Author Topic: Drawing a Line on Sexual Harassment  (Read 265 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Drawing a Line on Sexual Harassment
« on: December 20, 2017, 11:20:19 am »
Drawing a Line on Sexual Harassment
Townhall, Dec 20, 2017, Brent Bozell

Does every charge amount to sexual harassment? Take the case of MSNBC's Chris Matthews. The Daily Caller reported that Matthews paid a $40,000 settlement to an employee back in the 1990s for "making inappropriate comments and jokes about her while in the company of others." The Clintons and the Weinsteins dropping their pants and making demands -- that's harassment. But if this is the extent of Matthews' guilt, he's a pig, not a harasser.

The picture is also muddied by accusers like Addie Zinone, who appeared on NBC's "Megyn Kelly TODAY" (aka "Megyn Kelly's Daily Sexual-Misconduct Accusation Show") to announce that she had consensual sex with Matt Lauer but now, looking back, finds it to be an "abuse of power," since he was a middle-aged star and she was a lowly 24-year-old production assistant. A memo to Zinone: You were a 24-year-old woman. Act your age. If he's a scoundrel, so are you.

Then there's makeup artist Kailey Kaminsky, who accused HGTV star Carter Oosterhouse of badgering her into performing oral sex. She told The Hollywood Reporter: "I was so worn down from his advances, so I did: that day, on that occasion. It was the first time. Then thereafter it was most every time we would shoot -- 10 to 15 times he put me in this position."

More: https://townhall.com/columnists/brentbozell/2017/12/20/drawing-a-line-on-sexual-harassment-n2424850?utm_source=TopBreakingNewsCarousel&utm_medium=story&utm_campaign=BreakingNewsCarousel

Offline jpsb

Re: Drawing a Line on Sexual Harassment
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2017, 12:36:54 pm »
"This is why you don't hire women"

I think there is going to be a anti-feminist backlash as a result of all these accusations
sans much evidence. It's the new Dem goto tactic to take out Repubs. Happily they
are taking a few hits too.

40k to shut up a disgruntled employee is chump change to Matthews and NBC. As much
as I dislike Chrisy I don't see him as a powerful sexual predator. That said, I am loving all
the bad press this is causing him.