Author Topic: Sean Spicer: 'I Screwed Up' as Press Secretary  (Read 420 times)

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Sean Spicer: 'I Screwed Up' as Press Secretary
« on: January 04, 2018, 11:22:14 pm »
Really.  He hid it so well.

President Donald Trump’s former press secretary Sean Spicer admitted Thursday that he “screwed up” in some of his White House press briefings.

“There were times where I screwed up. There’s no question about,” Spicer tells HLN’s S.E. Cupp in an interview that will air Thursday evening.

“The inauguration. You brought it up. I would say that’s first and foremost,” Spicer continued. “There was an event where I was trying to talk about how evil [Bashar] Assad was, and I screwed that up royally.”

Spicer, who resigned as press secretary in August, was referring to a briefing he gave the day after the inauguration where he insisted, falsely, that Trump had “the largest audience to ever witness an inauguration, period, both in person and around the globe.”

The second “screw-up” Spicer referenced occurred in an April briefing in which he compared Syrian President Bashar al-Assad to Nazi leader Adolf Hitler, falsely claiming that “even Hitler didn’t sink to using chemical weapons” on his own people during World War II.

http://people.com/politics/sean-spicer-screwed-up-white-house-press-secretary/

"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline ConservativeGranny

Re: Sean Spicer: 'I Screwed Up' as Press Secretary
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 01:30:30 am »
His first mistake was taking the job in the first place.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 01:33:39 am »
His first mistake was taking the job in the first place.

Ah.. I Love the smell of Napalm in the morning.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 01:34:35 am by Fantom »
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline corbe

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2018, 01:36:50 am »
                               Thank You Sean

We at TBR were on this Pie thing weeks before the White House picked up on it.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.