Author Topic: 100,000 Member Force That Helped Defeat ISIS May Turn And Target American Troops  (Read 713 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
A 100,000-member force with close ties to Iran says that now that they have helped U.S.-led coalition troops fight and defeat ISIS, they may have a new target: American troops.

The Popular Mobilization Forces (PMF), aka Hashd al-Shaabi, fought on both sides in Iraq but now they want Americans out of the country. Saif Ali, a member of the PMF’s Harakat Hezbollah al-Nujaba paramilitary, told Fox News, “America should only be here for embassy, any military presence and we will target them. I fought the Americans after 2003, and the British in southern Iraq, and I am happy about that. I don't hate the American people, only hate the U.S. military, and I have killed many of them.”

Fox News reports, “Ali is one of thousands of PMF members who also took advantage of Iran-supplied weapons and ammunition to take the lives of hundreds of U.S. troops during the insurgency that followed the invasion of Iraq.”

The PMF, a Shiite-created entity, originally was comprised of 40 different militia groups. After they fought against ISIS, Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi made them part of the Baghdad government’s security forces in November 2016.

In July 2017, Sayyid al-Shuhada, a member of the Hashd al-Shaabi forces, said a “large number” of troops were killed and wounded in U.S. airstrikes in Anbar province near the Iraq-Syria border. The group released a statement saying, “We will not be silent in the face of this incident.” The Baghdad-based spokesman of the U.S.-led coalition, Army Col. Ryan Dillon, dismissed the allegation.

Mohand al-Eqqaby, the PMF spokesman, said, “Our stand is clear. America was not there at the beginning of this ISIS crisis when we needed them most. We are strong now, and as long as we are fighting, Iraq does not need Americans on our land.”

In addition, the PMF may win seats in Iraq’s parliament, and there is genuine concern that their primary loyalty would be to Iran. Many of their members have joined Syria’s army and Lebanon’s Hezbollah forces which is troubling to some U.S. officials.

In November, CIA chief Mike Pompeo contacted Iranian Maj. Gen. Qassam Soleimani, warning him that troops loyal to Iran might attack American forces. Pompeo stated that the U.S. would hold Iran accountable for “any attacks on American interests.”

https://www.dailywire.com/news/24984/watch-your-back-soldier-100000-member-force-helped-hank-berrien
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline skeeter

I'd be happy if we left Iraq for good, now that ISIS is gone.

Right after we grease this Saif Ali character.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

My fear is that after 8 years of purposeful bungling of the stability of Iraq and Afghanistan by Obama...if we leave now we'll be back there in less than 10 years.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 03:17:18 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline jpsb

Thank you George W Bush for getting us into this mess.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Right because ridding Iraq from the likes of Saddam Hussein and taking out the terrorist camps established in the country was a bad thing.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire

It was on its way to becoming a fairly decent country which could possibly have been a light in the region.   Then Obama took over.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
It was on its way to becoming a fairly decent country which could possibly have been a light in the region.   Then Obama took over.

Bingo!

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

No, it wasn’t.  The decision by the Bush administration to bring individuals like Sistani and al-Sadr into the fold politically set everything up for the eventual mess it became.

Lebanon made the same mistake with Hezbollah.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 05:06:03 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline dfwgator

No, it wasn’t.  The decision by the Bush administration to bring individuals like Sistani and al-Sadr into the fold politically set everything up for the eventual mess it became.

Lebanon made the same mistake with Hezbollah.

Never get involved in intra-Muslim, intra-Arab conflicts,  they are all snakes.