Author Topic: New Study Shows Gay Men Have Variation Of DNA Over Straight men  (Read 27018 times)

Offline mirraflake

Re: New Study Shows Gay Men Have Variation Of DNA Over Straight men
« Reply #375 on: December 19, 2017, 09:44:14 pm »

In ancient Sparta infants who were born less than perfect were hurled to their death from cliff tops.

..and in today's era  we are mortified over such actions.

100 years from now people like you will be looked upon as  witch burners.

@To-Whose-Benefit?

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #376 on: December 19, 2017, 09:46:06 pm »
Same ones who claim people will never love past 120 years because the Bible says so. Well I believe there are documentated cases right now of 115 or 116 year olds.

When the time comes when we can splice out gene defects/disease or the aging gene  and people live to 125-130 on  a regular basis their retort will be God Willed It

@truth_seeker

The Bible doesn't say people will never live past 120.  In fact there are several cases where people in the bible are much much older, say 900 years old.   Do I understand it? no but my understanding is not a requirement for the bible to be true.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #377 on: December 19, 2017, 09:51:51 pm »
Copperhead Democrats in the 19th Century advanced the argument that Slavery was a Positive Good because the Slaves/Blacks were incapable of life on its own terms.

Being a Slave was for their own good.

Behaviors were genetic.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #378 on: December 19, 2017, 09:54:28 pm »
The Bible doesn't say people will never live past 120.  In fact there are several cases where people in the bible are much much older, say 900 years old.   Do I understand it? no but my understanding is not a requirement for the bible to be true.

Do you believe in 900 year old people, in ancient times?

I am fairly certain there is no scientific evidence of such a phenomenon. They are able to estimate the ages of those people from the bones.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #379 on: December 19, 2017, 09:57:20 pm »
..and in today's era  we are mortified over such actions.

100 years from now people like you will be looked upon as  witch burners.

@To-Whose-Benefit?

I love having my point deliberately turned inside out and stood on its head to have me saying the Opposite of what I said.

Want to try again?

Then, in Sparta, at a very young age boys were sent out to kill a wolf.

If they failed, the wolf cleansed their substandard genes out of the pool.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #380 on: December 20, 2017, 12:00:25 am »
All right people. For the record, the Amelikites WERE abominable people. As were several dozen other tribes that carried the seed of the Nephilim . The origination of homosexuality came with the rise of pagan worship. I believe there is no genetic predisposition to be homosexual. It is ALL environmental factors. There are a huge number of people who claim to be homosexual out of defiance to their true nature. Defiant to God and His plan. Or they are just plain stupid. They can go flock themselves.

Read Romans chapter one.

There is an alarming number of people in this world today who really do think "fat, stupid, and lazy" is the way to go through life. And there is an equally alarming number of people who agree, or at least acquiesce to the idea. 

@bigheadfred

You can believe whatever you want if you don't mind being wrong,but I have even seen a homosexual dog. It belonged to the wife of a friend of mine,and was the most disgusting animal I have ever seen. I don't think I need to describe what happened when a female dog came into heat.

Granted,I THINK the number of true hard-wired genetic homosexuals is greatly inflated for political purposes.  MUCH rarer than the number of true hard-wired genetic heterosexuals.

There seems to be a lot of bi-sexuals running around,though.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Oceander

« Reply #381 on: December 20, 2017, 12:20:23 am »
Copperhead Democrats in the 19th Century advanced the argument that Slavery was a Positive Good because the Slaves/Blacks were incapable of life on its own terms.

Being a Slave was for their own good.

Behaviors were genetic.

Turns out they were wrong. 

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #382 on: December 20, 2017, 01:56:37 am »

Thank you for making an excellent point. Are you a human being? Or are you an animal?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline aligncare

« Reply #383 on: December 20, 2017, 01:56:52 am »

Sex behavior perpetuates the species. Sexual and asexual reproduction is a universal constant, a biological imperative of life. Engaging in sex, unless you’re part of a monastic order or have some medical condition, is not a choice. Our DNA was precisely designed for replication and we are compelled – and I’ll say damn well need – to engage in sex for that to happen.

I don’t pretend to understand same sex attraction but I know that sex behavior is the mechanism for DNA replication – species gotta gets its freak on – and whatever difference (or abnormality if you prefer) that’s involved in the development and growth of same sex attracted people must lie somewhere in their DNA.

It’s the genome, stupid.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #384 on: December 20, 2017, 02:15:27 am »
Thank you for making an excellent point. Are you a human being? Or are you an animal?

@bigheadfred

I am human,therefore I am an animal.

And you?

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #385 on: December 20, 2017, 03:32:39 am »
@bigheadfred

I am human,therefore I am an animal.

And you?

Foxy lady.

I'm having you for dinner.

Do you give into your carnal instincts? Or do you have the UNDERSTANDING to resist?

I really have to ask you. In all of your life and all you have seen, you can't incude the possibility of Intelligent Design?

In-flight movie. We have chicken, or we have fish.

In complete answer to your question. Human. Resistance towards ascendency is the new normal. I have, will, and will continue to stand in the face of the unnnatural. I seek ascendancy. But if you insist on animal, so be it. Mean it if you bring it to my house. There will be no mercy.

In ALL cultures-choose unconnected Amazon tribes-- they all have the concept of some sort of Divinity. Why is that? Apparently without any of the inflences of "our" recorded history.

Because by their HUMAN nature the "understand; and acknowledge that Divinity.

Homosexuality defies the Law of Creation. HIS rules. Follow them or GTFO.

Don't give in. I'm not going to.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 06:58:23 am by Mod1 »
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #386 on: December 20, 2017, 05:23:26 am »
I'm having you for dinner.

@bigheadfred

No,you're not. I am a raging heterosexual.

Do you give into your carnal instincts? Or do you have the UNDERSTANDING to resist?

What a strange question. I'm not a Masochist,so why would I resist  doing something I would want to do?

I really have to ask you. In all of your life and all you have seen, you can't incude the possibility of Intelligent Design?

I see very little intelligence. Mostly herd animals with 2 legs.

In complete answer to your question. Human. Resistance towards ascendency is the new normal. I have, will, and will continue to stand in the face of the unnnatural. I seek ascendancy. But if you insist on animal, so be it. Mean it if you bring it to my house. There will be no mercy.

What,I'm supposed to be skeered because you have Gawd on yore side? What does your God think about your suggesting you would kill and eat me because that would be the proper thing for a follower of the Prince of Peace to do?

In ALL cultures-choose unconnected Amazon tribes-- they all have the concept of some sort of Divinity. Why is that? Apparently without any of the inflences of "our" recorded history.

Because people are afraid of death,and will blindly follow any lie you tell if you will promise them life forever.

Because by their HUMAN nature the "understand; and acknowledge that Divinity.

HorseHillary! They do it on the off chance they won't have to die.

Homosexuality defies the Law of Creation. HIS rules. Follow them or GTFO.

Yeah,wasn't Jesus the dude that only hung around with hairly-legged men and told them to "love your fellow man"?

« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 06:59:40 am by Mod1 »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #387 on: December 20, 2017, 11:33:17 am »
There is no more a "gay Gene" than there is a gene that makes a person prefer a blonde over a brunette or a red head.

It's personal preference lain and simple.

Claming there is a "gay gene" is just the latest stunt by the PC LGBTXYZ crowd to try and normalize something that is clearly abnormal.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 11:52:51 am by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #388 on: December 20, 2017, 11:45:33 am »
There is no more a "gay Gene" than there is a gene that makes a person prefer a blinded over a brunette or a red head.

Claming there is a "gay gene" is just the latest stunt by the PC LGBTXYZ crowd to try and normalize something that is clearly abnormal.

Yup. No more than there is any such thing as a woman trapped in a man's body.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #389 on: December 20, 2017, 12:40:30 pm »
There is no more a "gay Gene" than there is a gene that makes a person prefer a blonde over a brunette or a red head.

I agree: there is probably no single "gay gene", and homosexuality is abnormal by definition.  But, that wasn't the discussion.

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #390 on: December 20, 2017, 12:58:54 pm »
I agree: there is probably no single "gay gene", and homosexuality is abnormal by definition.  But, that wasn't the discussion.

Oh. That explains everything. It wasn't the discussion, Despite the Title of the thread.

The 'Discussion' careened headlong down the side heading of a Religious Flame War that had not 1 but 2 Moderators attempt to drag it back On Topic.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #391 on: December 20, 2017, 01:28:54 pm »
@Suppressed @To-Whose-Benefit? @musiclady
Kinda interesting that you picked the theory of gravity.   I'm not expert but then again is anyone?   Can anyone explain gravity? Why it works, how it works, where it works?   Nearly everything we know is due to observation.  Newton tried but it wasn't until Einstein that we had a real theory.  The theory of relativity, or spacetime, is proposed as what causes gravity.

Here on earth if I drop a rock it falls to the ground.   Nearly everywhere else in the universe it would stay exactly where I released it.   At least if our observations are correct.   But then our observations are based on assumptions and the observation of light particles that are billions of years old in some cases.  Observations and a lot of fancy math that could be tossed on its ear with the next observation.
Actually, what the rock did would depend on your point of reference. It might 'stay' from your point of view, but you and the rock might be moving at millions of miles per second relative to another location in space.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #392 on: December 20, 2017, 01:34:14 pm »
Actually, what the rock did would depend on your point of reference. It might 'stay' from your point of view, but you and the rock might be moving at millions of miles per second relative to another location in space.

@Smokin Joe
Both could be true, since both objects are already moving at such speeds relative to other locations.

But if you're gonna go all matrix on me then I'll have the red pill and the girl in the matching red dress.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #393 on: December 20, 2017, 01:42:08 pm »
This stuff is brand new in the history of man. Give it another 15-20 years. We still don't have the common cold cured.
@To-Whose-Benefit?
The common cold will not be cured until it is economically advantageous to do so. Do you have any idea what the cold symptom reliever market is worth? (Billions)

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #394 on: December 20, 2017, 01:57:33 pm »
@Smokin Joe
Both could be true, since both objects are already moving at such speeds relative to other locations.

But if you're gonna go all matrix on me then I'll have the red pill and the girl in the matching red dress.
Never watched the movie, don't do pills, ladies in red dresses are taken on a case-by-case basis. Just pointing out some measurements aren't as absolute as we might think, but Newton even wrote that in. It is our measurement of the motion or lack thereof of the rock in space that may be flawed. We don't even know enough to pick a point in the universe that relative to all others is stationary to measure from, so we are stuck with our frame of reference. If we could find that point (0,0,0,0t), then we could put all else in perspective.

The question that nearly got me kicked out of a College Physics class:

If E=mc2, then as a star releases energy, it loses mass. As the star loses mass, the amount of gravitational force it exerts decreases as well (FG=G(m1m2)/r2).

How long does it take for that decrease in force to be felt at a point in space (What is the velocity of gravity?)

I was told if I ever brought that up in class again (even though it was after class) I would be given an F for the year.

C S Lewis

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #395 on: December 20, 2017, 02:00:56 pm »
Never watched the movie, don't do pills, ladies in red dresses are taken on a case-by-case basis. Just pointing out some measurements aren't as absolute as we might think, but Newton even wrote that in. It is our measurement of the motion or lack thereof of the rock in space that may be flawed. We don't even know enough to pick a point in the universe that relative to all others is stationary to measure from, so we are stuck with our frame of reference. If we could find that point (0,0,0,0t), then we could put all else in perspective.

If E=mc2, then as a star releases energy, it loses mass. As the star loses mass, the amount of gravitational force it exerts decreases as well (FG=G(m1m2)/r2).

How long does it take for that decrease in force to be felt at a point in space (What is the velocity of gravity?)

I was told if I ever brought that up in class again (even though it was after class) I would be given an F for the year.

Thats because they don't know the answer, or at least how to prove the answer.

Perhaps that explains why the universe is expanding.  All that energy the gajullions of suns are releasing are in turn reducing the mass/gravity in the universe.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #396 on: December 20, 2017, 02:02:45 pm »

BTW

Offline thackney

« Reply #397 on: December 20, 2017, 02:06:20 pm »
The common cold will not be cured until it is economically advantageous to do so. Do you have any idea what the cold symptom reliever market is worth? (Billions)

And how much would you pay to never get a cold again?  While the industry might loose dollars, the one company finding the "cure" would make dollars.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #398 on: December 20, 2017, 02:15:55 pm »
And how much would you pay to never get a cold again?  While the industry might loose dollars, the one company finding the "cure" would make dollars.

@thackney
Would they?  More than likely the other companies would buy it and shut the product down.

Doesn't matter though because creating a new drug is very expensive by design and its extremely difficult for startups to get the funding needed to put new meds thru the process.

Drug companies make customers, not cures.  The amount of money at stake is staggering.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #399 on: December 20, 2017, 02:18:18 pm »
If I were to get colds at the rate I usually do, I can expect maybe 1 or 2 more in my lifetime. They usually are mild, and of short duration, so it might not be worth much to me at all. YMMV

C S Lewis