Author Topic: WaPo’s Tumulty: ‘Every Fifth Grader Could Tell You That Climate Change Refers to Unpredictable Weath  (Read 2643 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

On Friday’s broadcast of MSNBC’s “Andrea Mitchell Reports,” Washington Post National Political Correspondent Karen Tumulty reacted to President Trump’s tweet about global warming by stating the president is poking his critics and “every fifth grader could tell you that climate change refers to unpredictable weather patterns.”

Tumulty said, “I think what we think — what we’ve come to understand is he’s not going to stop doing it and that these tweets are not going to settle down into something that resembles sort of a more normal style of presidential communication. And I think that this — these tweets today certainly fit right into that. I mean, every fifth grader could tell you that climate change refers to unpredictable weather patterns. We’re coming out of a year when Houston and Puerto Rico were under water, California was on fire. You’ve got to assume that he is essentially just kind of poking a stick at his critics.”
http://www.breitbart.com/video/2017/12/29/wapos-tumulty-every-fifth-grader-could-tell-you-that-climate-change-refers-to-unpredictable-weather-patterns/
Well, my father was a meteorologist with the US Weather Bureau for most of his life and was unable at all times to accurately predict the weather.

It was not due to 'climate change'.  It was due to an inability to predict the weather.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online mountaineer

climate change refers to unpredictable weather patterns
That's what they say now, having had their "global warming" predictions fail. Now it's just changing weather patterns, which is what weather/climate has always been and ever will be.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
It’s not unpredictable to say hurricanes will form in the Atlantic every year and that California will have a dry season where underbrush is a fire hazard.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online mountaineer

Generally speaking, for many of us in North American, winter is cold (like today) and summer is hot. Sometimes there are exceptions. For specifics on these broad generalizations, we call on our local TV weatherman.  ^-^

Offline musiclady

We got a hint from Scripture....

John 3:8 8 The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going......

You can try hard, but you can't predict the weather because it basically does "what it pleases."

We have weather now, just like we have always had.  The silliness of global warming (now climate change), and the refusal of the left to admit defeat in this area, are the only things that are entirely predictable.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Applewood

Sure, every fifth grader can recite the mantra of man-made climate change.  It's drummed into their heads by our commie public school system.

Offline musiclady

Sure, every fifth grader can recite the mantra of man-made climate change.  It's drummed into their heads by our commie public school system.

The salient point.

The indoctrination begins very early, and never lets up.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline edpc

We have weather now, just like we have always had.

Climate changes have also been the norm, as well.  North of me, in the Dakotas, fossils of dinosaurs and tropical life can be found.  It was also covered in glacial ice, at one point.

Here in Kansas, we have a formation left over from a time when the great plains were an inland sea.  These events have and will occur with or without us. 

« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 03:31:44 pm by edpc »

Offline Forum member

Mine can't... Home schooled.

Online mountaineer

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Generally speaking, for many of us in North American, winter is cold (like today) and summer is hot. Sometimes there are exceptions. For specifics on these broad generalizations, we call on our local TV weatherman.  ^-^

In weather It always has been and always will be, the Hippy Dippy Weatherman with the Hippy Dippy weather man.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Applewood

Mine can't... Home schooled.

"Zactly!"  Public schools indoctrinate.  They don't teach. 

What's sad is that every fifth grader can repeat the climate change nonsense they learn in school, but many of them can't do simple math.  That climate change indoctrination might give them a career as an "activist," but they won't have the skills to get a real job in the real world.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
The "thinking" is at a fifth grade level.

Offline dfwgator

In weather It always has been and always will be, the Hippy Dippy Weatherman with the Hippy Dippy weather man.

"Here's a partial score: Notre Dame 6."

Offline edpc

From when I actually was in 5th grade.....

The Ice Age that never was.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 04:59:30 pm by edpc »

Offline WingNot

"Let’s take a look at the radar.... Thunderstorms expected tonight. I also see it’s picking up a couple of Russian North Korean ICBMs heading this way, so I wouldn’t sweat those thunderstorms."
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 04:54:59 pm by Wingnut »

Offline Applewood

From when I actually was in 5th grade.....

The 2nd ice age scare goes back a lot farther than that.  I was born in the 1950s and I remember being told about it in elementary school.  I don't think I was indoctrinated in the hoax because I blew it off then as I do now.  The brainwashing didn't take effect.

Offline Applewood

Tonight's forecast:  Dark. 

Continued dark tonight, then changing to partly light by morning.

RIP George Carlin.

Offline andy58-in-nh

"We’re so self-important. Everybody’s going to save something now. 'Save the trees, save the bees, save the whales, save those snails.' And the greatest arrogance of all: save the planet. Save the planet, we don’t even know how to take care of ourselves yet. I’m tired of this sh*t. I’m tired of f-ing Earth Day. I’m tired of these self-righteous environmentalists, these white, bourgeois liberals who think the only thing wrong with this country is that there aren’t enough bicycle paths." 

- George Carlin.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline WingNot

RIP George Carlin.

"Have you ever noticed that you never get laid on Thanksgiving? I think it's because all the coats are on the bed."

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Last winter, after a long fall into December, and a very short cold spell, it started warming up in mid-January and mostly stayed warm the rest of the winter, including a whole week at nearly 70 degrees in Feburary.

All that of course was a indisputable sign of global warming. Now this winter it's an ice box, and that is also global warming.

Which means every winter we've had since the dawn of time was global warming.
The Republic is lost.

Offline LadyLiberty

The 2nd ice age scare goes back a lot farther than that.  I was born in the 1950s and I remember being told about it in elementary school.  I don't think I was indoctrinated in the hoax because I blew it off then as I do now.  The brainwashing didn't take effect.

My Dad was born in 32, and he remembers the Weekly Reader warning them that we would be out of oil by the 70's.  When I was in grade school, the Weekly Reader warned us about the upcoming ice and the death of the oceans.  Well before now, all of the plankton were supposed to die off, getting rid of the #1 source of oxygen.  We were all going to suffocate!

Offline WingNot

Well before now, all of the plankton were supposed to die off, getting rid of the #1 source of oxygen.  We were all going to suffocate!

That's the great thing about plankton. It pretty much keeps to itself.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Throughout my life, the litany has always been the same: We are all going to die and it is our fault because we won't give liberals more control over our lives.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 06:33:11 pm by Restored »
Countdown to Resignation

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

From a best selling book, "The Population Bomb," Paul Erlich. 1968

Predicted a coming ice age, caused by overpopulation.

"Claims: In 1968, Paul R. Ehrlich wrote The Population Bomb and declared that the battle to feed humanity had been lost and that there would be a major food shortage in the US. “In the 1970s … hundreds of millions are going to starve to death,” and by the 1980s most of the world’s important resources would be depleted. He forecast that 65 million Americans would die of starvation between 1980-1989 and that by 1999, the US population would decline to 22.6 million. The problems in the US would be relatively minor compared to those in the rest of the world. (Ehrlich, Paul R. The Population Bomb. New York, Ballantine Books, 1968.) New Scientist magazine underscored his speech in an editorial titled “In Praise of Prophets.”

Claim: “By the year 2000 the United Kingdom will be simply a small group of impoverished islands, inhabited by some 70 million hungry people … If I were a gambler, I would take even money that England will not exist in the year 2000.” Paul Ehrlich, Speech at British Institute For Biology, September 1971.

Claim: Ehrlich wrote in 1968, “I have yet to meet anyone familiar with the situation who thinks India will be self-sufficient in food by 1971, if ever.”
Data: Yet in a only few years India was exporting food and significantly changed its food production capacity. Ehrlich must have noted this because in the 1971 version of his book this comment is deleted (Julian Simon, The Ultimate Resource, Princeton: Princeton Univesity Press, 1981, p. 64)."

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln