Author Topic: Newt Gingrich: ‘The stage is being set’ for GOP landslide in 2018  (Read 756 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 By Jessica Chasmar - The Washington Times - Thursday, December 28, 2017

Newt Gingrich said Thursday that Democrats are headed for a major political upset in 2018, mostly due to the mainstream media’s dishonesty and the party’s inability to learn from its own mistakes.

“The great political surprise of 2018 will be the size of the Republican victory,” the former Republican House Speaker wrote in a column for Fox News. “After members of the elite media have spent two years savaging President Trump, lying about Republican legislation, and reassuring themselves that Republican defeat was inevitable, the size of the GOP victory in 2018 will be an enormous shock.”

Mr. Gingrich said the most glaring example of “fake news” is the media’s handling of the GOP’s Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, which he said will be “the 2018 proving ground of media liberal bias and dishonesty.”

more
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/dec/28/newt-gingrich-the-stage-is-being-set-for-gop-lands/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
"“If Republicans can learn to tell the truth??? :rolling: better than the elite media and Democrats lie, the GOP will win an astonishing victory in 2018,” Mr. Gingrich concluded."

Therein lies the rub.

The Party itself is still infested with 'Bipartisans'.

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"“If Republicans can learn to tell the truth??? :rolling: better than the elite media and Democrats lie, the GOP will win an astonishing victory in 2018,” Mr. Gingrich concluded."

Therein lies the rub.

:amen:  :amen: and  :amen:  Couldn't have said it any better myself!   :beer:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Some say Newton Gingrich is a great asset to the Grand Old Party. Personally I believe they are off by two letters.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Therein lies the rub.

True.  Here's hoping the President's meeting with McConnell and Ryan at Camp David helps to point the 2018 needle in the right
direction.   

« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 08:32:13 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
For anyone to make such a prediction so early before the mid-terms is quite foolish. Secondly, I believe that it gives voters a feeling of false security and may make them complacent and feel it not necessary to vote.  Same thing in part happened when people like Karl Rove proclaimed Mitt's victory over Bammy with all his polling data and charts long before the election. The DEMS will continue with their witch hunt, false accusations and smear tactics ... IMHO Gingrich should be warning people NOT to underestimate the depths that the DEMS will go to win.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline jpsb

If and it is a very big if. If these investigations into the DOJ and FBI expose how the Obama
administration turned federal law enforcement into a weapon to be used on political enemies.
The 2018 election will be blood bath for democrats. In a few months the Inspector General for
DOJ releases his finding and the GOP Congress appears to be digging in. It is going to be a
very interesting 2018.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

For anyone to make such a prediction so early before the mid-terms is quite foolish. Secondly, I believe that it gives voters a feeling of false security and may make them complacent and feel it not necessary to vote.  Same thing in part happened when people like Karl Rove proclaimed Mitt's victory over Bammy with all his polling data and charts long before the election. The DEMS will continue with their witch hunt, false accusations and smear tactics ... IMHO Gingrich should be warning people NOT to underestimate the depths that the DEMS will go to win.

Prudent advice.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
While it's a bit early to be making predictions, this is something definitely to consider and if history repeats itself in 2018, we could very easily lose the House.  7 Representatives are retiring, which isn't a  good thing at all.

Key races for control of the House as Democrats take slight edge into 2018

............ Midterm elections tend to strongly favor the party out of the White House. The president's party has lost House seats in 35 of the 38 midterm elections since the Civil War. In midterms when the president's approval rating has been lower than 50 percent, the president's party has lost an average of 40 House seats — far more than the 24 Democrats need for the majority in 2018.

Of course, Republicans benefit from the fact there are far fewer competitive House seats than there used to be. Thanks to voters' self-sorting and redistricting, the number of "swing seats" has declined 56 percent since 1997. However, Trump's approval rating is also lower than Bill Clinton's was when Democrats lost 52 seats in 1994 and Obama's was when Democrats lost 63 seats in 2010. ........

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/key-races-control-house-democrats-take-slight-edge-2018-n832806
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 02:35:29 am by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
A lot can happen between now and next November.

If Newt really wants to score a victory commensurate with the one that he engineered back in 1994, he should start putting together a new ensemble of potential legislation to be passed by a Republican majority in 2019.

Call it, for lack of something else right now, a "Contract to KEEP America Great" ...