Author Topic: UK Christian street preacher found not guilty of hate speech against Muslims  (Read 385 times)

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
LINCOLN, England, December 8, 2017 (LifeSiteNews) – A U.K. Christian street preacher accused by Muslims of hate speech and convicted by a lower court has had the ruling overturned by a higher court this week.

Daniel Courney, 33, was convicted by Lincoln Magistrates Court in September of using “threatening and discriminatory language” while preaching in Lincoln in June.

Courney, an American missionary who served in the United States military and has been a missionary in Nepal and India for 8 years, preached a message of repentance and of the need to believe in Jesus Christ to be saved. 

A Muslim woman and her family who heard Courney’s message on the street claimed the preacher singled them out and called them “ISIS” and told them to “go back to your country.” The Muslims reported the matter to police who arrested the preacher.

Courney denied the allegations. Despite this, however, he was charged under Section 5 of the Public Order Act with using “threatening or abusive words or behaviour or disorderly behaviour within the hearing or sight of a person likely to be caused harassment, alarm or distress.”

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/uk-christian-street-preacher-found-not-guilty-of-hate-speech-against-muslim

Approximately 60 percent of people in the United Kingdom declare themselves to be Christians. But, according to United Kingdom’s “Faith Survey”, the number of Christians born in Britain is falling at a staggering rate. Between 2001 and 2011 the number of Christians born in the U.K. fell by 5.3 million.

“With a continued rate of decline at this level, the number of UK-born Christians would reduce to zero by 2067,” the survey predicted.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 02:10:41 pm by WineNot »
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
A rare bit of sanity from the UK.
But I sense that it won't last for long...