Author Topic: More Departures On Horizon For Struggling White House Staff  (Read 2665 times)

Offline aligncare

Re: More Departures On Horizon For Struggling White House Staff
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2018, 01:05:24 am »
   I'm here a lot as you two are and my bias could be showing and I'll admit that.  I think I did a poll about that very question about 6 months ago and management shut it down because it turned into a peeing contest.

What would be so difficult about asking three basic questions.

Do you consider yourself to be a:

Trump supporter

NeverTrumper

Neither

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2018, 01:07:50 am »
Because he doesn't know how to change a light bulb either?

They’re both on a quest to find a downhill lake for waterskiing.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2018, 01:12:25 am »
This may not be the ultimate kill shot, that #nevertrumpers live everyday for, either.

Everyday with fewer government employees is a good day for real conservatives.

So @truth_seeker says this is good news.

OMG ... read the first couple of paragraphs from this "article".  It's apparent "journalists" are foregoing a battle for the Pulitzer in Journalism and engaged in one for the Pulitzer in Fiction Writing.   :smokin:

But @Right_in_Virginia ‘s above quote claims it’s fake news.

So what is it, real or fake?
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2018, 05:19:53 am »
So @truth_seeker says this is good news.

OMG ... read the first couple of paragraphs from this "article".  It's apparent "journalists" are foregoing a battle for the Pulitzer in Journalism and engaged in one for the Pulitzer in Fiction Writing.   :smokin:

But @Right_in_Virginia ‘s above quote claims it’s fake news.

So what is it, real or fake?

This article reads like a fiction novel.  As for it being real or fake ... why not make up your own mind @goodwithagun ?

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2018, 05:36:02 am »

Trump supporter

NeverTrumper

Neither

I think you need another category for people like me.  I'm a Trump supporter when I can be and I want to be because I hate the people who hate Trump.

But, I don't consider myself a Trumper, I'm just on the cheering squad sometimes.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2018, 12:22:24 pm »
I think you need another category for people like me.  I'm a Trump supporter when I can be and I want to be because I hate the people who hate Trump.

But, I don't consider myself a Trumper, I'm just on the cheering squad sometimes.

I see what you’re saying. However, I’m not interested in learning the full spectrum of stances on Trump, just those two categories: like and support or dislike and oppose (Trumper vs NeverTrumper)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2018, 12:56:28 pm »
I see what you’re saying. However, I’m not interested in learning the full spectrum of stances on Trump, just those two categories: like and support or dislike and oppose (Trumper vs NeverTrumper)

One problem is - you’ll find many who agree with a lot of his campaign platform in principle.  However, being who he is, we think Trump is FOS and doesn’t actually believe what he’s said.  I suppose you could classify us as NeverBelieveTrumpers.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2018, 01:06:50 pm »
One problem is - you’ll find many who agree with a lot of his campaign platform in principle.  However, being who he is, we think Trump is FOS and doesn’t actually believe what he’s said.  I suppose you could classify us as NeverBelieveTrumpers.

I agree.  I think it depends on what the definition of “Never Trump” (or Trumper) is.  The most common definition I’ve seen of Never Tumper is "that you will never vote or support trump.”  I’ve certainly supported the President on any number of items (e.g., Gorsuch, cutting regulations, ISIS, response to FLA and TX hurricanes, etc.), but I’ve also criticized him for others (e.g., lies/falsehoods/misleading statements, lack of fiscal conservative policies, petty squabbles, etc.).  Given this definition, I don’t consider myself a Never Trumper or a Trumper.  I consider myself an objective observer of this President’s actions, behavior, and policy:  I criticize when I disagree and praise when I support.

https://definithing.com/never-trump/

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Never%20Trump

I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2018, 01:55:12 pm »
This article reads like a fiction novel.  As for it being real or fake ... why not make up your own mind @goodwithagun ?

I never indicated my mind wasn't made up. I simply asked for the contradiction to be Trumpsplained.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Silver Pines

« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2018, 03:07:03 pm »
I still disagree.  I don't have a list of frequent posters and their stances on Trump or No Trump but if the NTers are in the minority, they make up for it by posting constantly.

And Catherine may be royal but she's a royal nope.  And me in my birthday suit would give you nightmares so bad that you might never sleep again.

@Emjay

My God, I live in your head day and night, don’t I?  I absolutely love it, lol.

Now the next post will be a textbook passive aggressive whine about being forced to insult people because you’re really not that way.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 03:17:12 pm by MOD4 »

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2018, 03:12:39 pm »
@Emjay

My God, I live in your head day and night, don’t I?  I absolutely love it, lol.

Now the next post will be a textbook passive aggressive whine about being forced to insult people because you’re really not that way.

That’s it!!! I’m putting you on ignore, because you receive too many replies from @Emjay, who has been on my ignore list for weeks.

Please don’t take it personally.

:rolling:
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Silver Pines

« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2018, 03:22:00 pm »
I agree.  I think it depends on what the definition of “Never Trump” (or Trumper) is.  The most common definition I’ve seen of Never Tumper is "that you will never vote or support trump.”  I’ve certainly supported the President on any number of items (e.g., Gorsuch, cutting regulations, ISIS, response to FLA and TX hurricanes, etc.), but I’ve also criticized him for others (e.g., lies/falsehoods/misleading statements, lack of fiscal conservative policies, petty squabbles, etc.).  Given this definition, I don’t consider myself a Never Trumper or a Trumper.  I consider myself an objective observer of this President’s actions, behavior, and policy:  I criticize when I disagree and praise when I support.

@Concerned

Common sense reasoning.  Still, the NeverTrump/Trump hater meme will never die,  because the fans need a phantom enemy to blame everything on.  This is why you can explain to them all day your impartiality in judging Trump’s actions, but it won’t matter.  It will be studiously ignored.  If they couldn’t whip out the NeverTrump card, they might have to actually hold Trump responsible for something.

You notice that the more his administration embarrasses itself, the more that card gets played?  I think a few here pull it out twenty or thirty times a day.

Silver Pines

« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2018, 03:24:09 pm »

That’s it!!! I’m putting you on ignore, because you receive too many replies from @Emjay, who has been on my ignore list for weeks.

@Night Hides Not

Lol

I don’t understand how it happens.  I’m being “ignored”, after all.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2018, 03:37:01 pm »

You pretty much nailed it. I will never be able to get on the Trump Train, simply because he/they blame everyone else when things don’t go their way. Conversely, when things go well, it’s due to his/their brilliance.

Does that mean I won’t vote for him in 2020? Depends on who the other candidates are. Damn sure won’t vote for a Democrat.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2018, 04:57:27 pm »

I only saw Catherine's post because you quoted her.  I haven't mentioned her in weeks and calling her a NOPE was certainly not passive-aggressive, one of her favorite psycho-babble phrases.

I only have two people on ignore now.  I'm really rather flattered that I've managed to annoy you to the point that you put me on ignore !!!

Have a good day, y'all.  @CatherineofAragon @Night Hides Not

« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 05:03:56 pm by MOD8 »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2018, 05:06:34 pm »
@Concerned

Common sense reasoning.  Still, the NeverTrump/Trump hater meme will never die,  because the fans need a phantom enemy to blame everything on.  This is why you can explain to them all day your impartiality in judging Trump’s actions, but it won’t matter.  It will be studiously ignored.  If they couldn’t whip out the NeverTrump card, they might have to actually hold Trump responsible for something.

You notice that the more his administration embarrasses itself, the more that card gets played?  I think a few here pull it out twenty or thirty times a day.

That sums it up perfectly
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2018, 05:08:03 pm »

Trump supporter

NeverTrumper

Neither

Are you now or have you ever been a member of the Communist party yes or no.

See how those impossible kind of yes no questions work?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2018, 05:11:59 pm »

The people here that toss around the NT moniker believe that either you support Trump with 110% devotion and never question anything he does...or you're deemed a NT for anything less.

AC admitted as much in a previous post.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 05:23:42 pm by txradioguy »

Offline Concerned

« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2018, 05:22:35 pm »
Then people here that toss around the NT moniker believe that either you support Trump with 110% devotion and never question anything he does...or you're deemed a NT for anything less.

Unfortunately, that's the sense I get also.  I just wanted to point out that I don't think that's a commonly accepted definition of "Never Trumpers" (at least based on what I was able to find online).   
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2018, 06:09:11 pm »
The people here that toss around the NT moniker believe that either you support Trump with 110% devotion and never question anything he does...or you're deemed a NT for anything less.

Nope!!  I don't fall neatly into either category because I support Trump on most of the things he has done or tried to do, but I don't adore him and I see his faults quite clearly.  I just try not to dwell on them.  They are personality flaws and as long as they don't affect his policies too much, I ignore them.

The people I call NTers are the total downers who find fault with everything Trumpish. 

If he does something good, he didn't do enough ... or he didn't do it fast enough.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2018, 10:50:54 pm »
The White House staff.  A majority of which are Pencil pushing paper stacking chumps.  Don't see a down side to the down size.

Smaller government is what we are after, so I would have to agree.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2018, 10:59:39 pm »

Trump supporter

NeverTrumper

Neither

Are you now or have you ever been....

Silver Pines

« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2018, 12:01:31 am »

Trump supporter

NeverTrumper

Neither

@aligncare

Lol, I love it.  They're going to demand people state their Trumpstatus.

Reminds me of JimRob, following people around threads and bellowing, "Will you vote for Donald Trump or not?"

Offline aligncare

« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2018, 12:27:35 am »
Nonsense. Someone above claimed that there were only a few never Trumper’s left and I was curious only if that were true. Please don’t impose your fantasy narrative on me again.

Silver Pines

« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2018, 12:31:45 am »
Nonsense. Someone above claimed that there were only a few never Trumper’s left and I was curious only if that were true. Please don’t impose your fantasy narrative on me again.

@aligncare

Yes, and so you want those questions answered. 

Exactly my point.