Author Topic: Our world: The Iranian explosion of truth By Caroline B. Glick January 1, 2018  (Read 634 times)

Offline Blizzardnh

There are many reasons to fear that the protests will fail to achieve their goal of overthrowing the regime.
If the Iranian regime is unable to brutally stomp out the countrywide protests raging through the country, and if the protesters achieve their goal of bringing down the regime, they will go down in history as the saviors of millions of people not just in Iran but throughout the world.

Given the earth shattering potential of the protests it is extraordinary to see the liberal media in the US and Europe struggle to downplay their significance.

Aside from a lukewarm statement on Twitter from British Foreign Minister Boris Johnson, as of Monday morning – five days into the protests – no senior European official had spoken in favor of the hundreds of thousands of Iranians marching throughout their country demanding freedom.

In the US, former members of the Obama administration and the liberal media have determinedly downplayed the importance of the protests. They have insisted that President Donald Trump should stop openly supporting the protesters and so adopt former president Barack Obama’s policy of effectively siding with the Iranian regime against the Iranian people who seek its overthrow.

These talking points have been pushed out into the media echo chamber by Obama’s former deputy national security adviser and strategic communications chief Ben Rhodes, his former national security adviser Susan Rice and former secretary of state John Kerry.
 more . http://www.jpost.com/Opinion/Our-world-The-Iranian-explosion-of-truth-522581

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Sounds good on paper.  It always sounds good on paper.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I just hope this isn't a sleight of hand, to get us into a two-front war.

Last thing we need with a less than stellar military is Iran and North Korea doing a 'striptease'.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I just hope this isn't a sleight of hand, to get us into a two-front war. ....

Agree @DCPatriot   Glick's been known to push for US involvement as a proxy for Israel in a war with Iran. 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I just hope this isn't a sleight of hand, to get us into a two-front war.

Last thing we need with a less than stellar military is Iran and North Korea doing a 'striptease'.

I don't trust the Iranians, neither the government nor the people.  I remember the '70s, when I got to know a few in college.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I don't trust the Iranians, neither the government nor the people.  I remember the '70s, when I got to know a few in college.

I don't know what you're specifically referring to, but it seems to me that at least the Iranian people were part of the world before the revolution.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I don't know what you're specifically referring to, but it seems to me that at least the Iranian people were part of the world before the revolution.

The expat students in American Universities were a PITA.  They were very supportive of the radical Revolution, and sprayed a lot of anti-Shah graffiti on the campus.  They wanted to join the Revolution, and they got their wish when their tuition checks all bounced because Carter froze their assets, thus causing their Visas to be voided.

They were surprised, I am sure, when they found out they took themselves to the stone age.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 04:08:33 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

I had a select Iranian real estate clientele just after the fall/exile of the Shah.

My initial client's circle-of-influence including several military generals who fled the country.  That was circa 1979-1989.

He was a businessman, friendly to the Pahlavi family...who reportedly transacted deals involving Boeing 707's full of Polaroid cameras, etc., between the time it entered Iranian airspace and the time the wheels touched down.

Literally.    BEFORE it came to a stop.

...to this day, have a fondness for bowls of fresh fruit in the center of the kitchen table.

The stories I had translated for me....LOL!

One was a story of a village wife who reached the end of her rope with her drunken husband coming home broke, and decided to teach him a lesson by calling the military, who were sent in to bring back law and order.

When he didn't return home after the weekend, she walked to the police station to inquire his whereabouts..., they were told that he'd been shot.

They all laughed.   To this day, still not sure if it was fable.   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Sounds like something they'd do, except for the taking of the woman's word on it.
I will NOT comply.