Author Topic: Scientists censor term ‘climate change’ to save public funding  (Read 307 times)

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon

==

Scientists censor term ‘climate change’ to save public funding
December 10, 2017 12:59 am by Rachel Kelly

Scientists are increasingly omitting the term “climate change” in public grant proposals to avoid funding cuts from the Trump administration, according to a recent NPR analysis — a trend some Boston University researchers said they have noticed.

An analysis of National Science Foundation grants awarded in 2017 revealed a 40 percent decrease in the use of the term “climate change” and an increase in replacement phrases like “extreme weather” and “environmental change,” according to the NPR report.

The recent trend of using euphemisms for the term “climate change” can in part be attributed to the skeptical approach the Trump administration has taken toward environmental science issues and research, some researchers said. The NPR article notes that climate change was the only research area singled out by name for reduction in Trump’s budget proposal.

Excerpted.  Read more at:
http://dailyfreepress.com/2017/12/10/scientists-censor-term-climate-change-save-public-funding/
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 04:15:45 am by Mod1 »
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
That, and maybe repeating "climate change" over and over in your application got you rubber stamp approval by the previous administration...
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA