Author Topic: House Democrat slams Donald Trump Jr. for ‘serious case of amnesia’ after testimony  (Read 617 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
House Democrat slams Donald Trump Jr. for ‘serious case of amnesia’ after testimony
By Mallory Shelbourne - 12/06/17 08:42 PM EST

Rep. Jackie Speier (D-Calif.) said Wednesday that Donald Trump Jr.’s interview with the House Intelligence Committee reveals “a very serious case of amnesia." She slammed President Trump’s eldest son for not answering the committee’s questions.

“My takeaway is he has a very serious case of amnesia and he was pretty non-responsive on a lot of issues that frankly, you would have a recollection of, considering it was just a year ago that many of these events took place,” Speier told CNN’s “Erin Burnett Outfront.”

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/house/363690-house-democrat-slams-donald-trump-jr-for-serious-case-of-amnesia-after
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fantom

Meh, worked for real criminals like the Clintons. Personally, I would not give them the time of day, least I end up Scooter-ed.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Would they say this about Hillary Clinton when she testified? Of course not.

Hillary Clinton told the FBI she couldn’t recall something more than three dozen times

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/09/02/the-many-things-hillary-clinton-couldnt-recall-in-her-fbi-interview/?utm_term=.415032a686b4

! No longer available
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 02:10:36 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
They seem to be forgetting something themselves...........Queen Amnesia.

Hillary Clinton Told The FBI She Couldn’t Recall Something More Than Three Dozen Times

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/09/02/the-many-things-hillary-clinton-couldnt-recall-in-her-fbi-interview/?utm_term=.0232bfc73029
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Fantom

AN olde linky but still a classic. http://prorev.com/hillary.htm

NUMBER OF TIMES that Hillary Clinton, providing testimony to Congress, said that she didn't remember, didn't know, or something similar: 250
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Victoria33

@mystery-ak

Your title must be wrong - people posting are speaking about Hillary, not Don,Jr.

Offline Fantom

@mystery-ak

Your title must be wrong - people posting are speaking about Hillary, not Don,Jr.

Probably because it speaks to the hypocrisy of that democrat...and the rest of them.  Quite related to this thread.

Frederick Douglass

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Gowdy was on Fox earlier talking about this inquisition. They crossed examined him for 10 hours on a 30 min meeting in Trump Tower that was said to be so boring that Jared Kushner got up and left. Gowdy said nothing new was learned today.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ConservativeGranny

Probably because it speaks to the hypocrisy of that democrat...and the rest of them.  Quite related to this thread.

We all know the Dems are hypocrites but what does that have to do with Donald Jr.'s testimony?

My instincts and what I have seen and heard so far tell me he is probably as bad as Clinton. So would we rather stop him now or wait until he runs for office someday?

If we really want to clear the swamp we have to weed out all of the alligators not just the ones who are not on our team. And the hypocrite crocs have to go as well. Otherwise what's the point? A crook is a crook, a liar is a liar whether they are Catholic or Protestant. Immorality really knows no party lines. All humans are susceptible to sin and corruption.

Whataboutism isn't  going to get it done. Neither is tribalism. Every day I see more and more hypocrites with a "R" after their names too. I keep seeing Repubs caught with their pants down so to speak using the "I can't recall"  or "I don't remember" line. Another fave lately is "I apologize but I don't remember it that way". Anyone with half a brain knows what they are doing and it isn't any more okay because a Repub does it rather than a Dem. It seems the Repubs' solution now is to join everyone else in hell because it just feels so good. The problem isn't so much the party that they belong to but the feeling of entitlement and that politicians believe they are above the law. From the lowest town crier to the POTUS. If we really want to drain the swamp we must stick to a moral standard, no excuses, and no party loyalty for bad behavior. We need to expect and demand the highest standards from our representatives and stop rewarding their behavior by re-electing them just because they are on our team. I wouldn't accept this kind of crapola from my own children and I am not going to accept it from a politician either. We will gain nothing by populating the swamp with more of the same just wearing a different color jersey.

I'd love to see Hillary and Bill both behind bars where I believe they belong.  I don't have any power in that regards. Too bad Trump didn't do something about that. Why not put pressure on him to follow through?  After all, from what I'm hearing the POTUS has a right to his opinion and cannot obstruct justice. Sounds to me like putting pressure on the DOJ to investigate Hillary should be okie dokie.

Heck, if we really ever start clearing the swamp we may need to build a few extra dungeons just to hold all of  rotten crooks that call themselves public servants. It's going to take some time. These political creeps have been in DC a long time. That was the first mistake is not having terms limits on these guys.  Already the dems are pressuring some of their own to resign their behavior has been so bad. That is a bit of progress. I don't think they have suddenly found religion but I think they realize that the public won't continue to tolerate this and it may be getting closer to tar and feathering time. But calling them hypocrites really isn't going to get us anywhere. In the first place they don't care. They have to be afraid of something bigger than being called a bad name. And our side joining in isn't going to help us either. In fact it will just make it much much worse. It's sending a message to our reps that it is okay with us and we will give them a pass because the other guys did it first. Think about that. Wonder if we raised our children that way? Would we expect good results?

Offline Fantom

We all know the Dems are hypocrites but what does that have to do with Donald Jr.'s testimony?

My instincts and what I have seen and heard so far tell me he is probably as bad as Clinton. So would we rather stop him now or wait until he runs for office someday?

If we really want to clear the swamp we have to weed out all of the alligators not just the ones who are not on our team. And the hypocrite crocs have to go as well. Otherwise what's the point? A crook is a crook, a liar is a liar whether they are Catholic or Protestant. Immorality really knows no party lines. All humans are susceptible to sin and corruption.

Whataboutism isn't  going to get it done. Neither is tribalism. Every day I see more and more hypocrites with a "R" after their names too. I keep seeing Repubs caught with their pants down so to speak using the "I can't recall"  or "I don't remember" line. Another fave lately is "I apologize but I don't remember it that way". Anyone with half a brain knows what they are doing and it isn't any more okay because a Repub does it rather than a Dem. It seems the Repubs' solution now is to join everyone else in hell because it just feels so good. The problem isn't so much the party that they belong to but the feeling of entitlement and that politicians believe they are above the law. From the lowest town crier to the POTUS. If we really want to drain the swamp we must stick to a moral standard, no excuses, and no party loyalty for bad behavior. We need to expect and demand the highest standards from our representatives and stop rewarding their behavior by re-electing them just because they are on our team. I wouldn't accept this kind of crapola from my own children and I am not going to accept it from a politician either. We will gain nothing by populating the swamp with more of the same just wearing a different color jersey.

I'd love to see Hillary and Bill both behind bars where I believe they belong.  I don't have any power in that regards. Too bad Trump didn't do something about that. Why not put pressure on him to follow through?  After all, from what I'm hearing the POTUS has a right to his opinion and cannot obstruct justice. Sounds to me like putting pressure on the DOJ to investigate Hillary should be okie dokie.

Heck, if we really ever start clearing the swamp we may need to build a few extra dungeons just to hold all of  rotten crooks that call themselves public servants. It's going to take some time. These political creeps have been in DC a long time. That was the first mistake is not having terms limits on these guys.  Already the dems are pressuring some of their own to resign their behavior has been so bad. That is a bit of progress. I don't think they have suddenly found religion but I think they realize that the public won't continue to tolerate this and it may be getting closer to tar and feathering time. But calling them hypocrites really isn't going to get us anywhere. In the first place they don't care. They have to be afraid of something bigger than being called a bad name. And our side joining in isn't going to help us either. In fact it will just make it much much worse. It's sending a message to our reps that it is okay with us and we will give them a pass because the other guys did it first. Think about that. Wonder if we raised our children that way? Would we expect good results?

Everybody has their shtick Granny... everybody has their shtick.  I am glad you are so pure.

Me, my shtick is some "Tribalism" (seems to be what the left/anti-somethers are vernaculatin' 'Bout these days)... anywho, my shtick is not to collude with democrats. Particulary the democrats/regrisive leftist BS innuendo and smear.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
House Democrat slams Donald Trump Jr. for ‘serious case of amnesia’ after testimony
By Mallory Shelbourne - 12/06/17 08:42 PM EST

Rep. Jackie Speier (D-Calif.) said Wednesday that Donald Trump Jr.’s interview with the House Intelligence Committee reveals “a very serious case of amnesia." She slammed President Trump’s eldest son for not answering the committee’s questions.

“My takeaway is he has a very serious case of amnesia and he was pretty non-responsive on a lot of issues that frankly, you would have a recollection of, considering it was just a year ago that many of these events took place,” Speier told CNN’s “Erin Burnett Outfront.”

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/house/363690-house-democrat-slams-donald-trump-jr-for-serious-case-of-amnesia-after

Hahhaha.  "I do not recall" was Hillary's theme song for years and she got by with it.

Where was Jackie?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.