Author Topic: Wolff on book's early release date: 'Thank you, Mr. President'  (Read 817 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Wolff on book's early release date: 'Thank you, Mr. President'
« on: January 04, 2018, 09:55:31 pm »
Wolff on book's early release date: 'Thank you, Mr. President'
By Brett Samuels - 01/04/18 04:30 PM EST

Author Michael Wolff thanked President Trump on Thursday after attention from the White House helped prompt Wolff’s publisher to accelerate the release of his new book about the Trump administration.

"You can buy it (and read it) tomorrow. Thank you, Mr. President," Wolff tweeted.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/media/367491-wolff-on-books-early-release-date-thank-you-mr-president
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline RoosGirl

Re: Wolff on book's early release date: 'Thank you, Mr. President'
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 09:59:01 pm »
"You can buy it (and read it) tomorrow. Thank you, Mr. President," Wolff tweeted.

LOL  Poetic.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 10:06:32 pm »
Having the President of the United States promote your book (either intentionally or unintentionally) certainly won’t hurt sales.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 10:14:40 pm »
Having the President of the United States promote your book (either intentionally or unintentionally) certainly won’t hurt sales.

Who is gonna buy it?  Rats never spend their own money on such things as books.  Maybe the Never Trumpers here at Briefiers Land will log onto Amazon.com and preorder it.

"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2018, 10:17:14 pm »
Who is gonna buy it?  Rats never spend their own money on such things as books.  Maybe the Never Trumpers here at Briefiers Land will log onto Amazon.com and preorder it.

:thumbsup:

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2018, 10:19:05 pm »

So that's like 5 sales??

Offline Concerned

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2018, 10:22:11 pm »

Apparently plenty of folks want to buy it because pre-sales alone have made it number 1 on both Amazon and Barnes and Noble:

"Publisher Henry Holt & Co. said it is moving up its release of a new book about President Donald Trump’s administration to Friday, amid a backlash from the White House and surging interest in the title.

The book, “Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House” by Michael Wolff, was originally scheduled to go on sale Jan. 9, but Henry Holt said in a statement that it advanced the release date “due to unprecedented demand.”

The book rocketed to No. 1 on the bestseller lists at Amazon.com and BarnesandNoble.com after excerpts surfaced in news reports this week. Several retailers have reported robust preorders."

Indications are that there's plenty of demand for this book.  Given that more folks didn't vote for Trump than who did, I'm not surprised there is strong demand.  I suspect the more the White House condemns it, the higher the demand will be.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/publisher-henry-holt-rides-surge-of-interest-over-trump-book-1515096609
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2018, 10:22:17 pm »
So that's like 5 sales??

plus the 12 more when you count the orders from ChosenGirl and Cathrinefromarmagedon
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2018, 10:30:53 pm »
I no longer read children's books...and that includes books about children.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Silver Pines

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2018, 03:41:45 pm »
plus the 12 more when you count the orders from ChosenGirl and Cathrinefromarmagedon

@Wingnut

Ooh, I LIKE that.  I give you permission to call me that from now on. 

I’m going to get it and read it and have fun doing it.

Every

crazy

gossipy

juicy

drop.

If that agitates you, maybe you can stop taking your Metamucil, so a good time will be had by all.