Author Topic: Michael Wolff rejects Trump claim: 'I absolutely spoke to the president'  (Read 2249 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Michael Wolff rejects Trump claim: 'I absolutely spoke to the president'
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2018, 04:44:43 pm »
I think this could be disastrous.

One thing we all need to keep in mind though, is that there have been a salacious book like this written, but the press held off because they weren't out to get those presidents like they are out to get this one. Think about what could of and has been written about the Kennedy, Clinton, Carter presidencies.  How about Mary Lincoln?  Stark raving on occasion by many accounts and a terrible spendthrift.   Regardless of what we think of Trump and even whether or not this is true, the fact is that the deep state/left is pulling out all stops to end this presidency in an extra-Constitutional way.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2018, 04:52:01 pm »
We can point to Wolff’s lies.

Then by all means go ahead.

I’m talking about (figuratively) looking the voter in the eye and telling them a deliberate falsehood?

He wasn't a fan of the Iraq invasion

Day 1 repeal of Obamacare

Making Mexico pay for the border wall

He was gonna toss Hillary in jail

False claims about Amazon and the USPS

Promised to get tough on China

Claiming his tax cuts are the largest in history

Talk about how low unemployment is when he used to dismiss the BLS numbers as "nonsense"

Shall I continue?

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2018, 04:55:11 pm »
@edpc Really?   Then it shouldn't be hard for you to point out a lie he's told since becoming President.

I can think of 3 he's said off the top of my head.  A web search will probably uncover a trove.

Saying he'd cancel DACA on day one.

Receiving the most electoral votes since Reagan. 

US has highest murder rate in 45 years.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2018, 04:55:52 pm »
We can point to Wolff’s lies. Can you give us an example of one lie Trump told to Americans. And not just some campaign rhetoric puffing themselves up, every candidate does that—even the sainted Ted Cruz.

I’m talking about (figuratively) looking the voter in the eye and telling them a deliberate falsehood?

One example would be nice; provide more if you’re up to it.

@edpc
Really?   Then it shouldn't be hard for you to point out a lie he's told since becoming President.

@aligncare
@driftdiver

The man lies/makes false statements/is wrong (whatever you want to call it) all the time in interviews, tweets, and statements:  from the number of times he’s been on the cover of Time Magazine (January 21) to claiming 2 people were shot and killed in Chicago while Obama gave a speech (January 25) to claiming the NYT apologized to their readers for their campaign coverage (February 6) to claiming CNN’s Chris Cuomo didn’t ask Sen. Blumenthal about his war service in a TV interview (February 9) to claiming half the state of Tennessee didn’t have any insurance companies (March 17).  The list below (through December 14) identifies hundreds of falsehoods and is exhausting (and depressing) to read.

I’m sure some will argue the list in the New York Times aren’t “lies” but simply the President being incorrect, imprecise, or ill-informed, but this is the President of the United States for goodness sakes!!  I believe he has an obligation to have his facts straight before he communicates.  His voice is too important to be sloppy with the truth IMO, but I’m afraid this man simply just doesn’t care enough about the truth to get his facts straight.  That’s lying in my book, and I believe he does it all the time and simply doesn’t care.  JMO.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/06/23/opinion/trumps-lies.html

« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 05:13:18 pm by Concerned »
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2018, 05:44:25 pm »
@aligncare
@driftdiver

The man lies/makes false statements/is wrong (whatever you want to call it) all the time in interviews, tweets, and statements:  from the number of times he’s been on the cover of Time Magazine (January 21) to claiming 2 people were shot and killed in Chicago while Obama gave a speech (January 25) to claiming the NYT apologized to their readers for their campaign coverage (February 6) to claiming CNN’s Chris Cuomo didn’t ask Sen. Blumenthal about his war service in a TV interview (February 9) to claiming half the state of Tennessee didn’t have any insurance companies (March 17).  The list below (through December 14) identifies hundreds of falsehoods and is exhausting (and depressing) to read.

I’m sure some will argue the list in the New York Times aren’t “lies” but simply the President being incorrect, imprecise, or ill-informed, but this is the President of the United States for goodness sakes!!  I believe he has an obligation to have his facts straight before he communicates.  His voice is too important to be sloppy with the truth IMO, but I’m afraid this man simply just doesn’t care enough about the truth to get his facts straight.  That’s lying in my book, and I believe he does it all the time and simply doesn’t care.  JMO.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/06/23/opinion/trumps-lies.html

he's a marketing person who exaggerates and really doesn't understand how hard it is to work the Washington bureaucracy.   In NYC he could always bribe a union hack to get what he wanted.   In Washington they are actively trying to destroy him.    Most of those things listed above he's tried to do but was stopped by the GOP.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2018, 05:57:09 pm »
   Regardless of what we think of Trump and even whether or not this is true, the fact is that the deep state/left is pulling out all stops to end this presidency in an extra-Constitutional way.

Well they are doing a poor job of it. Wolff is the one getting ruined here. Interviewers are asking him if any of it is true because the claims are so absurd. Wolff even admits in the opening of the book it is bullshit. Wolff ended his career with this garbage. Donny, not so much.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2018, 06:12:54 pm »
Well they are doing a poor job of it. Wolff is the one getting ruined here. Interviewers are asking him if any of it is true because the claims are so absurd. Wolff even admits in the opening of the book it is bullshit. Wolff ended his career with this garbage. Donny, not so much.

His career will fly because of this.  The liberals are gonna love this book and it will fly off the shelves.  The haters are gonna hate.....

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2018, 06:18:40 pm »
His career will fly because of this.  The liberals are gonna love this book and it will fly off the shelves.  The haters are gonna hate.....

Tell that to Kathy Griffin and Chelsea Handler.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2018, 06:42:46 pm »
Now that's its been released, it's still the number 1 best seller on both BarnesandNoble.com and paid Apple books, and it's numbers 1, 2, and 3 on Amazon (hardcopy, Kindle, and audio book).

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2018, 06:44:28 pm »
Now that's its been released, it's still the number 1 best seller on both BarnesandNoble.com and paid Apple books, and it's numbers 1, 2, and 3 on Amazon (hardcopy, Kindle, and audio book).

So your saying it is a hit with your libs and the Never Trump Nutcutters.  Swell.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2018, 06:45:32 pm »
@edpc
Really?   Then it shouldn't be hard for you to point out a lie he's told since becoming President.

Two weeks ago, Trump came out and said he broke Truman's record for the most accomplishments as President in his first year.
Yet, From Kennedy to Obama, all had more total accomplishments in their first year than Trump had.
Not that this is a good thing, mind you. I'd like governments to do as little as possible, but, nonetheless, a re-searchable fact.

So, I suppose they all broke Truman's record?

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2018, 06:51:13 pm »

Because the word on what a fraud this book is hasn't fully gotten out yet. That is why the publisher shoveled this turd out the door early instead of when it was supposed to be released. It was shaping up to be a disaster.

BTW, the number 2 best seller on Amazon is this....

https://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-books-Amazon/zgbs/books/ref=zg_bs_unv_b_1_2712_3

Don't look like anyone other than shut ins and Communists are buying books after Christmas.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2018, 06:54:41 pm »
Yet, From Kennedy to Obama, all had more total accomplishments in their first year than Trump had.

Oh yeah? Donny has been way busier than Zero this last year.....

Jobs and the economy

Passage of the tax reform bill providing $5.5 billion in cuts and repealing the Obamacare mandate.
    Increase of the GDP above 3 percent.
    Creation of 1.7 million new jobs, cutting unemployment to 4.1 percent.
    Saw the Dow Jones reach record highs.
    A rebound in economic confidence to a 17-year high.
    A new executive order to boost apprenticeships.
    A move to boost computer sciences in Education Department programs.
    Prioritizing women-owned businesses for some $500 million in SBA loans.

Killing job-stifling regulations

Signed an Executive Order demanding that two regulations be killed for every new one creates. He beat that big and cut 16 rules and regulations for every one created, saving $8.1 billion.
    Signed 15 congressional regulatory cuts.
    Withdrew from the Obama-era Paris Climate Agreement, ending the threat of environmental regulations.
    Signed an Executive Order cutting the time for infrastructure permit approvals.
    Eliminated an Obama rule on streams that Trump felt unfairly targeted the coal industry.

Fair trade

Made good on his campaign promise to withdraw from the Trans-Pacific Partnership.
    Opened up the North American Free Trade Agreement for talks to better the deal for the U.S.
    Worked to bring companies back to the U.S., and companies like Toyota, Mazda, Broadcom Limited, and Foxconn announced plans to open U.S. plants.
    Worked to promote the sale of U.S products abroad.
    Made enforcement of U.S. trade laws, especially those that involve national security, a priority.
    Ended Obama’s deal with Cuba.

Boosting U.S. energy dominance

The Department of Interior, which has led the way in cutting regulations, opened plans to lease 77 million acres in the Gulf of Mexico for oil and gas drilling.
    Trump traveled the world to promote the sale and use of U.S. energy.
    Expanded energy infrastructure projects like the Keystone XL Pipeline snubbed by Obama.
    Ordered the Environmental Protection Agency to kill Obama’s Clean Power Plan.
    EPA is reconsidering Obama rules on methane emissions.

Protecting the U.S. homeland

Laid out new principles for reforming immigration and announced plan to end "chain migration," which lets one legal immigrant to bring in dozens of family members.
    Made progress to build the border wall with Mexico.
    Ended the Obama-era “catch and release” of illegal immigrants.
    Boosted the arrests of illegals inside the U.S.
    Doubled the number of counties participating with Immigration and Customs Enforcement charged with deporting illegals.
    Removed 36 percent more criminal gang members than in fiscal 2016.
    Started the end of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrival program.
    Ditto for other amnesty programs like Deferred Action for Parents of Americans.
    Cracking down on some 300 sanctuary cities that defy ICE but still get federal dollars.
    Added some 100 new immigration judges.

Protecting communities

Justice announced grants of $98 million to fund 802 new cops.
    Justice worked with Central American nations to arrest and charge 4,000 MS-13 members.
    Homeland rounded up nearly 800 MS-13 members, an 83 percent one-year increase.
    Signed three executive orders aimed at cracking down on international criminal organizations.
    Attorney General Jeff Sessions created new National Public Safety Partnership, a cooperative initiative with cities to reduce violent crimes.

Accountability

Trump has nominated 73 federal judges and won his nomination of Neil Gorsuch to the Supreme Court.
    Ordered ethical standards including a lobbying ban.
    Called for a comprehensive plan to reorganize the executive branch.
    Ordered an overhaul to modernize the digital government.
    Called for a full audit of the Pentagon and its spending.

Combatting opioids

First, the president declared a Nationwide Public Health Emergency on opioids.
    His Council of Economic Advisors played a role in determining that overdoses are underreported by as much as 24 percent.
    The Department of Health and Human Services laid out a new five-point strategy to fight the crisis.
    Justice announced it was scheduling fentanyl substances as a drug class under the Controlled Substances Act.
    Justice started a fraud crackdown, arresting more than 400.
    The administration added $500 million to fight the crisis.
    On National Drug Take Back Day, the Drug Enforcement Agency collected 456 tons.

Protecting life

In his first week, Trump reinstated and expanded the Mexico City Policy that blocks some $9 billion in foreign aid being used for abortions.
    Worked with Congress on a bill overturning an Obama regulation that blocked states from defunding abortion providers.
    Published guidance to block Obamacare money from supporting abortion.

Helping veterans

Signed the Veterans Accountability and Whistleblower Protection Act to allow senior officials in the Department of Veterans Affairs to fire failing employees and establish safeguards to protect whistleblowers.
    Signed the Veterans Appeals Improvement and Modernization Act.
    Signed the Harry W. Colmery Veterans Educational Assistance Act, to provide support.
    Signed the VA Choice and Quality Employment Act of 2017 to authorize $2.1 billion in additional funds for the Veterans Choice Program.
    Created a VA hotline.
    Had the VA launch an online “Access and Quality Tool,” providing veterans with a way to access wait time and quality of care data.
    With VA Secretary Dr. David Shulkin, announced three initiatives to expand access to healthcare for veterans using telehealth technology.

Promoting peace through strength

Directed the rebuilding of the military and ordered a new national strategy and nuclear posture review.
    Worked to increase defense spending.
    Empowered military leaders to “seize the initiative and win,” reducing the need for a White House sign off on every mission.
    Directed the revival of the National Space Council to develop space war strategies.
    Elevated U.S. Cyber Command into a major warfighting command.
    Withdrew from the U.N. Global Compact on Migration, which Trump saw as a threat to borders.
    Imposed a travel ban on nations that lack border and anti-terrorism security.
    Saw ISIS lose virtually all of its territory.
    Pushed for strong action against global outlaw North Korea and its development of nuclear weapons.
    Announced a new Afghanistan strategy that strengthens support for U.S. forces at war with terrorism.
    NATO increased support for the war in Afghanistan.
    Approved a new Iran strategy plan focused on neutralizing the country’s influence in the region.
    Ordered missile strikes against a Syrian airbase used in a chemical weapons attack.
    Prevented subsequent chemical attacks by announcing a plan to detect them better and warned of future strikes if they were used.
    Ordered new sanctions on the dictatorship in Venezuela.

Restoring confidence in and respect for America

Trump won the release of Americans held abroad, often using his personal relationships with world leaders.
    Made good on a campaign promise to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.
    Conducted a historic 12-day trip through Asia, winning new cooperative deals. On the trip, he attended three regional summits to promote American interests.
    He traveled to the Middle East and Europe to build new relationships with leaders.
    Traveled to Poland and on to Germany for the G-20 meeting where he pushed again for funding of women entrepreneurs.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/year-one-list-81-major-trump-achievements-11-obama-legacy-items-repealed/article/2644159

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2018, 07:03:05 pm »
Oh yeah? Donny has been way busier than Zero this last year.....

Okay, Frank.

I am no Obama fan, by any means, but....

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2010/jan/19/barack-obama-key-events

Also, NBC had a chart of accomplishments vs. 1st year from Kennedy to Trump.
Like I said, the things are verifiable.
Did Trump do better things than Obama? Of course!
But more things, no.

The question was about whether or not Trump has lied since he has been in office.
The answer is yes, but haven't they all?

Like I said, I'd rather these fools do less than more, anyway.

[/b]

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/year-one-list-81-major-trump-achievements-11-obama-legacy-items-repealed/article/2644159
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 07:04:10 pm by GrouchoTex »

Offline Concerned

« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2018, 07:31:00 pm »
Because the word on what a fraud this book is hasn't fully gotten out yet. That is why the publisher shoveled this turd out the door early instead of when it was supposed to be released. It was shaping up to be a disaster.

BTW, the number 2 best seller on Amazon is this....

https://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-books-Amazon/zgbs/books/ref=zg_bs_unv_b_1_2712_3

Don't look like anyone other than shut ins and Communists are buying books after Christmas.

Here’s the link to what I found that listed various formats of this book as 1, 2, 3. It’s obviously popular.

https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Books/zgbs/books/283155/ref=zg_bsnr_tab_t_bs

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2018, 09:07:03 pm »
Regardless of what we think of Trump and even whether or not this is true, the fact is that the deep state/left is pulling out all stops to end this presidency in an extra-Constitutional way.

There hasn't been anything I've seen so far that shows anything actionable.  The meeting with the Russian attorney was a politically novice mistake, but they never gained anything from it nor did they give anything away.

We already knew Trump.was petulant, clannish, and paranoid.  If anything, this will just drive him more inward and reliant/trusting of family members who have no political and little practical experience. 
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline ConservativeGranny

« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2018, 02:30:47 am »
@txradioguy
Perhaps, but do we really want this stuff coming out of the White House under ANY President?   Regardless you're taking the word of a guy who is a proven liar, that being Wolff.

The same could be said about Donald Trump. People are missing the point here. The author says he has tapes. If true then he can produce them if anything is disputed. He admits that he doesn't know for sure if people were being truthful or not. Isn't that the case in any interview? You print what they say. But the bigger point I think of the book is that what people are quoted as saying in the book is not a surprise. I think Jonah Goldberg just published a piece about this book being an open secret. Most people (including many of his supporters) know that Trump is not fit for the job of POTUS but nobody will do anything about it. What people are quoted as saying about Trump is completely believable because we have seen it ourselves.

I have yet to read the book. I have only read excerpts but IMO this book should be an "in your face" moment for those who know who Trump really is but because he is playing for "their team" are willing to overlook what should be obvious.

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2018, 02:55:28 am »
Three whole hours?   Damn son, I've had longer morning constitutions than that.  And a damn sight more interesting than the crap you wrote.

Damn Wing! Eat a salad every once in a while!
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2018, 12:38:35 pm »
Damn Wing! Eat a salad every once in a while!

Rabbit food?  I'll have none of that!  If you ever see me with arugula on my fork, stab me with it.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2018, 06:12:46 pm »
There would have been one easy way to put this to bed, release the White House visitor logs.

Our side LOVED those logs when Obama was President as it revealed much about him and who he met with.

Too bad Trump put an end to releasing those logs.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump-will-not-release-white-house-visitor-logs/article/2620305