Author Topic: John Lewis says he may not attend Mississippi Civil Rights Museum opening if Trump is there  (Read 931 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
John Lewis says he may not attend Mississippi Civil Rights Museum opening if Trump is there
By Brett Samuels - 12/06/17 06:22 PM EST

Rep. John Lewis (D-Ga.) said Wednesday he is reconsidering whether to attend this weekend’s opening of the Mississippi Civil Rights Museum after the White House announced President Trump will be there.

“It’s going to be very difficult for me to be there and be on the same platform with him," Lewis told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

Lewis was scheduled to speak at the museum opening on Saturday in Jackson, Miss. However, he told the newspaper that Trump's attendance would be inappropriate, citing his response to an August white nationalist rally in Charlottesville, Va., in which Trump said there was blame on "both sides" for violence that ensued.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/house/363656-john-lewis-may-not-attend-mississippi-civil-rights-museum-opening-if-trump-is
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

That's too bad John. You won't be missed.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Boo hoo!  So sad! /s
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online libertybele

...I don't even know who John Lewis is, nor do I really care at this point to know.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online andy58-in-nh

Let's see: Donald Trump is a Republican, whose party made civil rights not only possible, but real for black Americans. Lewis is a Democrat, whose party attempted to legitimize the slavery of black people, and whose ancestors may well have owned Lewis' ancestors.

Yeah, that makes sense.   
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Let's see: Donald Trump is a Republican, whose party made civil rights not only possible, but real for black Americans. Lewis is a Democrat, whose party attempted to legitimize the slavery of black people, and whose ancestors may well have owned Lewis' ancestors.

Yeah, that makes sense.   

I suspect that very little makes sense to John Lewis these days.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fantom

I suspect that very little makes sense to John Lewis these days.

Somebody should smack him upside the head.   :police:
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Frank Cannon

Somebody should smack him upside the head.   :police:

LOL. Wow!

Offline Fantom

Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Frank Cannon

Glad someone caught that....  888high58888...

I'm not as doped up as my posts let on.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
John Lewis says he may not attend Mississippi Civil Rights Museum opening if Trump is there
By Brett Samuels - 12/06/17 06:22 PM EST

Rep. John Lewis (D-Ga.) said Wednesday he is reconsidering whether to attend this weekend’s opening of the Mississippi Civil Rights Museum after the White House announced President Trump will be there.

“It’s going to be very difficult for me to be there and be on the same platform with him," Lewis told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

Lewis was scheduled to speak at the museum opening on Saturday in Jackson, Miss. However, he told the newspaper that Trump's attendance would be inappropriate, citing his response to an August white nationalist rally in Charlottesville, Va., in which Trump said there was blame on "both sides" for violence that ensued.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/house/363656-john-lewis-may-not-attend-mississippi-civil-rights-museum-opening-if-trump-is

Oh, no, John ... that will just ruin the whole ceremony ... well, except that nobody will notice you aren't there unless you do a lot of tweets about it.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Yeah, that makes sense.   

When our Black friends learn this and also learn that the dems have been using them for years with no benefit to them whatever, there might be a big change in Ameria.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline dfwgator