Author Topic: Breitbart owners contemplate cutting Steve Bannon loose: Report  (Read 1426 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Breitbart owners contemplate cutting Steve Bannon loose: Report
« on: January 04, 2018, 11:30:51 pm »
Breitbart owners contemplate cutting Steve Bannon loose: Report
by Naomi Lim | Jan 4, 2018, 5:30 PM

Breitbart News board members are considering ousting former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon as executive chairman of the conservative website after incendiary quotes Bannon gave for a tell-all book about the Trump administration were made public, according to a report.

Members of Breitbart News Network LLC's board are supportive of the move to mitigate damage caused to the brand following President Trump's combative reaction to the excerpts from Michael Wolff's forthcoming book, "Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House,” a person familiar with the exchanges told the Wall Street Journal.

Bannon is quoted in the excerpts, released Wednesday, making unflattering remarks about Trump and his family.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/breitbart-owners-contemplate-cutting-steve-bannon-loose-report/article/2645020
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Breitbart owners contemplate cutting Steve Bannon loose: Report
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 11:34:07 pm »
I'm seeing Bannon take whatever coin he makes from the book plus whatever he's got now and disappearing from the political scene.

Or, he could be far stupider than I think he is.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 11:36:48 pm »
I'm seeing Bannon take whatever coin he makes from the book plus whatever he's got now and disappearing from the political scene.

Or, he could be far stupider than I think he is.

Bannon is loaded. He was a JP Morgan hack for years and doesn't need the money. What he does want he can't buy....attention and importance. He will have neither in his life.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 11:37:31 pm »
Not sure I believe a "report" with unnamed sources. 

But if true and Bannon could be cut loose, maybe Breitbart could go back to the way it was under Andrew.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2018, 11:42:06 pm »
Larry Elder was saying how Bannon interviewed with a leftist journalist, this is mistake one these people are making, at least, guard your words if one does that.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2018, 11:43:51 pm »
I'm seeing Bannon take whatever coin he makes from the book ..

This is not his book. 

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2018, 11:51:17 pm »
The 1st cut is the deepest. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2018, 11:51:50 pm »
Bannon is loaded. He was a JP Morgan hack for years and doesn't need the money. ....

Wow, he is.  According to Forbes from last year:  White House Chief Strategist Stephen Bannon, among President Donald Trump’s most intimate advisors, is worth between $9.5 million and $48 million, according to newly released financial disclosures.     https://www.forbes.com/sites/maddieberg/2017/04/01/steve-bannon-worth-as-much-as-48-million-blockbuster-filings-reveal/#6ec2ea221f59

Quite a spread ... but even if you go with the mid-point, Bannon will have a roof over his head and food on the table.   ^-^

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2018, 11:55:05 pm »

But if true and Bannon could be cut loose, maybe Breitbart could go back to the way it was under Andrew.

I doubt it..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2018, 12:32:40 am »

Let's not kid ourselves. Breitbart before Breitbart died was basically Yahoo! News. It reprinted wire stories and got money because he was friends with Matt Drudge and Drudge agreed to drive traffic to Breitbart.

Breitbart didn't become anything original until after he died—and conveniently, Bannon and company had a whole new layout perfectly ready for launch right when Andrew kicked the bucket.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline WingNot

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2018, 12:39:22 am »
Let's not kid ourselves. Breitbart before Breitbart died was basically Yahoo! News. It reprinted wire stories and got money because he was friends with Matt Drudge and Drudge agreed to drive traffic to Breitbart.

Breitbart didn't become anything original until after he died—and conveniently, Bannon and company had a whole new layout perfectly ready for launch right when Andrew kicked the bucket.

That post confirms myprevious concerns about your mental stability.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2018, 12:52:50 am »

I disagree. 

After Breitbart died, his site went all to hell.  What was so original about a site that became a propaganda arm for Trump?  Goebbels turned media into a shill for Hitler decades earlier. 

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2018, 07:34:33 pm »
I disagree. 

After Breitbart died, his site went all to hell.  What was so original about a site that became a propaganda arm for Trump?  Goebbels turned media into a shill for Hitler decades earlier.
Breitbart before Breitbart died was nothing of consequence. Breitbart didn't become the ridiculous site we know it as until Breitbart died. But it was never this monumental effort of conservatism.

It was a wire rehash site that Bannon and company turned into a shill outlet.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2018, 07:54:42 pm »
I disagree. 

Agreed, Breitbart had actual writers, investigating and reporting. Many of those writers quit and started to report on what was going on behind the scenes of Brietbart only to be accused of sour grapes and shouted down.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2018, 08:11:34 pm »
Breitbart before Breitbart died was nothing of consequence. Breitbart didn't become the ridiculous site we know it as until Breitbart died. But it was never this monumental effort of conservatism.

It was a wire rehash site that Bannon and company turned into a shill outlet.

I don't know about wire rehash.  During the Obama reign, all media -- even Fox -- was careful not to report anything negative about Der Fuehrer. You might get something from overseas media and Breitbart might have repeated some stories.  But Breitbart was a reliable source of information you wouldn't get from the alphabet networks or cable. 

Now it just disseminates pro-Trump propaganda.

BassWrangler

« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2018, 08:18:18 pm »
Bannon is loaded. He was a JP Morgan hack for years and doesn't need the money. What he does want he can't buy....attention and importance. He will have neither in his life.

He looks more like hookers and bourbon are what makes him happy.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2018, 08:19:10 pm »

I hope you are right, but a lot of the people who had left since his death, say the don't want to come back.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2018, 08:24:02 pm »
Wow, he is.  According to Forbes from last year:  White House Chief Strategist Stephen Bannon, among President Donald Trump’s most intimate advisors, is worth between $9.5 million and $48 million, according to newly released financial disclosures.     https://www.forbes.com/sites/maddieberg/2017/04/01/steve-bannon-worth-as-much-as-48-million-blockbuster-filings-reveal/#6ec2ea221f59

Quite a spread ... but even if you go with the mid-point, Bannon will have a roof over his head and food on the table.   ^-^

And he shows no signs of spending on health & hygiene, physical activities, wardrobe, etc.  I believe he just demonstrated the Peter Principle.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline WingNot

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2018, 08:26:28 pm »
And he shows no signs of spending on health & hygiene, physical activities, wardrobe, etc.  I believe he just demonstrated the Peter Principle.

His Cocaine habit must be expensive.  But then the purpose of buying cocaine is to run out of it.  With that kinda money He has a few months left till that happens.

BassWrangler

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2018, 09:13:14 pm »
His Cocaine habit must be expensive.  But then the purpose of buying cocaine is to run out of it.  With that kinda money He has a few months left till that happens.

He’s too overweight to be on cocaine.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline Frank Cannon

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member