Author Topic: While Most Of D.C. Slept, Sec. Zinke Wandered A Frozen Arlington Cemetery With A Christmas Wreath  (Read 863 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

While Most Of D.C. Slept, Sec. Zinke Wandered A Frozen Arlington Cemetery With A Christmas Wreath
Daily Caller, Dec 16, 2017, Benny Johnson

Thousands of people lined up at the gates of Arlington Cemetery before dawn Saturday morning. It was a bitterly cold. The temperature was far below freezing. There was snow on the ground. None of it dampened the spirits of those who looked forward to laying a wreath on a gleaming white headstone of an American hero.

Wreaths Across America has been going on for 26 years. The tradition seeks to place a fresh pine wreath on the headstone of every fallen soldier in a national cemetery. Around 1,000 locations in 50 states participate. The effort is massive and the payoff is spectacular.

The process is very simple:

Read more:  http://dailycaller.com/2017/12/16/while-dc-slept-sec-zinke-stood-in-the-freezing-cold-to-lay-a-wreath-on-the-grave-of-a-friend/

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

:patriot:  Lots more photos at the link:  http://dailycaller.com/2017/12/16/while-dc-slept-sec-zinke-stood-in-the-freezing-cold-to-lay-a-wreath-on-the-grave-of-a-friend/

I will continue to ask why it is in this country that so many know everything there is to know about Kim Kardashian and virtually nothing about those buried there?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Applewood

From the article:

The first thing I saw Trump do as president was attend the funeral of a Navy SEAL,” the Secretary said. “That’s the moment I saw him go from being a president to becoming a Commander-in-Chief. Look around. There’s no politics here.”

As opposed to Obama who only showed up at Arlington for photo ops and campaigning.