredding and the mess it makes on the floor when you empty the shredder.  Then the cats drag that crap around in their mouths and  paws.  Sometimes the cats bat it around or throw it up in the air!

It is all Carl Rove's fault, I imagine.

/rant

• Wulf Anson Author
I honestly did not know that was who did those awful mailers!

@Frank Cannon  I do not even bring those into our home.  They are immediately thrown into the blue bin to be recycled.  Then the blue bin gets filled because of that crap.

How do the envelopes that have cheap postage that you do not even open but have to shred get here?  Who started that deal? Make those dirty rotten scoundrels pay full freight or more because of the shredding that has to be done.

I hate shredding and the mess it makes on the floor when you empty the shredder.  Then the cats drag that crap around in their mouths and  paws.  Sometimes the cats bat it around or throw it up in the air!

It is all Carl Rove's fault, I imagine.

/rant

The one that gets my goat is having to sharpen the scissors from cutting up all the damn 'Pre-Approved' Credit Card offers.

You pay 5 or 6 bills, and you automatically get marked as a sucker who's down with getting bled 26% or so interest on every purchase you make.

Offline Frank Cannon

The one that gets my goat is having to sharpen the scissors from cutting up all the damn 'Pre-Approved' Credit Card offers.

You pay 5 or 6 bills, and you automatically get marked as a sucker who's down with getting bled 26% or so interest on every purchase you make.

26%!?!? That's awesome. My bookie Jimmy the Shiv charges me 53% interest on loans and I have to collateralize them with a body part of his choosing.

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
    Austin, TX has a tendency to do that to people, even that worm. 

Polls, at this point, are to be taken serious only if scantily clad woman are about.
So I guess Austin,TX, is similar to Tucson, AZ, except Austin is the capital of Texas.  I saw the Capitol Building there so I know it!

:mauslaff:

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant

I guess @Cyber Liberty  got me a little bit better shredder.  It shreds those awful credit cards,  too!  It has a special hole to hell where you shred them.

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
26%!?!? That's awesome. My bookie Jimmy the Shiv charges me 53% interest on loans and I have to collateralize them with a body part of his choosing.

I need to talk to your Jimmy the Shiv. Awesome interest rates!

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
I made an error.  It was me. But I did make it to 500 posts.  What the heck happened?  Danged newbies!  Put  their feet in cement buckets, then throw them overboard.

22222frying pan