Author Topic: Can The FBI Flat Out Refuse To Show Congress How It Got A Warrant To Spy On The Trump Campaign?  (Read 407 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Can The FBI Flat Out Refuse To Show Congress How It Got A Warrant To Spy On The Trump Campaign?

Jack Crowe
Political Reporter
4:02 PM 12/11/2017

FBI Director Christopher Wray told lawmakers Thursday he could not “lawfully” give them access to a confidential warrant application for permission to surveil members of the Trump campaign, but President Donald Trump could lawfully order him to do just that through his subordinates at the FBI and Department of Justice (DOJ).

The FBI’s Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) court warrant application would reveal whether the bureau relied upon the Steele dossier – unverified opposition research on President Donald Trump financed by the Clinton campaign – to obtain a warrant allowing them to surveil Trump campaign officials.

more
http://dailycaller.com/2017/12/11/how-can-congress-gain-access-to-the-confidential-warrant-that-empowered-the-fbi-to-spy-on-the-trump-campaign/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

So now the FBI has been exposed as a rogue agency.

Offline dfwgator

So now the FBI has been exposed as a rogue agency.

The Gestapo of the Deep State.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
It would seem that the Intel and Judiciary committees would have oversight. As long as the members have clearance, they should be able to view the warrant.  Besides, the president, his national security advisor, CIA director, and CoS would have access to it.   By now, he’s aware of its contents and can declassify, if he chooses.  I’m not sure why we’re going through this political fan dance.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Can The FBI Flat Out Refuse To Show Congress How It Got A Warrant To Spy On The Trump Campaign?

NO!  They absolutely cannot lawfully do so!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Frank Cannon

NO!  They absolutely cannot lawfully do so!

LOL. Someone should have told J Edgar that.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
They can't legally do it but they can make it extremely difficult if not impossible.   Of course the AG Sessions could just instruct them to cooperate.  Funny how he isn't doing that.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.