Author Topic: Timing of Senate tax vote uncertain due to absences  (Read 511 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Timing of Senate tax vote uncertain due to absences
« on: December 14, 2017, 06:52:28 pm »
Timing of Senate tax vote uncertain due to absences
By Jordain Carney - 12/14/17 12:53 PM EST

The absence of two GOP senators is creating uncertainty about the timing of the chamber’s vote on tax legislation.

Sens. John McCain (R-Ariz.) and Thad Cochran (R-Miss.) have both missed Senate votes this week, and one of their votes will likely be needed to pass the bill.

Republican leadership signaled on Thursday that the exact timing of the vote, and which chamber will move first, is now being hashed out.

"I don't know the answer to that question. It's all about timing and managing absences in the Senate. ... We're simply being flexible to honor their concerns about managing their schedule and some possible absences," Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) told reporters.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/364923-timing-of-senate-tax-vote-uncertain-due-to-absences
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Timing of Senate tax vote uncertain due to absences
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 08:23:32 pm »
McCain's in trouble.  His daughter burst into tears when talking about it on TV yesterday.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2017, 11:50:56 pm »
McCain's in trouble.  His daughter burst into tears when talking about it on TV yesterday.

The tax bill may be McCain's last vote. 

I am relieved the Vice President has delayed his trip to the Middle East until after the vote.

@Cyber Liberty

Oceander

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2017, 11:51:48 pm »
The tax bill may be McCain's last vote. 

I am relieved the Vice President has delayed his trip to the Middle East until after the vote.

@Cyber Liberty

Let’s hope he votes against it. 

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2017, 12:02:40 am »

I saw him...very close up...recently. Very recently.

He is not in good shape...my father died of cancer, and I know what that looks like as the final time draws near. People CAN have miraculous recoveries...especially with top knotch care, but my non-medical opinion is that time is very short for him. While I have been disgusted with him politically of late, I still have the deepest respect for him as a man. He went out of his way to help make arrangements for a military salute for my father's funeral...he's a good man who's earned his rest.

All that said, I think he'll still get his vote in for this bill.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain