Author Topic: I'm Done With the Sex Scandals  (Read 1170 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

I'm Done With the Sex Scandals
« on: December 09, 2017, 12:06:03 pm »
I'm Done With the Sex Scandals
PJ Media, Dec 8, 2017, Andrew Klavan

I'm pretty much done with the sex scandals. They were fun, but they're just going to have to carry on without me. If someone broke the law and you can prove it, prosecute him. If someone violated the rules of his organization, eject him. Other than that, if women have forgotten the fine art of slapping a man in the face, there's not a whole hell of a lot society can do for them. You keep silent for forty years and then ruin a man's career with an unprovable allegation — and that makes you a hero? Not to me.

Look, I think Al Franken is a nasty little piece of corruption. I'm not even sure he actually resigned at all. I think he may have just faked it so Democrats could make a lot of hypocritical noise about Roy Moore down in Alabama. I suspect, after the Alabama election is over, if Moore loses, Franken will retract his intended resignation and it'll all pass away. But beyond that, the truth is, I don't care whether he grabbed a couple of bottoms or not. I already know he's a creep. Any woman he grabbed should have smacked him a good one and told him to knock it off at the top of her lungs. When did women become such helpless little flowers? Slapping is a very good system of justice in these cases. Slap him, shout at him, then let the voters decide.

Read more:  https://pjmedia.com/andrewklavan/im-done-with-the-sex-scandals/

Offline Applewood

Re: I'm Done With the Sex Scandals
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2017, 12:45:09 pm »
Wow!

Just what I've been thinking. 

Thanks for posting this, @Right_in_Virginia

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2017, 12:50:42 pm »
Wow!

Just what I've been thinking. 

Thanks for posting this, @Right_in_Virginia

888high58888 @Applewood

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2017, 01:50:53 pm »
Darn!   That was fun to read!    888high58888   @Right_in_Virginia
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Oceander

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2017, 01:51:52 pm »
Idiot

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2017, 02:00:59 pm »
Idiot

What a well-argued and nuanced rebuttal.   :thud:
Let it burn.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2017, 02:22:01 pm »
According to them (the media), Democrats can run interference for an accused sex abuser and his complicit wife for 25 years, they can call a priapic woman-slaughterer the lion of the Senate, but one make-believe resignation speech from a handsy comedian? Then the Democrats' worst problem is that they're "too pure."
Anyone else find it amusing that the Democrats finally, near the end of 2017, not only discovered there was such a thing as sexual morality, they became more devoted to it than anyone and now act like they invented it?

I agree with him on one thing: Franken has not resigned.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2017, 02:48:06 pm »
Things have gotten odd over the last 40-50 years, so I want to be sure on this one: if a woman slaps a man is that assault?  Isn't that "unwanted touching"?  Or, does she get a pass if he touches her first?  Sort of the "who threw the first punch" rule.

And, of course, the woman who was asleep when photographed being felt up by Franken wasn't in a position to defend herself.

I feel Mr. Klaven's frustration and weariness with the seemingly never ending stream of men in power acting badly around women who don't fight back at the time, but I'm not sure it should be dismissed this easily.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2017, 02:55:28 pm »
I'm waiting for someone to say JImmy Cagney assulted her when he put a grapefruit in her face.

Ok. I don't want to make a joke of this, I'm a survivor of a sexual assault. But I really have to question some of the ones coming out. Yeah, I've had my butt pinched, yes I've had words said and graphic pick up lines, wandering hands, etc. it's life.

For heavens sake you get groped in the subway during r rush hour-  all those people pressed together like sardines.

That you deal with. Big deal. Grow a pair and tell the guy to get lost.

The other thing is a crime, pure and simple.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2017, 02:57:18 pm »
Things have gotten odd over the last 40-50 years, so I want to be sure on this one: if a woman slaps a man is that assault?  Isn't that "unwanted touching"?  Or, does she get a pass if he touches her first?  Sort of the "who threw the first punch" rule.

And, of course, the woman who was asleep when photographed being felt up by Franken wasn't in a position to defend herself.

I feel Mr. Klaven's frustration and weariness with the seemingly never ending stream of men in power acting badly around women who don't fight back at the time, but I'm not sure it should be dismissed this easily.

There is a difference between something real and something made up for political expediency isn't there?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2017, 02:59:11 pm »
There is a difference between something real and something made up for political expediency isn't there?

Of course, but what are you referring to?

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2017, 03:01:21 pm »
Of course, but what are you referring to?

You know exactly what I'm referring to but I'll tell you anyway.  All this Roy Moore BS is what I'm referring to.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2017, 03:03:51 pm »
You know exactly what I'm referring to but I'll tell you anyway.  All this Roy Moore BS is what I'm referring to.

Bigun, I'm not sure how that would fit into this story.  We are talking about unwanted sexual advances, not whether someone dated someone else or not.  I don't see the relevance.

Oceander

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2017, 03:05:19 pm »
What a well-argued and nuanced rebuttal.   :thud:

It’s still better-argued and more nuanced than the sorry excuse for an “argument” presented by the author of the article. 

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2017, 03:09:22 pm »
The problem is, defining sexual harassment down.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2017, 03:09:37 pm »
Bigun, I'm not sure how that would fit into this story.  We are talking about unwanted sexual advances, not whether someone dated someone else or not.  I don't see the relevance.

The headline is "I'm done with sex scandals" which makes it relevant I think!  I'm tired of people being able to destroy good people who decide to enter the political arena with lies and innuendo and ain't going to put up with it no mo!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2017, 03:13:57 pm »
The headline is "I'm done with sex scandals" which makes it relevant I think!  I'm tired of people being able to destroy good people who decide to enter the political arena with lies and innuendo and ain't going to put up with it no mo!

I don't see it that way.  This story has nothing to do with Moore. 

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2017, 03:25:08 pm »

It has EVERYTHING to do with 'like' accusations.

The dirty truth here....women who've experienced unwanted handling, etc., never spoke up because the Clinton Mystique carried over into not only Hollywood, but boardrooms across America.   And around the planet.

As soon as the Alpha Dirtbag fell... all bets were off.  The #metoo phenom went viral.

No matter the ongoing conversation among members, the very title of the thread makes @Bigun 's post a bullseye.

If women were truly humiliated/outraged/frightened/all of the above....... scream...spray the bastard with pepper spray, or knee him in the ballz.  Literally.

Not 40 damned years later.

Who among us is the same exact 'person' they were 40 years ago?    We've all weathered/sanded at the corners.      :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2017, 03:31:18 pm »
Yes, but that poor excuse only works if you don't read the article and just rely on the headline. 

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2017, 03:40:13 pm »

OK!  You don't want to make the connection and I can understand that. 

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2017, 04:04:54 pm »
OK!  You don't want to make the connection and I can understand that.

No, @Bigun, as I noted above, I actually read the article.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2017, 04:15:38 pm »

Are you for real? Klavin mentions Moore by name at least 5 times in 4 different paragraphs and references him in deeds in the others.  The article is only 6 paragraphs.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 04:16:46 pm by Frank Cannon »

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2017, 04:15:54 pm »

Actually at @Sanguine the editorial does include a few paragraphs on Moore ... ending its segment with this:

Either way, I don't think voting for Moore is going to bring about the moral apocalypse, and I don't think it means the Republican Party is going to hell. There are other issues on the table. I don't want to retract the Declaration of Independence because Jefferson took advantage of a slave girl. I'm not going to surrender to Germany because Eisenhower cheated on his wife. Sex makes people do bad and stupid things. Again, prosecute, eject or slap. Otherwise, I'll take each case in context as it comes.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2017, 04:23:05 pm »
I'm glad Andrew is done with his philandering ways.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2017, 04:26:29 pm »
Actually at @Sanguine the editorial does include a few paragraphs on Moore ... ending its segment with this:

Y’know, this really well said. Wish I’da thought of it.

“Either way, I don't think voting for Moore is going to bring about the moral apocalypse, and I don't think it means the Republican Party is going to hell. There are other issues on the table. I don't want to retract the Declaration of Independence because Jefferson took advantage of a slave girl. I'm not going to surrender to Germany because Eisenhower cheated on his wife. Sex makes people do bad and stupid things. Again, prosecute, eject or slap. Otherwise, I'll take each case in context as it comes.”