Author Topic: Breitbart editor now says he believed Leigh Corfman, thought Roy Moore was 'terrible'  (Read 2686 times)

Offline kevindavis007

In the final weeks of the U.S. Senate race in Alabama, Breitbart News strained to discredit Leigh Corfman, who accused Republican Roy Moore of sexually touching her when she was 14 and he was 32. The far-right website published non-scoops - Corfman didn't have a phone in her bedroom! Corfman moved in with her father 12 days after meeting Moore! - as if they somehow made her account less believable.

Now, Breitbart editor in chief Alex Marlow tells CNN that he actually did believe Corfman. Here's an excerpt from Oliver Darcy's report:

"Marlow also stressed that he was personally uncomfortable with the behavior attributed by The Post to Moore, and noted that he did believe the accusations from Leigh Corfman, who said Moore assaulted her while she was 14 - they were 'not perfect,' he said, but had 'a lot of credibility.' "

Read More: http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2017/12/breitbart_editor_now_says_he_b.html
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Silver Pines

So Breitbart’s coverage of Moore was a lie.

Is anyone still pretending that crap site is a reputable source for news?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Not me. 

Offline kevindavis007

Look at this:

EXCLUSIVE: James O’Keefe Believes Roy Moore’s Accusers Despite Attempt to Debunk Their Stories
https://www.mediaite.com/online/exclusive-james-okeefe-believes-roy-moores-accusers-despite-attempt-to-debunk-their-stories/
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline musiclady

I miss Andrew.  Since he's been gone, Breitbart has morphed into another National Enquirer or Infowars.  And the blame goes to the radical, constantly angry crazies who run it.

They really need to change the name from Breitbart.

Andrew, I'm sure, is turning over in his grave.

Breitbart is no longer anything like Breitbart was, and that's a shame.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
The Alabama election is over.

Please, God, no more Moore threads.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Silver Pines

Look at this:

EXCLUSIVE: James O’Keefe Believes Roy Moore’s Accusers Despite Attempt to Debunk Their Stories
https://www.mediaite.com/online/exclusive-james-okeefe-believes-roy-moores-accusers-despite-attempt-to-debunk-their-stories/

Wow.

As cringeworthy as his stunt was, I assumed he at least believed Moore was innocent.

Silver Pines

I miss Andrew.  Since he's been gone, Breitbart has morphed into another National Enquirer or Infowars.  And the blame goes to the radical, constantly angry crazies who run it.

@Applewood

If he could come back and see what’s happened to his namesake...man.  It wouldn’t be pretty.

Offline Frank Cannon

I am. Milo is cute.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I personally don't give one hoot in hell what Alex Marlow thinks or says about anything!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I personally don't give one hoot in hell what Alex Marlow thinks or says about anything!

We know.  You've managed to not care on more than one thread.    :shrug:
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline LottieDah

How many times did Roy Moore run for office?  Why didn't the dating young girls and alleged abuse of women come out then?  Just asking.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
How many times did Roy Moore run for office?  Why didn't the dating young girls and alleged abuse of women come out then?  Just asking.

My informed opinion is that it never happened. 
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
He didn't categorically and unconditionally deny it convincingly enough to satisfy all, even some Republicans. Who knows the reasons this never came up?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Silver Pines

@LottieDah

Probably because running for higher office attracted more scrutiny.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

At least 4 times, including US Senator.  The other 3 times, it was as judge and part of the Alabama legal system after being DA.  Perhaps you can see how that may discourage someone from coming forward.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Silver Pines

I am. Milo is cute.

@Frank Cannon

Frank.

Show us on the Rosa DeLauro doll where she hurt you.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Look at this:

Which would explain why their effort to sting the Post was so weak. They never wanted to.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 05:18:34 pm by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Same as Trump when he told Wolf Blitzer that he never believed the story about Rafael Cruz and JFK but he told it anyway because "I wanted to win".

The people screaming loudest about "fake news" are the biggest lowlife liars around.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
So, who didn't see this as the flimsiest sham attack on the face of the earth, other than me? How could you possibly believe this phony, politically motivated story?

"Conservative" media is a joke.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Same as Trump when he told Wolf Blitzer that he never believed the story about Rafael Cruz and JFK but he told it anyway because "I wanted to win".

The people screaming loudest about "fake news" are the biggest lowlife liars around.

But saying Ben Carson is dropping out in Iowa or Marco Rubio doing the same in Hawaii or saying John Kasich was receiving Soros money or saying Rubio said about the Bible, "that book has few answers" doesn't make your lowlife liars scale?   :silly: Who did all of the above?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
But saying Ben Carson is dropping out in Iowa or Marco Rubio doing the same in Hawaii or saying John Kasich was receiving Soros money or saying Rubio said about the Bible, "that book has few answers" doesn't make your lowlife liars scale?   :silly: Who did all of the above?

Trump?

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Quit spamming the board.It's getting old.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Quit spamming the board.It's getting old.

Really, really old.  And, a bit weird.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
CNN? They started the Iowa thing.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis