Author Topic: ‘Do Not Talk to Me About Honor and Integrity!’ Steve Bannon Savages Entire Romney Clan After Mitt’s  (Read 3319 times)

Offline aligncare

@CatherineofAragon

Believe me I have read what you wrote! and I have concluded that anyone who will convict a person based on nothing more than rumors, political based invective, and flat out lies is insane!  Live with it!

Not only convict him, but convict him specifically of child molestation.

Where does one go to get their reputation back after that charge is proven false?

Politics is plain nasty. Most successful, talented and innovative people won’t even consider entering the ring.

No wonder we get stuck with so many losers.

Offline jpsb

Rep Jordon is kicking ass in the congressional hearing with the now FBI director. Needless to say just when it gets good my DSL connection drops.

Offline DiogenesLamp

“Judge Moore is a graduate of the United States Military Academy at West Point,” he said. “Judge Moore served his country in one of the toughest wars we ever had, in Vietnam.”

“That’s honor and integrity, Mitt,” Bannon said, calling out Romney directly. “And while we’re on the subject of Vietnam, and honor, and integrity, you avoided service, brother.”

Say what you want about Bannon, he punched Mitt squarely in the jaw with this jab. I love it.

Finally we are getting some people who know how to fight.   It's what we have been sorely lacking for many decades.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Not only convict him, but convict him specifically of child molestation.

Where does one go to get their reputation back after that charge is proven false?

Politics is plain nasty. Most successful, talented and innovative people won’t even consider entering the ring.

No wonder we get stuck with so many losers.

Yes! I have alluded to this in the past as well!  There aren't many decent people who will take themselves and their families into the sewer of politics these days.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DiogenesLamp

Bannon’s a degenerate sack of garbage who looks like he sleeps in an alleyway curled around a bottle of Night Train.

I’m no Romney fan, but while Bannon was dragging Romney for missing Vietnam, did he forget his boss?  You know, President Bone Spurs who struggled through his own sexual Vietnam?

Here we go with the "Well,  other people did it too!"  argument.    (Tu Quoque)   

President Trump's draft dodging does not justify Mitt Romney's draft dodging. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

1) So he served.  He’s still a degenerate.

And what information have you seen that demonstrates he is a degenerate?   I would be very interested in seeing it.   I have no knowledge of this. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

@Bigun

Actually, he was an honorable man who wouldn’t have dreamed of justifying child molestation for any goal, political or otherwise.  Sorry I can’t soothe your conscience by allowing you to think he was like you.

Where was he at in terms of judging people on mere accusations and contrary to witnesses and evidence?   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Rep Jordon is kicking ass in the congressional hearing with the now FBI director. Needless to say just when it gets good my DSL connection drops.

I was watching that and came to a couple of conclusions.

One, congresspeople are not elected for looks, and,

Two, I really like Rep Jordan.  He's laid it out and all Wray can say is "I cannot comment on an ongoing investigation."
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Where was he at in terms of judging people on mere accusations and contrary to witnesses and evidence?

One wonders where the judgmental people would be if it were their own husband or father being falsely accused.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Sometimes I despise Ann Coulter but today I love her.  She wrote a great column for TownHall which you can read at : https://townhall.com/columnists/anncoulter/2017/12/06/jerry-seinfeld-endorses-roy-moore-n2419204

It includes an interesting tidbit about Jerry Seinfeld.  The other "accusers" claim he dated them when they were 16 to 19 years old and Moore was in his early 30s -- or younger than Jerry Seinfeld was (39) when he dated 17-year-old Shoshanna Lonstein.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
One wonders where the judgmental people would be if it were their own husband or father being falsely accused.

Oops, forgot my manners.  Since I was obviously talking about @CatherineofAragon, I should ping her. 

Offline Night Hides Not

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.”

George Orwell

I wonder what George would say about Trumpers?

:rolling:
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Night Hides Not

@CatherineofAragon 

Steve Bannon actually served this country in uniform!  You and Hillary seem to have something in common regarding those of us who have done that!

Crap, I thought that issue died when Clinton was elected President.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I wonder what George would say about Trumpers?

:rolling:

Maybe that they are not bloody hypocrites.

(used the bloody thing because he's British)

Offline Night Hides Not

Bannon is the face of modern conservatism.

That makes me a classical conservative...I share very little with Bannon.

Offline Night Hides Not

@CatherineofAragon

Well then I must assume you got the insanity gene honestly!

Bigun, that's beyond the pale.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

@Bigun @Night Hides Not

No, I don't think it is.  @CatherineofAragon has probably made 500 posts insulting other posters who don't agree with her about Roy Moore. 

She leaped on these accusations like a starving Hyena because she already despised Roy Moore.... just not 'her sort.'

I think this has gone beyond obsession with her and when it is over, which it will finally be on Dec. 13th, I wonder if she'll even post anymore.

But, she'll still have Trump.

Offline Night Hides Not

@Bigun @Night Hides Not

No, I don't think it is.  @CatherineofAragon has probably made 500 posts insulting other posters who don't agree with her about Roy Moore. 

She leaped on these accusations like a starving Hyena because she already despised Roy Moore.... just not 'her sort.'

I think this has gone beyond obsession with her and when it is over, which it will finally be on Dec. 13th, I wonder if she'll even post anymore.

But, she'll still have Trump.

Sorry I don't recall @CatherineofAragon making rude comments or jokes that involved deceased family members.

Just because Trump gets away with his bullying tactics, I'll do what I can to keep that style of discourse from dominating TBR.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Don't listen to this @Bigun  ... it certainly is not!

Offline cato potatoe

Bannon is the face of modern conservatism.

That's too bad, since he looks like he's been hiding in Eric Rudolph's tent.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Sorry I don't recall @CatherineofAragon making rude comments or jokes that involved deceased family members.

Just because Trump gets away with his bullying tactics, I'll do what I can to keep that style of discourse from dominating TBR.

You can deem yourself the conscience of TBR, but I'll leave that to Mystery. 

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Thanks for registering your opinion!  I happen to disagree with it and suspect that if you had followed th4e entire conversation yours would be different as well.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Thanks for all your efforts in that cause but it's a little late.

The lady in question has made incredibly offensive comments to me personally over nothing.

A few months back, she made a comment about something and I posted to her, "what are you upset about now?"

Is that offensive?  I didn't mean it that way, it was just a question.

I still have her reply to me, saved so that I would not forget what she is at heart.

So don't talk to me about keeping things civil here.

Offline jpsb

Sometimes I despise Ann Coulter but today I love her.  She wrote a great column for TownHall which you can read at : https://townhall.com/columnists/anncoulter/2017/12/06/jerry-seinfeld-endorses-roy-moore-n2419204

Nice article by Ann. Thx

Offline mirraflake

Does Bannon ever savage Democrats?

Anti Trumpers and Republican establishment types are 100 times more dangerous  than any Democrat

@LottieDah