Author Topic: Story about how the internet is going to die.  (Read 377 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Story about how the internet is going to die.
« on: December 19, 2017, 08:51:19 pm »
Story about how the internet is going to die.

https://wehubs.com/blogs/story-internet-going-die.html

The bad guys in suits have come to claim our internet.

On Dec. 14, 2017, the FCC’s Republican majority approved Chairman Ajit Pai’s plan to gut the Net Neutrality protections.

They have come, in their fancy cars, to privatize one of the most powerful tools that has ever existed in the history of mankind. The internet. The ISPs (Internet service providers), the politicians and the lawmakers are in cahoots, having met each other behind closed doors, for putting an end to the free and open internet as we know it. Even if they offer misguiding fancy stuffs like free internet, and reiterates over twitter that this is not harmful for the people or the internet itself, we know that this is a wolf at our door, and it is a sinistrous plan masquerading as social reform. We know there are no free lunches. Not in this world. Especially not in this century.

Provided for thought and comment, even though this was written by someone who has a definite Liberal viewpoint.

I have found Liberal viewpoints interesting at times, primarily because they contain enough projection to provide a roadmap of what they might do, given the power.

Which raises the question of whether anyone should have it.
I have peeled just back the lid, have fun poking at the worms....

More at link...https://wehubs.com/blogs/story-internet-going-die.html
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Re: Story about how the internet is going to die.
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2017, 09:21:11 pm »
Its about control.   They cannot stand the freedom that exists on the Internet.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2017, 12:07:03 am »
"This collective brain is in peril."

All you need to know.

All hail the Collective!
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2017, 01:08:08 pm »
"This collective brain is in peril."

All you need to know.

All hail the Collective!
It's how they think...each one lends their functioning brain cell to the hive mind.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis