Author Topic: Ann Coulter: Republican tax plan forces single people with 'empty lives' to 'fund happy families'  (Read 1557 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ann Coulter: Republican tax plan forces single people with 'empty lives' to 'fund happy families'
by Naomi Lim | Dec 15, 2017, 5:22 PM

Conservative commentator Ann Coulter lashed out at Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., on Friday over his support of the GOP's tax plan, lamenting the impact of the bill's child tax credit on unmarried people who "will die alone."

"We singles live empty lives of quiet desperation and will die alone. Now Rubio is demanding that we also fund happy families with children who fill their days with joy," Coulter wrote on Twitter.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/ann-coulter-republican-tax-plan-forces-single-people-with-empty-lives-to-fund-happy-families/article/2643678
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Ann sounds like Wanda of the Withering Womb, somebody's biological clock must have shifted to hyperdrive. Hey Ann, maybe if you didn't only have relationships with cretins you would have ended up with a family

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Ann sounds like Wanda of the Withering Womb, somebody's biological clock must have shifted to hyperdrive. Hey Ann, maybe if you didn't only have relationships with cretins you would have ended up with a family

:facepalm2:

Ann sounds like Ann.  Her tweet .... like her books .... is swimming in sarcasm.  She elevates sarcasm to an art form.

@GtHawk

« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 08:52:17 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline dfwgator

Ann sounds like Ann.  Her tweet .... like her books .... is swimming in sarcasm.  She elevates sarcasm to an art form.

@GtHawk

"He used.......sarcasm......"
! No longer available

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I heard her described as a "professional troll" before... that in ways, seems to be a lot of what she does.

I've also heard that the income tax, from long ago, rewarded families for having children with the dependency deduction, it encourages families.  And furthermore, making new citizens.

So, from this conventional wisdom, she is writing a bit from the antagonistic "why should single people be punished", that has been around for a long time.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 11:54:14 pm by TomSea »

Offline corbe

I found this article highly offensive and wanted to comment earlier because I am generally a Single person whom would be considered to be living an 'empty life' by more than a few Briefers AND I certainly don't mind 'happy families' keeping more of what the Govt steals from them, unless they're on the dole. So I just couldn't figure out who to argue with here.

Ann Coulter Standby

*No, I did not RTFA.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I'd be more inclined to think it was sarcasm if Ann weren't in her mid-50s and still single with a string of failed relationships behind her. For once, I think she's actually being candid instead of trolling.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline goodwithagun

I'd be more inclined to think it was sarcasm if Ann weren't in her mid-50s and still single with a string of failed relationships behind her. For once, I think she's actually being candid instead of trolling.

That and she's actually Milo in drag :whistle:
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

Milo is more feminine.

Offline goodwithagun

Milo is more feminine.

He's just over acting the roll.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Online GtHawk

"He used.......sarcasm......"
! No longer available
Thank You! Some are so intent on defending their heroes thast they only see what they want to.
@dfwgator

Online GtHawk

@GtHawk
@Right_in_Virginia

Online GtHawk

Every time I see a picture of Ann the only thing I can think of is

Dem bones, dem bones, dem dry bones,
Now shake dem skeleton bones!

Somebody feed that woman!

Offline goodwithagun

@Right_in_Virginia

Actually, I'm with @jmyrlefuller on this one. Ann's overplayed her hand, so to speak.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline goodwithagun

Every time I see a picture of Ann the only thing I can think of is

Now shake dem skeleton bones!

Somebody feed that woman!

And nobody likes a bone like Milo  :nometalk: **nononono* ****slapping :thud:
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline corbe

And nobody likes a bone like Milo  :nometalk: **nononono* ****slapping :thud:

You semi-officially killed this thread without posting pictures of hunks @goodwithagun
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Force.... There is that word again...

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
   I found this article highly offensive and wanted to comment earlier because I am generally a Single person whom would be considered to be living an 'empty life' by more than a few Briefers AND I certainly don't mind 'happy families' keeping more of what the Govt steals from them, unless they're on the dole. So I just couldn't figure out who to argue with here.
@corbe
I don't mind a family keeping what the government steals from them, but I have a slight problem
with the government stealing something from single (well, divorced) me to give them something.

But then my feeling about taxation is the same as Frank Chodorov's: Taxation is nothing more than
organised robbery and there the subject ought to be dropped.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Did anyone who is nominally conservative expect to have a lifelong and gratifying relationship with a Liberal? She seems to chase those.

OTOH, sharp tongues cut without conscience. I know few who would brave that 'Sweet Kate'*

(*Taming of the Shrew reference)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 06:41:45 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Did anyone who is nominally conservative expect to have a lifelong and gratifying relationship with a Liberal? She seems to chase those.
I dunno, but for some reason Mary Matalin's marriage to James (Ol' Bowling Ball Head) Carville has survived.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

@Right_in_Virginia

This proves yet again @GtHawk that sarcasm *is* the highest form of intelligence.

Keep trying ... you'll get it.  Hopefully.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author

Would Any man with 3 working brain cells want to wake up to Her in the morning with that knee jerk Harvard laugh at her own jokes going off every 10 seconds?

I propose we get Sean Hannity divorced from whatever gold-digger snatched him up, get him and Ann married and drop both of the self obsessed Blow Hards somewhere as far away from a microphone or keyboard as we can get them.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 05:42:02 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline mirraflake

Ann is right...to a degree.

My wife and I have no kids yet huge portion of our property tax bill to fund other kids education...plus we have never received child tax credit etc.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline cato potatoe

Why did Marco do this?  I hope this isn't a trend, in response to all of the islanders moving in.