Author Topic: Trump: Even If There Was Collusion With Russia, 'It’s Not A Crime’  (Read 722 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
President Trump in a new interview denied any collusion between his 2016 presidential campaign and Russia, adding “even if there was, it’s not a crime.”

Speaking to The New York Times Thursday, Trump praised lawyer Alan Dershowitz, who has argued that Trump’s firing of former FBI Director James Comey was not obstruction of justice because Trump has the right to fire the head of the bureau.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/366746-trump-even-if-there-was-collusion-with-russia-its-not-a-crime

I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline edpc

One of President Trump’s lawyers, Jay Sekulow, said earlier this month that it didn’t matter if members of the Trump campaign colluded with Russia because “there is no crime of collusion.”

Not really sure I would go with the ‘I didn’t do anything wrong, but even if I did, I didn’t do anything wrong’ defense.

Offline goodwithagun

One of President Trump’s lawyers, Jay Sekulow, said earlier this month that it didn’t matter if members of the Trump campaign colluded with Russia because “there is no crime of collusion.”

Not really sure I would go with the ‘I didn’t do anything wrong, but even if I did, I didn’t do anything wrong’ defense.

We have a large population of mental health patients roaming the streets, and this is how my husband gets them to admit to arson. He’ll tell them, “Okay, if you would have done it, how would you have done it?” After a Mountain Dew and a few peanut butter cups, they start saying “I did” instead of “I would have.” Oldest trick in the book.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
I see Trumpers on Twitter spouting that if the Kremlin is willing to help MAGA its a good thing.

I'm sure there is nothing Putin wants more than to make America great again.

Morons.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Exactly..he is feeding the beast!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

Sekulow has a fallback position.....

Offline Concerned

The more I hear from and about the President's legal team, the more I think he really needs better legal counsel.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline goodwithagun

The more I hear from and about the President's legal team, the more I think he really needs better legal counsel.

Nonsense. He only hires the best people  :silly: :silly: :silly:
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Night Hides Not

Nonsense. He only hires the best people  :silly: :silly: :silly:

We simply don't understand six dimensional chess.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.