Author Topic: John Lewis to Skip Civil Rights Museum Opening Due to Trump  (Read 750 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
John Lewis to Skip Civil Rights Museum Opening Due to Trump
« on: December 07, 2017, 10:53:18 pm »
Thursday, 07 Dec 2017 04:14 PM

U.S. Rep John Lewis announced Thursday that won't speak at the opening of Mississippi civil rights and history museums, saying it's an "insult" that President Donald Trump will attend.

The long-planned Saturday ceremony will mark Mississippi's bicentennial of admission into the union. But what was intended as a moment of racial unity and atonement in the state with the largest share of African-Americans is descending into racial and partisan strife after Republican Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant invited fellow Republican Trump to attend.

The NAACP has said Trump should cancel his planned appearance because of his divisive record on civil rights issues.

more
https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/john-lewis-skipping-civil-rights/2017/12/07/id/830563/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: John Lewis to Skip Civil Rights Museum Opening Due to Trump
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 10:55:23 pm »
John Lewis is a tool.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 10:59:00 pm »
Lewis has been expected to be one of the main speakers at the event, along with Myrlie Evers, the widow of assassinated Mississippi NAACP leader Medgar Evers. Evers has said she will address Trump's presence.

"If God gives me the breath and the strength, I will address his attendance when I stand to speak," she told The New York Times.

Awesome. These morons are going to ruin their own event doing stuff that makes them look petty and small. Hilarious.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 11:07:40 pm »
Thursday, 07 Dec 2017 04:14 PM

U.S. Rep John Lewis announced Thursday that won't speak at the opening of Mississippi civil rights and history museums, saying it's an "insult" that President Donald Trump will attend.

The long-planned Saturday ceremony will mark Mississippi's bicentennial of admission into the union. But what was intended as a moment of racial unity and atonement in the state with the largest share of African-Americans is descending into racial and partisan strife after Republican Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant invited fellow Republican Trump to attend.

The NAACP has said Trump should cancel his planned appearance because of his divisive record on civil rights issues.

more
https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/john-lewis-skipping-civil-rights/2017/12/07/id/830563/

What a jerk.  If Trump failed to attend, Lewis would be dancing in the streets.

Now, he's so dumb he's boycotting his own event.

Duh.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2017, 11:24:29 pm »
Martin Luther King Jr would be so ashamed of all these guys.....    **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2017, 11:29:18 pm »
Martin Luther King Jr would be so ashamed of all these guys.....    **nononono*

Bullshit. He'd be right in there with the rest of the race pumps today. Lewis and Rev Jackson were with King in '68. Where they are now is where he would be too.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2017, 11:32:54 pm »
Bullshit. He'd be right in there with the rest of the race pumps today. Lewis and Rev Jackson were with King in '68. Where they are now is where he would be too.

Jackson was a hanger-oner sycophant.  He was no more heir to King's legacy than I am.

Lewis was a young guy.  Not an inner circle member.

MLK wouldn't have behaved as badly as either of these guys do.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2017, 11:37:23 pm »
All the typical race hustlers will skip as well I bet, including Jesse, Sharpton and perhaps the entire Black Congressional Caucus.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2017, 11:43:45 pm »

He'd be in the middle of his own Me Too scandal.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2017, 12:34:26 am »
Jackson was a hanger-oner sycophant.  He was no more heir to King's legacy than I am.

I understand that MLK didn't think too highly of Jackson.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2017, 12:35:21 am »
He'd be in the middle of his own Me Too scandal.

Well, that's a good possibility.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2017, 12:36:54 am »
I understand that MLK didn't think too highly of Jackson.

That's what I've read.  Jackson jumped on the MLK "legacy" thing as soon as he was assassinated.

He made the whole thing up.

And he's been making up stuff ever since.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2017, 12:36:32 pm »
John Lewis is a tool.

Lewis is a POS.  He has zero desire for a colorblind society.  Just another race pimp trying to keep us all separated.

Lewis is also a lying POS.  His false charges against TEA Party members was beyond reprehensible.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Applewood

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2017, 12:57:40 pm »
Fine, John, stay home.  No one really cares. 

More food and beverages for everyone else.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2017, 05:57:39 pm »
John Lewis, racist.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2017, 06:09:38 pm »

I think not and I hope not but, unhappily, he sealed his reputation by being assassinated.

So did that scoundrel JFK and the other scoundrel Bobby K.  And, maybe ... the King?

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2017, 06:11:00 pm »
Okay, I shouldn't have put Elvis in the mix.  He wasn't assassinated, except by his own lifestyle.