Author Topic: Alabama GOP Senator: I Hope a 'Write-In Republican Wins' Special Election  (Read 591 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Alabama GOP Senator: I Hope a 'Write-In Republican Wins' Special Election
Timothy Meads

|
Posted: Dec 10, 2017 12:00 PM

Alabama Republican Sen.  Richard Shelby says he wants a Republican to win the state’s special election Tuesday, but did not vote for GOP candidate Roy Moore and hopes a write-in candidate will be victorious.

Appearing on CNN’s “State of the Union” with Jake Tapper,  Sen. Shelby reemphasized his absentee vote was not for Roy Moore. In November, Sen. Shelby announced he did not vote for Roy Moore, but did not say his write-in candidate of choice.

"I'd rather see the Republican win, but I'd rather see a Republican write-in. I couldn't vote for Roy Moore. I didn't vote for Roy Moore," Shelby said. “I wrote in a distinguished Republican name. 

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/timothymeads/2017/12/10/alabama-gop-senatori-hope-a--writein-republicans-wins-special-election-n2420668
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Alabama GOP Senator: I Hope a 'Write-In Republican Wins' Special Election
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 07:59:14 pm »
but I'd rather see a Republican write-in.

Sure thing Dick, and I would like to see a unicorn come to my front door and fart $100 bills......but that ain't going to happen either.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 08:02:07 pm »
Alabama GOP Senator: I Hope a 'Write-In Republican Wins' Special Election
Timothy Meads

|
Posted: Dec 10, 2017 12:00 PM

Alabama Republican Sen.  Richard Shelby says he wants a Republican to win the state’s special election Tuesday, but did not vote for GOP candidate Roy Moore and hopes a write-in candidate will be victorious.

Appearing on CNN’s “State of the Union” with Jake Tapper,  Sen. Shelby reemphasized his absentee vote was not for Roy Moore. In November, Sen. Shelby announced he did not vote for Roy Moore, but did not say his write-in candidate of choice.

"I'd rather see the Republican win, but I'd rather see a Republican write-in. I couldn't vote for Roy Moore. I didn't vote for Roy Moore," Shelby said. “I wrote in a distinguished Republican name. 

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/timothymeads/2017/12/10/alabama-gop-senatori-hope-a--writein-republicans-wins-special-election-n2420668

Roy will be sitting next to you next session, Shelby.  Better be careful.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2017, 08:14:09 pm »

I would like to see a unicorn come to my front door and fart $100 bills......but that ain't going to happen either.

I've seen that after an experience with salvia divinorum.  Not as much fun as you'd think.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2017, 09:08:53 pm »

I've seen that after an experience with salvia divinorum.  Not as much fun as you'd think.

I did that one time and said, "Aw Hell NO."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2017, 09:43:41 pm »

Sure thing Dick, and I would like to see a unicorn come to my front door and fart $100 bills......but that ain't going to happen either.

Dear Dick.  Take your "hope" in one hand, and shit in the other, see which one fills up first.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."