Author Topic: Al Franken lost big in the Alabama Senate race  (Read 376 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Al Franken lost big in the Alabama Senate race
« on: December 13, 2017, 03:15:28 pm »
Al Franken lost big in the Alabama Senate race
American Thinker, Dec 13, 2017, Thomas Lifson

There were two big losers last night as the election returns came in from Alabama. You already know about Judge Roy Moore and the GOP Senate majority, but consider Al Franken. He now is going to be forced to live up to his promise to resign the seat, when he spoke on the Senate floor and refused to admit having done anything wrong.

It was obvious then to all who have observed Franken over the years that this was a PR ploy, and that once Roy Moore was seated in the Senate after his presumed election, Franken was going to stay in the Senate and pose as a righteous fighter for the female of the species. Franken loves being a bigshot senator, and is known for throwing his weight around.

But now that Judge Moore will not be traveling to the US Capitol as anything other than a tourist, poor Al is left holding the bag, with no plausible reason to renege on his promise to resign in the coming weeks.

More: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2017/12/al_franken_lost_big_in_the_alabama_senate_race.html

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Al Franken lost big in the Alabama Senate race
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2017, 03:21:09 pm »
with no plausible reason to renege on his promise to resign in the coming weeks.

So when do things need to be plausible coming out of DC? I still don't think Al is quitting.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2017, 03:37:29 pm »
Jones Wins: Al Franken Hardest Hit
Powerline, Dec 12, 2017, Steven Hayward

I might as well get into the “hot take” game. Democrats and their media echo chamber will openly celebrate Doug Jones’s narrow win in Alabama, but inside I’ll bet they are actually disappointed. There is little chance they can hold this seat in 2020 (unless Republicans nominate Roy Moore again).

Meanwhile, Jones deprives them of their favorite talking point that Republicans are all drooling knuckle-dragging morons. Worse, it means Al Franken will likely have to go through with his resignation after all. I’d bet money that a polygraph examination would reveal that Franken was secretly hoping for a Moore victory. It was his only chance of hanging on.

More: http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2017/12/jones-wins-al-franken-hardest-hit.php

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2017, 07:18:58 pm »
Well the Gov of MN has already named Franken's replacement, so I'm not sure how Franken weasels out of it.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2017, 07:26:54 pm »
Well the Gov of MN has already named Franken's replacement, so I'm not sure how Franken weasels out of it.

Especially since it's a "she."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2017, 07:28:23 pm »
Big deal.  It didn't cost the Rats a thing and they got Moore's scalp out of it.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2017, 07:29:19 pm »
More scalps are coming
Countdown to Resignation

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2017, 07:31:53 pm »
More scalps are coming

On which side?

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2017, 07:36:28 pm »
On which side?

I'd say scalps will be coming on both sides...if I've ever seen a target rich environment, this is it.

GOP needs to get off its duff and start lining up women candidates for Senate for 2018 and 2020. First one that comes to mind is Blackburn of TN.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.