Author Topic: Roy Moore alleges voter fraud, files challenge to election defeat  (Read 16147 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Roy Moore alleges voter fraud, files challenge to election defeat
« Reply #275 on: December 31, 2017, 11:16:13 pm »
Mods? We don need no stinking Mods.

888high58888

And no safe spaces either! 

Welcome home @Wingnut
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #276 on: December 31, 2017, 11:19:39 pm »
888high58888

And no safe spaces either! 

Welcome home @Wingnut

Muchas gracias Big guy! :happyny:
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #277 on: December 31, 2017, 11:20:00 pm »
Roy Moore is not a person that we should admire. That became apparent when he as Alabama Chief Justice refused to obey the law back in the beginning of this millennium.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #278 on: December 31, 2017, 11:26:06 pm »
Roy Moore is not a person that we should admire. That became apparent when he as Alabama Chief Justice refused to obey the law back in the beginning of this millennium.

And people who continue to spout that lie aren't so great either.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #279 on: December 31, 2017, 11:33:04 pm »
Is there any way we can get these Moore obsessed people to stop.

We'll stop commenting when he stops putting himself in the news with challenges and absurd requests for a new election.

I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #280 on: December 31, 2017, 11:43:19 pm »

We'll stop commenting when he stops putting himself in the news with challenges and absurd requests for a new election.

Whether one loves him or hates him (or somewhere in between), as long as there are news stories about him he's going to be topical.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 11:43:49 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #281 on: December 31, 2017, 11:46:05 pm »

:silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

I love the irony that Roy is going to court to have something overridden.

@kevindavis

I can't figure out of that qualifies as poetic justice or irony.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #282 on: December 31, 2017, 11:46:34 pm »

Ve haff vays of makink you stop talkink.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #284 on: December 31, 2017, 11:59:32 pm »
I'm certain you missed my point.

The irony however, is abundantly rich.

Well, I guess you should work on your communications skills then, because I'm quite perceptive.

And that's not even close to being ironic.  ^-^
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #285 on: January 01, 2018, 12:01:40 am »
Mods? We don need no stinking Mods.

Preach it!!   :headbang:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #286 on: January 01, 2018, 12:19:06 am »

Ah Yes.

We should eschew and vilify those who refuse to uphold diktats from a federal court that has no authority to create rights or laws out of thin air that contravene the law of a sovereign state that was in existence before the federal court decided to declare state laws null and void.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #287 on: January 01, 2018, 12:43:24 am »
Who says we cant?
I may be dressed like a witch, And weigh the same as a duck, but this is not my real nose

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #288 on: January 01, 2018, 12:44:04 am »
Ah Yes.

We should eschew and vilify those who refuse to uphold diktats from a federal court that has no authority to create rights or laws out of thin air that contravene the law of a sovereign state that was in existence before the federal court decided to declare state laws null and void.

What are you talking about? Defying the law has nothing to do with defying the 10 Commandments.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #289 on: January 01, 2018, 12:51:11 am »
Ah Yes.....

diktats

Yet another thing I didn't need to know about Roy, but I'm not surprised.  Is the ink half black and half blue?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 12:52:29 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Silver Pines

« Reply #290 on: January 01, 2018, 12:54:26 am »
Because I am sure, like most horses, that one is used to having cameras and microphones and stuff shoved at it from literally every direction. Go for a wider shot and you will likely see it is surrounded. Even some of the best show horses get skittish under such circumstances.

@Smokin Joe

Horses perform competently in all sorts of situations, including riots when ridden by cops. 

But if it truly was the case that Sassy was too skittish for the circumstances, one of two things are true:  Moore was too stupid and inexperienced to know it, or he knew and didn't care because his stunt took precedence. 

« Reply #291 on: January 01, 2018, 12:54:37 am »
My opinions were based on the words coming directly from his mouth, those defending him, and his behavior as a candidate.

SO!  You admit you don't have pictures, or video, eyewitness( other than the victims ),  or even a courtroom sketch artist's depiction showing Moore molesting little girls.  It must not have happened.  All crimes are committed in front of witnesses and cameras.

Silver Pines

« Reply #292 on: January 01, 2018, 12:58:15 am »
Is there any way we can get these Moore obsessed people to stop.  I haven't tried praying yet.

Mods.  Hello?  Please.

@Emjay

Is there any way we can get you to stop dictating what people should post and discuss?

If you don't like the topic, pass by.  But you clicked on the thread to post about a topic you claim to hate.

Maybe try praying for self-discipline.

Silver Pines

« Reply #293 on: January 01, 2018, 01:00:20 am »
Speaking of idiots pretending to be cowboys, I see the Milwaukee Moron is trying to incite violence against people in the media. David Clarke tweeting that the media is going to taste their own blood.

@Cripplecreek

Clarke is seriously unhinged.  I took a look at his Twitter.  Wow.

Offline WingNot

« Reply #294 on: January 01, 2018, 01:01:36 am »
I may be dressed like a witch, And weigh the same as a duck, but this is not my real nose

Kinky.

« Reply #295 on: January 01, 2018, 01:06:41 am »
Kinky.
This may be an inappropriate time to tell you, I've missed you

Offline WingNot

« Reply #296 on: January 01, 2018, 01:15:31 am »
This may be an inappropriate time to tell you, I've missed you

Not to get to mushy...but that sentiment reminds me of the Knock Knock joke you told me when we 1st met....

sniff sniff. 

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #297 on: January 01, 2018, 01:55:28 am »
@Smokin Joe

Horses perform competently in all sorts of situations, including riots when ridden by cops. 

But if it truly was the case that Sassy was too skittish for the circumstances, one of two things are true:  Moore was too stupid and inexperienced to know it, or he knew and didn't care because his stunt took precedence.
Because all those horses are used to having people shoving cameras at them, literally from every direction? (look at the video--the horse was surrounded, especially if you consider the angle the vid was shot from. Two running up the outside to get a different angle didn't help.
Even Meidiots know enough to stay back a reasonable distance from mounted patrolmen, and no one gets up close in the show arena because they'd be in the way. His only mistake is in assuming people there would show a little horse sense, but the camera angle is more important. 

So maybe someone needs to rein in some press people for a change. But they would have had even better footage if the horse had kicked one of those idiots.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online DB

« Reply #298 on: January 01, 2018, 01:57:04 am »
Because all those horses are used to having people shoving cameras at them, literally from every direction? (look at the video--the horse was surrounded, especially if you consider the angle the vid was shot from. Two running up the outside to get a different angle didn't help.
Even Meidiots know enough to stay back a reasonable distance from mounted patrolmen, and no one gets up close in the show arena because they'd be in the way. His only mistake is in assuming people there would show a little horse sense, but the camera angle is more important. 

So maybe someone needs to rein in some press people for a change. But they would have had even better footage if the horse had kicked one of those idiots.

So who setup that media event?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #299 on: January 01, 2018, 02:02:37 am »
So who setup that media event?

I've yet to meet the politician who goes to an undisclosed location to vote for himself.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: