Author Topic: Tax bill opens Alaska to oil production worth billions of dollars, strengthening America  (Read 766 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Tax bill opens Alaska to oil production worth billions of dollars, strengthening America
Fox News, Dec 21, 2017, Paul Driessen

An important provision of the tax cut legislation passed by Congress this week allows the American people to finally benefit from abundant petroleum resources that experts predict will be found in a very small area of the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge (ANWR) on Alaska’s northern coast.

The legislation directs the Interior Department to hold at least two lease sales over the next 10 years, for a maximum of 2,000 acres opened to drilling. Analysts say the sales could fetch as much as $2.2 billion.

ANWR is enormous – 19 million acres, about the size of South Carolina. The 2,000 acres along the coastal plain that would actually be disturbed by drilling, roads and other development work account for about one-hundredth of 1 percent of the vast area.

More: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/12/21/tax-bill-opens-alaska-to-oil-production-worth-billions-dollars-strengthening-america.html

Online Right_in_Virginia

And the 9th Circuit rules in 5, 4, 3 .......

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Enviros Work To Crush Any Chance Of Drilling In Remote Alaska After GOP Lifts Ban

http://dailycaller.com/2017/12/20/enviros-work-to-crush-any-chance-of-drilling-in-alaska-after-gop-lifts-ban/

[excerpt]

Environmentalists believe they can use waves of litigation to render moot a proposal within the Republican-led tax bill allowing energy companies to drill in a remote part of Alaska.

Environmental rules, miles of bureaucratic red tape, and lawsuits from environmental groups could stymie attempts to develop the untapped resources of the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge (ANWR), even as Republicans pass legislation lifting a bock on exploration in the areas.

“It’s still an open question about whether drilling will ever happen there,” Matt Lee-Ashley of the left-leaning Center for American Progress told reporters Tuesday. “It’s hard to image that drilling will occur in the next 10 years — or ever.”

These people are a menace, a 5th Column, just like rust they never stop, working day and night to destroy us.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Enviros Work To Crush Any Chance Of Drilling In Remote Alaska After GOP Lifts Ban

http://dailycaller.com/2017/12/20/enviros-work-to-crush-any-chance-of-drilling-in-alaska-after-gop-lifts-ban/

[excerpt]

Environmentalists believe they can use waves of litigation to render moot a proposal within the Republican-led tax bill allowing energy companies to drill in a remote part of Alaska.

Environmental rules, miles of bureaucratic red tape, and lawsuits from environmental groups could stymie attempts to develop the untapped resources of the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge (ANWR), even as Republicans pass legislation lifting a bock on exploration in the areas.

“It’s still an open question about whether drilling will ever happen there,” Matt Lee-Ashley of the left-leaning Center for American Progress told reporters Tuesday. “It’s hard to image that drilling will occur in the next 10 years — or ever.”

These people are a menace, a 5th Column, just like rust they never stop, working day and night to destroy us.

Of course they will attempt to stop it.  But they can't.  They have no proof of any harm caused to Alaska or to the wildlife therein.

People are onto them now and less likely to be fooled by any false pictures of dying Polar Bears.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
They’re back to beating the ‘pristine wilderness’ drums again.  Every major city across the world used to be wilderness.  Idiots.

http://www.newsweek.com/tax-bill-approved-arctic-drilling-will-plunder-10-billion-barrels-oil-and-753670
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 11:36:16 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
They’re back to beating the ‘pristine wilderness’ drums again.  Every major city across the world used to be wilderness.  Idiots.

http://www.newsweek.com/tax-bill-approved-arctic-drilling-will-plunder-10-billion-barrels-oil-and-753670
I live in a town with thousands of $million+ homes, built on reclaimed oil field land. In 40+ years I have yet to hear of a single case of illness or injury attributed to that usage.

Recently an ocean front luxury hotel and center opened on former Chevron land. Rooms rent for over $400 nightly year round. I doubt the visitors realize it  also used to be an oil field.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
And the 9th Circuit rules in 5, 4, 3 .......

The countdown doesn't start until the ink is wet on the President's signature.  One thing I do know for sure:  Pence is not going to be saying "This a BFD!" when Trump signs.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

• Wulf Anson Author
The countdown doesn't start until the ink is wet on the President's signature.  One thing I do know for sure:  Pence is not going to be saying "This a BFD!" when Trump signs.

Look, nobody needs to drill in that Pristine Wilderness. Just fire a shotgun blast at the Paperwork giving that Pristine Wilderness to the oil companies.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Look, nobody needs to drill in that Pristine Wilderness. Just fire a shotgun blast at the Paperwork giving that Pristine Wilderness to the oil companies.

That's what I expect the Ninth Circus to do with it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

• Wulf Anson Author
That's what I expect the Ninth Circus to do with it.

They'll exhaust grossly distorted population numbers of species living there, one by one, get shot down on all of them, . . . and in the desperate end come up with some ultra rare, just in the nick of time discovered, species of endangered ice they have to protect from melting.