Author Topic: Bombshell: Roy Moore Accuser Beverly Nelson Admits She Forged Yearbook  (Read 7293 times)

Offline aligncare

Re: Bombshell: Roy Moore Accuser Beverly Nelson Admits She Forged Yearbook
« Reply #75 on: December 09, 2017, 12:09:58 am »
I must be a psychic.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,293446.msg1533627.html#msg1533627

Well, I always knew you were a little crazy...oh, psych-ic...never mind, then.

Silver Pines

« Reply #76 on: December 09, 2017, 12:13:48 am »
@CatherineofAragon

No, Conservatism - TRUE Conservatism - Is based in principle things. True things cannot cease to be anything.
True==True.

@roamer_1

It doesn't matter when conservatives abandon principle to win.

It's a natural progression.  It started with the embrace of Trump, and it wasn't going to get any better.  The list of things that will be excused/ignored/sanctioned will get longer.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #77 on: December 09, 2017, 12:18:19 am »
@Bigun

To prove that you're slobbering over a false headline?

Taken care of, and thanks.

@CatherineofAragon

I knew when I was posting it that YOU would NEVER admit to being wrong and TA! DA! I was right again!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #78 on: December 09, 2017, 12:20:01 am »
@roamer_1

It's a natural progression.  It started with the embrace of Trump, and it wasn't going to get any better.  The list of things that will be excused/ignored/sanctioned will get longer.

And in the process of being so moral, one turns their back on the unborn. No thank you.

CWA, Concerned Women of America say Trump's administration has been the best pro-life administration ever. I'll go with this instead of one's sanctimonious conjecture.  https://www.westernjournal.com/concerned-women-for-america-calls-trump-most-pro-life-president-in-modern-history/

@CatherineofAragon

Online roamer_1

« Reply #79 on: December 09, 2017, 12:22:40 am »

No one has abandoned principle. In fact, principle is precisely what the most of us are defending. And it is an insult to claim otherwise.

Most of those defending Moore are not defending Trump (I certainly won't), or are late to his party. You have declared it as mere Republican-ism, until it was pointed out that most are not Republicans. Now you settle your ire on Conservatives with this accusation.

In that, you are stone dead wrong. You should already understand what we (the most of us) consider a 'win'.

Silver Pines

« Reply #80 on: December 09, 2017, 12:23:43 am »
@CatherineofAragon

I knew when I was posting it that YOU would NEVER admit to being wrong and TA! DA! I was right again!

@Bigun

It's not about *me* being wrong or right, Bigun.  It's about accuracy, which is something conservatives used to be concerned with. 

I showed you that Fox had to correct a false headline---the one you posted---and you're still pushing the headline.  That doesn't make sense, does it?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #81 on: December 09, 2017, 12:25:11 am »
@Cyber Liberty

Nice saying, but logically it doesn't work that way.   Oh, it doesn't look good, no doubt, but the fault for this has to be laid at Allred's feet.  She was a bad choice from the outset.

This will be used to dismiss the whole story by those who were looking for a reason to do so.  Allred has made it that much more difficult for victims of sexual abuse to come forward now.

I'm sorry, but you've been played....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Silver Pines

« Reply #82 on: December 09, 2017, 12:31:11 am »
No one has abandoned principle. In fact, principle is precisely what the most of us are defending. And it is an insult to claim otherwise.

Most of those defending Moore are not defending Trump (I certainly won't), or are late to his party. You have declared it as mere Republican-ism, until it was pointed out that most are not Republicans. Now you settle your ire on Conservatives with this accusation.

In that, you are stone dead wrong. You should already understand what we (the most of us) consider a 'win'.

@roamer_1

That's the irony of it.  Many Moore fans are also hardcore Trumpists, but some who recognized that blind support of Trump have fallen into the same trap with Moore.  And they don't even see it.

Nah, I'm not wrong.  And I do understand what you consider a win...too well.

Silver Pines

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #84 on: December 09, 2017, 12:47:23 am »
@Bigun

It's not about *me* being wrong or right, Bigun.  It's about accuracy, which is something conservatives used to be concerned with. 

I showed you that Fox had to correct a false headline---the one you posted---and you're still pushing the headline.  That doesn't make sense, does it?

@CatherineofAragon

I saw the Fox correction hours before you posted it on this thread (Myst posted it as a stand alone thread) but what does it change in reality?  N O T H I N G  ! ! !
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #85 on: December 09, 2017, 12:49:29 am »
@roamer_1
@CatherineofAragon
@mystery-ak

Catherine, I haven't bothered to read this thread as the title is wrong and it doesn't surprise me that it is.  It was obvious someone else wrote the date and the name of the restaurant beneath where Moore wrote a note and signed his name.  His handwriting on this one is just like the handwriting he wrote on a card he sent to another woman who has come forward since that time.

None of this matters; it's a waste of time to write on these threads.  He should win unless enough Republican women don't vote or don't vote for him.  It is hard for Republicans not to vote Republican.  I had to keep up with election numbers for our county and other counties.  A study of voting history shows something we Republicans who worked in politics knew and this is it and always gives us the advantage: 

1.  Republicans will vote in every single election even if it is a special one just to vote for dog catcher.  They vote in the Primary, a Primary run off, and General Election that is not a Presidential Year, and a General Election that IS a Presidential Election, and any special election such as this one, and School Board Election and City Election  - every single election.

2.  A majority of Democrats will vote in a Primary Election, but not ALL Democrats will vote in a Primary Election.  Even less of them will vote in a Primary run off.  Not all of them will vote in a General Election that is not a Presidential Year.  All Democrats will vote in a Presidential Year.
Less of them will vote in a special election.  The truth of the matter is, the Democrat black vote cannot be counted on in any election except a Presidential Year election - unless a great effort happens to get them to the polls.  They know who their president is and that matters to them, but the rest of the down ballot is not that important to them.

I have seen in the past several days, an effort is being made to let blacks know this is an important election, making them aware of their duty to vote.  If they turn out in record numbers, the Democrat could win IF some of the Republicans break rank and don't vote or don't vote for Moore.

Again, Republicans are stubborn about voting - they are going to do it no matter what election it is.  We always have the advantage in a special election.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 12:52:43 am by Victoria33 »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Silver Pines

« Reply #87 on: December 09, 2017, 01:17:04 am »
@CatherineofAragon
@mystery-ak

Catherine, I haven't bothered to read this thread as the title is wrong and it doesn't surprise me that it is.  It was obvious someone else wrote the date and the name of the restaurant beneath where Moore wrote a note and signed his name.  His handwriting on this one is just like the handwriting he wrote on a card he sent to another woman who has come forward since that time.

None of this matters; it's a waste of time to write on these threads.  He should win unless enough Republican women don't vote or don't vote for him.  It is hard for Republicans not to vote Republican.  I had to keep up with election numbers for our county and other counties.  A study of voting history shows something we Republicans who worked in politics knew and this is it and always gives us the advantage: 

1.  Republicans will vote in every single election even if it is a special one just to vote for dog catcher.  They vote in the Primary, a Primary run off, and General Election that is not a Presidential Year, and a General Election that IS a Presidential Election, and any special election such as this one, and School Board Election and City Election  - every single election.

2.  A majority of Democrats will vote in a Primary Election, but not ALL Democrats will vote in a Primary Election.  Even less of them will vote in a Primary run off.  Not all of them will vote in a General Election that is not a Presidential Year.  All Democrats will vote in a Presidential Year.
Less of them will vote in a special election.  The truth of the matter is, the Democrat black vote cannot be counted on in any election except a Presidential Year election - unless a great effort happens to get them to the polls.  They know who their president is and that matters to them, but the rest of the down ballot is not that important to them.

I have seen in the past several days, an effort is being made to let blacks know this is an important election, making them aware of their duty to vote.  If they turn out in record numbers, the Democrat could win IF some of the Republicans break rank and don't vote or don't vote for Moore.

Again, Republicans are stubborn about voting - they are going to do it no matter what election it is.  We always have the advantage in a special election.

@Victoria33

You're right about it being a waste of time.  It's the damndest thing I've seen...it actually eclipses the things that went on during the election.  The outright refusal to believe or address fact, or the willful self-blinding, is amazing. 

Aside from Moore's fondness for kids, there's plenty of material to illustrate that he's unfit for office.  The lies about not receiving a salary from his nonprofit, and putting his family on the payroll...his remark that Putin is more like him than he knew, and that America is evil.  If any leftist said that, the right would scream.  But as long as he's *our* Jeremian Wright, we're just fine with it. 

There's more but his supporters don't want to hear it.  And it's news to them because they don't want to know about it.  They want to stay in the non-reality of the Breitbart bubble with its alternative facts...that was the term, right?   Truth is something to run away from because of politics.  That's nothing short of sick.

Count me out.  I said from the start he would win.  We're getting the government we deserve.

I just hope parents in D.C. keep their teenaged girls away from him when he gets there.

Offline ConservativeGranny

« Reply #88 on: December 09, 2017, 01:30:58 am »
So the inscription and signature are real, but she added notes under it.

I think there was some thought that the "Moore D.A. 12-22-77 Olde Hickory House" was added later, so this would make sense.

Yep. There were more than one of us here who noticed that it looked like it had been added to. I can't believe Allred did see that as well. My guess is that she knew. This should have been disclosed at the get-go. Now everything this witness says is discredited. I do believe he signed her yearbook. That part of it I believe is genuine. It was stupid of her to lie about this. Why not just say "I added that line to remember who he was, the date and the place." It wouldn't seem odd to me to add something like that after a signature of someone who was important or of note.

Creepy guys seldom change their ways. If he is the sleazy type it won't be long until he gets caught. Especially in this climate. Like I said before, glad I don't have to make a choice in the ballot box on this one.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #89 on: December 09, 2017, 01:40:56 am »
That's the irony of it.  Many Moore fans are also hardcore Trumpists, but some who recognized that blind support of Trump have fallen into the same trap with Moore.  And they don't even see it.

@CatherineofAragon

Not a trap at all. All I would require is evidence. There is none.
Just a dog-and-pony show, just like every other time the DNC runs a hatchet job... Complete with Gloria Allred.
SOSDD.

If you expect me to destroy a man over such a blatant pile of bullcrap, you've another think coming. I am open to convincing - Just show me the evidence necessary to change my mind.

so far:
A barely plausible, highly discredited 14yo.
The hallmark case (Allred included), wholly discredited root and branch.
The mall banning discredited.
The butt-grab - Ridiculous.
Multiple accusers with an axe to grind because Moore put their kin away.
Multiple accusers with a partisan grudge.
The rest portray him as a perfect gentleman - Quite to the contrary of the monstrous accusations.

And thirty years without a peep. Without a single case of faithlessness to his wife.

Again, there is *NOTHING* to hang these allegations upon.
Convince me if you can.

Nah, I'm not wrong.  And I do understand what you consider a win...too well.

Careful, before that particular chunk is flung.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 01:41:16 am by roamer_1 »

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #90 on: December 09, 2017, 01:50:01 am »
@roamer_1

The 14 yr. old's friend who was told about it when it happened, was on CNN this evening.  She lives in California and has been hounded by reporters to say something.  When her friend told her, and she recounted what was said to her, she told her not to see him again. 

So, there is a witness who was told at the time and there was another man they had on who had also been told - I didn't catch who he was as our phone rang about that time, so that is another witness.

Maybe this will come out after he becomes a senator if they check into these charges.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #91 on: December 09, 2017, 01:54:27 am »
@roamer_1

The 14 yr. old's friend who was told about it when it happened, was on CNN this evening.  She lives in California and has been hounded by reporters to say something.  When her friend told her, and she recounted what was said to her, she told her not to see him again. 

So, there is a witness who was told at the time and there was another man they had on who had also been told - I didn't catch who he was as our phone rang about that time, so that is another witness.

Maybe this will come out after he becomes a senator if they check into these charges.

@Victoria33

Still hearsay. Why should I believe it? Who is to say it isn't just every bit as concocted as so much of this has proven to be?

Silver Pines

« Reply #92 on: December 09, 2017, 02:19:41 am »

Careful, before that particular chunk is flung.

@roamer_1, I'm not taking instructions from you on what I mean to say, understand?

Take it as you like, but maybe think about whether your conscience is making you jump a little.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #93 on: December 09, 2017, 02:22:48 am »
@Victoria33

Still hearsay. Why should I believe it? Who is to say it isn't just every bit as concocted as so much of this has proven to be?
@roamer_1

Just telling you what I saw/heard this evening, that's all.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #94 on: December 09, 2017, 02:29:48 am »
@roamer_1, I'm not taking instructions from you on what I mean to say, understand?

@CatherineofAragon

Where it concerns me, and the accusation you are alluding to, take care.

Take it as you like, but maybe think about whether your conscience is making you jump a little.

Why would my conscience 'jump'? I am standing upon perfectly solid ground.
I quite honestly don't believe a damn bit of it.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 02:38:08 am by roamer_1 »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #95 on: December 09, 2017, 02:36:42 am »
@roamer_1

Just telling you what I saw/heard this evening, that's all.

@Victoria33 

meh. I see this as a highly orchestrated con. And that position is largely defensible. That they called up a couple more bit players to bleed the deal is not surprising. They've lost the polls. All they can do is beat the dead horse.

This is why evidence is required.
Get enough tongues to waggin and there ain't many that won't go right down the garden path.
And that's what this is. I can smell it 10 miles away. Folks are getting played.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 03:30:10 am by roamer_1 »

Silver Pines

« Reply #96 on: December 09, 2017, 03:03:05 am »
@CatherineofAragon

Where it concerns me, and the accusation you are alluding to, take care.

@roamer_1

No.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #97 on: December 09, 2017, 03:08:03 am »
@roamer_1

No.

@CatherineofAragon
Then like so many others, you and I are done. I was content to believe that people of good conscience can disagree amicably. In your case, evidently, that is not so. Have a swell day. 

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #98 on: December 09, 2017, 03:22:22 am »
(I)t’s ridiculous that attorney Gloria Allred and Nelson didn’t reveal that fact when they originally showed
the yearbook. It calls into question whether any of the other writing was tampered with; being honest and
forthright would have been the only decent policy here. What’s more, Nelson writing the time and location
under Moore’s signature but failing to disclose it pegs the date to Nelson’s memory without acknowledging
that Moore didn’t date the signature in the first place.

But conservative media immediately decided to deliberately overplay Nelson’s actual statement. Breitbart
headlined: “Bombshell: Roy Moore Accuser Beverly Nelson Admits She Forged Yearbook.” . . .

All Moore supporters were looking for was a peg to hang their charges of forgery on; Nelson and Allred
provided the peg. But it’s simply untrue to say that Nelson admitted she “forged” the yearbook. She insists
that the note and signature from Moore are authentic. What’s more, we know that another woman claims
she has a copy of a graduation card with Moore’s signature. And there is another accuser who says Moore
molested her when she was 14, and several other women under 18 who say Moore tried to date them when
he was in his early 30s.

There’s no reason to lie about the story here. Nelson wrote in the yearbook. She didn’t reveal it. That raises
reasonable doubts. But she did
not admit to forging Moore’s signature or his note.

---Ben Shapiro, The Daily Wire.

« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 03:22:43 am by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Silver Pines

« Reply #99 on: December 09, 2017, 03:22:41 am »
@CatherineofAragon
Then like so many others, you and I are done. I was content to believe that people of good conscience can disagree amicably. In your case, evidently, that is not so. Have a swell day.

@roamer_1

Oh, please, who are you kidding?  You were there days ago.

You're preoccupied with the honor of men but you don't understand or care about the honor of women.  This isn't the frontier and we're not in the 18th century.

Like quite a few conservative women, I've come to understand that many conservative men will betray us for political expediency.  You're one of them, and I have no use for you.