Author Topic: More Departures On Horizon For Struggling White House Staff  (Read 2666 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
More Departures On Horizon For Struggling White House Staff
« on: January 07, 2018, 03:36:45 am »
WASHINGTON (AP) — Already setting turnover records, President Donald Trump's White House is bracing for even more staff departures and an increasing struggle to fill vacancies, shadowed by the unrelenting Russia probe, political squabbling and Trump's own low poll numbers.

Entering a grueling year that is sure to bring fresh challenges at home and abroad, Trump faces a brain drain across a wide swath of government functions, threatening to hamstring efforts to enact legislation or conduct even basic operations. Some departures are expected to come from senior ranks — the staff churn that makes headlines — but more are likely among the lesser-known officials who help to keep the White House and Cabinet agencies running.

In Trump's first year, his administration's upper-level officials have had a turnover rate of 34 percent, much higher than any other in the past 40 years, according to an analysis by Kathryn Dunn-Tenpas, a non-resident senior fellow at the Brookings Institution. The study found that 22 of the 64 senior officials she tracked have resigned, been fired or reassigned.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/more-departures-horizon-struggling-white-house-staff-074043869.html
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline edpc

Re: More Departures On Horizon For Struggling White House Staff
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2018, 03:45:45 am »
In a nation of 300M+, there are a lot of ‘best people.’  May as well try them all.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2018, 03:56:37 am »
This may not be the ultimate kill shot, that #nevertrumpers live everyday for, either.

Everyday with fewer government employees is a good day for real conservatives.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline edpc

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2018, 04:08:17 am »
This may not be the ultimate kill shot, that #nevertrumpers live everyday for, either.

Everyday with fewer government employees is a good day for real conservatives.

Any president needs to delegate and have competent people to ensure the agenda moves forward.  Without some continuity, it dies a death of a thousand (job) cuts.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2018, 01:37:52 pm »
I don't know why anyone would want to work in this reality TV administration...unless doing so looks good on a resume.  The constant chaos and manufactured drama and conflict, coupled with the resultant stress, has to ruin a person's physical and mental health after a while.  It just doesn't seem worth it to kill yourself just to be able to say you once worked for the president.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2018, 01:52:15 pm »
I don't know why anyone would want to work in this reality TV administration...unless doing so looks good on a resume.  The constant chaos and manufactured drama and conflict, coupled with the resultant stress, has to ruin a person's physical and mental health after a while.  It just doesn't seem worth it to kill yourself just to be able to say you once worked for the president.

Trump eventually turns on everyone and accuses them of being on their knees begging as he dumps them like a dog.

I'll never be accused of begging this b***h ass fake president for anything.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2018, 01:55:18 pm »
The White House staff.  A majority of which are Pencil pushing paper stacking chumps.  Don't see a down side to the down size.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2018, 05:33:16 pm »

The answer is easy, religious freedoms, advancing social issues.  Again, apparently, one doesn't seem to value these matters.

You like to say things about Trump, the other day, you tied someone who was a Neo-Nazi to him, really bearing false witness in my opinion, you've said he is untrustworthy. So, who do you want us to support and was he/she on the ballot?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 05:41:41 pm by TomSea »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2018, 06:13:46 pm »
OMG ... read the first couple of paragraphs from this "article".  It's apparent "journalists" are foregoing a battle for the Pulitzer in Journalism and engaged in one for the Pulitzer in Fiction Writing.   :smokin:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2018, 07:34:32 pm »
OMG ... read the first couple of paragraphs from this "article".  It's apparent "journalists" are foregoing a battle for the Pulitzer in Journalism and engaged in one for the Pulitzer in Fiction Writing.   :smokin:

But they have an audience and they know it.  The Trump haters will eat up any lies about Trump no matter how outrageous.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline anubias

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2018, 07:59:39 pm »
But they have an audience and they know it.  The Trump haters will eat up any lies about Trump no matter how outrageous.

Assuaging foolish pride has become a lucrative business.  I’m almost ashamed that I didn’t recognize the chance to reap such rewards myself.  I had such foresight with the previous Administration and did quite well.  What could I sell to these fools that would be ethical?  :pondering:

Offline corbe

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2018, 08:20:32 pm »
   Gee, the way you Trumpers are whining about the few Nevers here today you'd think we are stifling your freedom of thought AND expression.   
   Acceptance is not just a word in the dictionary.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2018, 11:58:53 pm »
   Gee, the way you Trumpers are whining about the few Nevers here today you'd think we are stifling your freedom of thought AND expression.   

But nope hole is.   I did a search to verify.  Your picture is next to it.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 03:47:51 pm by Mod2 »
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline corbe

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2018, 12:06:06 am »
    Oh, @Wingnut are you projecting again? Is my Girlfriend there?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2018, 12:19:29 am »

I'll never be accused of begging this b***h ass fake president for anything.

Oh no. What will Donny do without some ne'er do well cranks support! He will just have to suffer a crushing win again like he did in '16. Oh the horror.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2018, 12:21:02 am »

I disagree.  The Nevers are not 'few' and they dominate every discussion and never make a point without personally insulting someone.

What do you want me to accept? 

I accept that opinions differ.  I accept that freedom of thought and expression is allowed here.

I accept that you absolutely adore C of A.

What else should I accept?

Offline corbe

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2018, 12:31:34 am »
I disagree.  The Nevers are not 'few' and they dominate every discussion and never make a point without personally insulting someone.

That is not true @Emjay The Nevers (IMHO) are outnumbered here by the Always Trumpers.  The great majority of Briefers, my guess over 80% here like our President and hope for the best (I don't consider them AT'ers), I consider them Sane.

What do you want me to accept? 

I accept that opinions differ.  I accept that freedom of thought and expression is allowed here.

I accept that you absolutely adore C of A.

What else should I accept?

Accept the fact that you are wrong about Catherine I have never pictured her in anything but Medieval clothes, where as you on the other hand look great in your birthday suit (in my fantasy)!

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2018, 12:37:49 am »
   That is not true @Emjay The Nevers (IMHO) are outnumbered here by the Always Trumpers.  The great majority of Briefers, my guess over 80% here like our President and hope for the best (I don't consider them AT'ers), I consider them Sane.

Accept the fact that you are wrong about Catherine I have never pictured her in anything but Medieval clothes, where as you on the other hand look great in your birthday suit (in my fantasy)!

I still disagree.  I don't have a list of frequent posters and their stances on Trump or No Trump but if the NTers are in the minority, they make up for it by posting constantly.

And Catherine may be royal but she's a royal nope.  And me in my birthday suit would give you nightmares so bad that you might never sleep again.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 03:15:48 pm by MOD4 »

Offline aligncare

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2018, 12:47:28 am »
I still disagree.  I don't have a list of frequent posters and their stances on Trump or No Trump but if the NTers are in the minority, they make up for it by posting constantly.

And Catherine may be royal but she's a royal nope.  And me in my birthday suit would give you nightmares so bad that you might never sleep again.

I keep a pretty accurate buddy list.

NeverTrumpers outnumber Trump supporters by 2 to 1.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 03:16:17 pm by MOD4 »

Offline aligncare

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2018, 12:49:30 am »
Time for a poll.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2018, 12:51:54 am »

Offline aligncare

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2018, 12:53:45 am »
Here you go....

Hey, the poles love Trump!

Offline corbe

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2018, 12:54:41 am »
   I'm here a lot as you two are and my bias could be showing and I'll admit that.  I think I did a poll about that very question about 6 months ago and management shut it down because it turned into a peeing contest.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2018, 12:55:38 am »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2018, 01:02:10 am »
Hey, the poles love Trump!

Because he doesn't know how to change a light bulb either?