Author Topic: Boston Professor Proclaims ‘Jingle Bells’ a ‘Racist’ Song  (Read 1359 times)

rangerrebew

Boston Professor Proclaims ‘Jingle Bells’ a ‘Racist’ Song

by Warner Todd Huston14 Dec 2017Medford, MA3,691
A professor at Boston University has proclaimed Christmas carol favorite “Jingle Bells” to be a “racist song” and is urging people to shun the jaunty tune.

Kyna Hamill, a theater history professor at Boston University, recently told the Boston Globe that the venerable Christmas song has a “secret” racist past that has been “systematically” hidden from Americans as they celebrate the Christmas season.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/12/14/boston-professor-proclaims-jingle-bells-racist-song/

Offline LMAO

This professor does not really believe Jingle Bells is a racist song

These people make these outrageous statements because they know somebody will notice them and write about it
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline NavyCanDo

LOL!  What next will the crazy Left go after?  How about America's favorite Christmas movie Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer, where our most favorite Canadian Yukon Cornelius packs a gun.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
My favorite version  :patriot:

! No longer available
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline NavyCanDo

I don't know if there is any truth to her story of the origin of the song. I never heard of it, or any AMERICAN that enjoyed the Holiday classic. But if we now think of blackface minstrels when we hear the song, it's her fault not the song writter.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Right_in_Virginia

This is a professor with way too much free time on her hands. 

Offline Suppressed

If you listen to the full lyrics, it's not a Christmas song at all.  It's a rather racy song for the time it was written, about young people racing the "sports car" of the time and taking ladies out for some fun.

Was it sometimes performed in blackface by minstrel acts? Perhaps. But that's the acts, not the song.

She just hates the man who wrote it.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline goatprairie

I don't know if there is any truth to her story of the origin of the song. I never heard of it, or any AMERICAN that enjoyed the Holiday classic. But if we now think of blackface minstrels when we hear the song, it's her fault not the song writter.
I just went to Wikipedia to get the origins of the song. There's nothing at all mentioned about racist origins for the song. It was supposedly meant for Thanksgiving but got connected with Christmas.
The professor is totally full of fecal matter.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Stupid.

Why don't we just ban Christmas and Hanukkah

No holiday. No day off. No tree. No parties. No presents. No Santa.Nothing.

Ok. I'm being scarastic. I like Christmas.  :tree3:

I like carols. I'm listening to TransSiberian Orchestra right now. Yay!!!

888deco 8888mistltoe

G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline verga

Libtards have try and ruin everything that is even remotely considered decent and fun.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Frank Cannon

This professor does not really believe Jingle Bells is a racist song

These people make these outrageous statements because they know somebody will notice them and write about it

Bingo. Plus what the hell is a Professor of Theater?

Kyna is currently the Assistant Director of the Boston University College of Arts & Sciences Core Curriculum and also teaches dramatic literature in BU's School of Theatre. She specializes in the iconography of the commedia dell'arte, theatre and war, and theatre semiotics.

Offline Night Hides Not

Wrong song, professor should have used Bing Crosby's "White Christmas."
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline dfwgator

Well it was written by a Jooooooo.

Offline SkyKing

#Jingle Bells Matter.

Must be the "Bells on bob tails ring" line? :tree3:

Offline dfwgator

I always think of Batman when I hear it.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Bingo. Plus what the hell is a Professor of Theater?

Kyna is currently the Assistant Director of the Boston University College of Arts & Sciences Core Curriculum and also teaches dramatic literature in BU's School of Theatre. She specializes in the iconography of the commedia dell'arte, theatre and war, and theatre semiotics.

No kidding!  Why go to college for applied theater arts?  Is that really what college is for?

Offline mountaineer

As of last year, Ms. Hamill hadn't come up with her racism theory:  BU Today: “Jingle Bells” History Takes Surprising Turn. That it may have been performed in a minstrel hall means absolutely nothing.

But it gives this lovely lady some attention, which I suspect is all she wanted.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
As of last year, Ms. Hamill hadn't come up with her racism theory:  BU Today: “Jingle Bells” History Takes Surprising Turn. That it may have been performed in a minstrel hall means absolutely nothing.

But it gives this lovely lady some attention, which I suspect is all she wanted.

The ginormous glasses and schnozz look like one of those Groucho novelty glasses, minus the Mustache.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Stop and think. Jingle bells are used on sleighs, and sleighs are supported by snow and snow is.....WHITE!

gotta be raysis!

See how simple that is?

They'll be along to burn all your books not on parchament or easy-eye paper, soon.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis